ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mexican-US Dual Citizen and EU Citizen Need Help

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ThrowAwayAccount
Newly Registered

Mexican-US Dual Citizen and EU Citizen Need Help

Post by ThrowAwayAccount » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:28 am

Hello, everyone. I just stumbled upon this site and was wondering if the helpful community could answer a few of my questions. Here we go:

I'm a dual-citizen of Mexico and the United States (currently living in the US). I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as what my French fiancee would have to do in order to be able to live in the US.

Is it easier to get married in Mexico and then immediately move to the US? Or would it be better to marry in the EU and then move to US? I have no idea if those methods are simpler than a marriage in the US.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Mexican-US Dual Citizen and EU Citizen Need Help

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi. First of all, you need to decide where you want to get married. That's not an immigration issue, although you may want to consider that getting married in the US generally involves much less red tape than in Mexico or the EU.

If you want to get married in the US, you can look either at a marriage visa (CR-1) or a fiance visa (K1). If you want to get married outside the US, then the marriage visa is your only option.

When my now wife I were in a similar situation (only emigrating in the opposite direction), we got married in California. It was very easy to get a license and get married there.