ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant lady denied entry into US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aa1112
Newly Registered

Pregnant lady denied entry into US

Post by aa1112 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 am

Hi,
A friend of mine have a 10 year visiting visa with multiple entries ...She is pregnant now and was planning to visit her sister in chicago...but she was refused entry into US and was sent back and her visa is cancelled...the officer thought she was there for her delivery...My friend was having enough funds to cover her medical in case she had to deliver the baby in US...Her husband was also travelling with her...But without checking any documents the officer denied them entry saying that they dont have sufficient funds to cover her medical insurance....My friend was very upset and couldnt stop crying ....seeing her condition after 4 hours a lady officer who was with her told her...WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THIS BUT ONE OF UR RELATIVE HAVE MADE COMPLAINT THAT U WANT TO ILLEGALLY SETTLE HERE THAT IS Y WE HAVE TO DO THIS"....Is this possible?????Her visa is cancelled...I mean how can they come to decision without even going through there documents and blindly trust some XYZ making complaint...What can she do know????Is there any way to find out who made complaint?????
Any advise would be appreciated....plzzzzzz suggest her what to do...

SKK27
Newly Registered

Re: Pregnant lady denied entry into US

Post by SKK27 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:41 pm

aa1112 wrote:Hi,
A friend of mine have a 10 year visiting visa with multiple entries ...She is pregnant now and was planning to visit her sister in chicago...but she was refused entry into US and was sent back and her visa is cancelled...the officer thought she was there for her delivery...My friend was having enough funds to cover her medical in case she had to deliver the baby in US...Her husband was also travelling with her...But without checking any documents the officer denied them entry saying that they dont have sufficient funds to cover her medical insurance....My friend was very upset and couldnt stop crying ....seeing her condition after 4 hours a lady officer who was with her told her...WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THIS BUT ONE OF UR RELATIVE HAVE MADE COMPLAINT THAT U WANT TO ILLEGALLY SETTLE HERE THAT IS Y WE HAVE TO DO THIS"....Is this possible?????Her visa is cancelled...I mean how can they come to decision without even going through there documents and blindly trust some XYZ making complaint...What can she do know????Is there any way to find out who made complaint?????
Any advise would be appreciated....plzzzzzz suggest her what to do...

Hi a1112,sorry to hear your ordeal.
Let me clear you,first if you are heavily pregnant or similar condition an airline can refuse to get on board otherwise they have to face the consequences.
Second thing is that,if by chance you manage to give birth in that country your child will get the citizenship of that country even if you are illegal --here is the catch..you fall in this category.
I hold greencard and lived and worked in spite of that every time I visit outside the US ,I faced numberless questions by homeland security and couple of time been detained for hours with two kids and my wife including entry in the passport.....
At one time my green card was about to to be revoked but eventually managed to save that as my wife is a skill worker and we had Uncle sam's fees paid on year by year.
Another reason could be as per officer you had a complaint and your situation is pregnant made them to believe third persons statemnet about your intentions........