ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

security check-FBI Name check list

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sridhar reddy
Newly Registered

security check-FBI Name check list

Post by sridhar reddy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:28 am

hi,
I have read in some of the forums that , there might be a security check in my case, if it is a security check, can anybody please tell me whether it will be in london (as i am living in london fromthe past 3 years) or in US(as the sponsored company is in US) or in India(as i was born in india).
An early reply is highly solicited

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:38 pm

The security check is conducted by the FBI - they may or may not work with other agencies within the US such the Dept of State (which covers US Embassies) as well as external intelligence/ polic authorities. There may also be checks on the bona fide nature of your qualifications and/or claimed work experience as well as credentials of the sponsoring company.

sridhar reddy
Newly Registered

please help

Post by sridhar reddy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:49 pm

Hi, thanks for ur reply, but my UK company is an umbrella company which is closed now, if they make any enquiry abt the company, then i will have to pack my bags off. please help me what to do. am i eligible to HSMP,if yes , can u tell me whom should i approach and how i should apply. moreover my passport is with US embassy , how can i aply HSMP

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:53 am

Sridhar, your questions are shooting in all directions at once, without giving us too much information about your current situation, and also what is it that you are trying to achieve, and what has been done so far by whom.

It also seems that you have not made an effort so far to investigate the terms of basic options available to you either in the U.S. or in the U.K.

My partner on this Board, Kayalami, has tried providing you with some essential ideas, and for me to guess various scenarios applicable to your case and to try covering them in detail would result in a very lengthy reply, which would mostly duplicate information that's publically available or was discussed on this Board.

Hope you find the time for some homework.

sridhar reddy
Newly Registered

please help me- urgently - H1b visa - LONdon

Post by sridhar reddy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:54 pm

Hey please help me as i am confused,

i have been posting my views on to this forum quite a number of times
but the latest update is i recd my passport back from the US embassy
last week and a letter which says that ur case is still under review.
they kept all the orginal educational certificates and all other original documents.

the other point is that i have registered in one of the below address where they enquire my visa with the dept of state , Washington DC, on behalf of
my application and send me mails regularly abt any updates in my case

today i recd the below mail saying that they already have issued me a visa on 30th June 2004,
now my question is if my visa is issued , why did the Visa officer didnot issue me a visa after submitting all the addtional documents,why did he sent back my passport and kept all my originals and say that my case is still under review.

i am totally confused , please help me

===============================================
We inquired about the status of your visa application at the Department of State and they informed us that your visa was issued on June 30, 2004. Please confirm this. We will then remove your name from our list of pending visa cases.

International Visitors Office

The National Academies

500 Fifth Street, NW

Washington, DC 20001 USA

Phone: 202-334-2602

Fax: 202-334-2231

Email: visas@nas.edu

http://national-academies.org/visas
=================================================

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:15 am

sridhar wrote: reddytoday i recd the below mail saying that they already have issued me a visa on 30th June 2004,
now my question is if my visa is issued , why did the Visa officer didnot issue me a visa after submitting all the addtional documents,why did he sent back my passport and kept all my originals and say that my case is still under review.
AFAIK the US authorities will only deal with the applicant, an authorised legal representative or a member of congress to whom you have approached regarding delays. The organisation you quote is some sort of lobby group trying to show how visa delays are supposedly impacting on US research capability - they have no authority to obtain or pass any info to you so I find their claim of visa issuance dubious to say the least. I hope you did not pay for this service.

I would listen to the embassy who are more likley to know what is going on - I understand reviews can take up to 12 months. The recent requirement for all non immigrant visa applicants to be finger printed has regretably resulted in more delays as the US security organisations verify any hits matching you details on their systems Mantis etc - I am sure you would want them to get it right in your case would you not. I appreciate its tough but you just have to be patient.