ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to the US.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aaronf23
Newly Registered

Travelling to the US.

Post by Aaronf23 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 am

Hello, so basically this is my issue. My girlfriend came to the UK for close to six months recently and we thought we had extensively researched everything possible to get her through immigrations and sadly, she was rejected after a two hour interview. However, they granted her a two day stay and she returned home on a flight today. I could hardly believe it, but nontheless we are trying to make the best out of our suitation and I'm planning on travelling in just over ten days to america.

My previous travel history in the US was a three month stay last summer and honestly it was a breeze through customs. I was, however a student which I just recently graduated and I'm currently unemployed. I've decided to take a year off education to find employment to help pay for my university fee's next year and I'm honestly concerned this could cause a problem when it comes to having a tie to the UK ontop of the issue with my girlfriend getting denied entry into the UK. Could this cause problems for me at immigration? I mean, considering my already three month stay I'm hoping that's enough to make me a trustworthy person and my length of stay is only going to be two weeks as I'm worried to make it any longer than that in order to avoid suspicion.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with a partner getting rejected and could shed some light on my suitation, if I travel to the US this shortly after her getting denied in the UK? Thank you.