ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting a business in US and need visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StudyingAccounting
Newly Registered

Starting a business in US and need visa

Post by StudyingAccounting » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:17 am

I have been working to establish an internet business for the last couple of years, and I have got to the point which I can pay full-time salary to one employee (which is me) while I pay at least minimum wage. I'd like to have this business established in US, and in fact, I just formed a company (in Delaware). Once I transfer all my assets to the company, the company will start receiving income and will be able to pay full-time salary to one employee (which is me) while the company pays at least minimum wage in US.

... I need visa, but what kind of visa can I apply for and have reasonable chance of getting approved? Can I get one of E-visas or maybe H?

Also how long does it take to prepare for E-visa and how long does it take for Consulate/Embassy to process? how long does it take to prepare for H-visa and how long does it take for Consulate/Embassy to process?

sb85
Newly Registered

Post by sb85 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:04 am

Starting a business in the US is a very, very complex topic. But to generalize it, you have two options.

You either start a US business, pay someone to run it for you, and you run it from your home country and visit it from time to time. OR you remain in the US on an E visa, but you don't work for the company.

Or you apply for an immigrant visa, which requires investing between $500,00 and $1,000,000 and employ at least 10 US permitted workers.

You cannot start a business and pay just yourself a wage. It's either yourself AND minimum of 10 US citizens or LPRs (not related to you) or you leave the company in someone elses hands and you don't receive a paycheck from it.