ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please read my problem and suggest me

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Please read my problem and suggest me

Post by santosh_kotha » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi Friends,

I have worked for one Investement Bank in London. Now I left that company and moved to India. That employer wants to hire me for a new position based in US. I am also interested on that. She wants me to start work from June 2007. But she absolutely doesn't know how to bring me there.

As of my knowledge H1b is one of the options for that. But with that I can start work from Oct 2007. I can not do that before. And one more option is B1. But it does not appply to me. Because I am not employee of that company at present. I left the company.

Could anybody please suggest me what are the otherways to get work permit. How it works in my case. Because I am not current employee of that company. Moreover I am in India and my employer is in London and position is in US and also I need to start work from June 2007.

It would be much appreciated if someone can suggest me or give me some resources.

Thank you very much,

Santhosh

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 pm

Is your prospective employer a UK company or a multinational? Is the position in the US a permanent or a temporary one? An employment-authorized B1 (working in the US for a non-US company) is a temporary visa, valid for a maximum of one year. As you say, you must already be in employment when applying for it. Another possibility would be L1. One condition is that you must have worked for that employer for at least one out of the last three years. If the company is not a US company, they can't apply for an H1B visa for you. For both H1B and L1, it's the company, and not you, that needs to start the application process.

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_kotha » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:30 pm

Marco 72 wrote:Is your prospective employer a UK company or a multinational? Is the position in the US a permanent or a temporary one? An employment-authorized B1 (working in the US for a non-US company) is a temporary visa, valid for a maximum of one year. As you say, you must already be in employment when applying for it. Another possibility would be L1. One condition is that you must have worked for that employer for at least one out of the last three years. If the company is not a US company, they can't apply for an H1B visa for you. For both H1B and L1, it's the company, and not you, that needs to start the application process.
Thank you very much Marco for your reply. It is much appreciated. My company is multinational Company. It is Credit Suisse Investment Bank. My position in US will be permenant.

I worked for this company 16 months but through agency not as direct employee of that company. It was ongoing temporary employement and worked for 16 months. Now that company wants to hire me as a permenant employee based in US. Moreover my job is not highly skilled. It is a desktop publishing job. Now could you please suggest me which visa is suitable for me. Remember I am not working at the moment with that company and I am in my home country (India).

I would be greatful to you if you could suggest me one more time.

Thank you very much once again.

Santhosh