ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two questions regarding a H1B visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mike1l
Newly Registered

Two questions regarding a H1B visa

Post by mike1l » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding getting an H1B visa.

Firstly, it says on the immigration site you need a degree. I don't have a degree but have worked in the industry for nearly 30 years and at a high level for around 20 of those, I work in IT and I am currently CTO at a mid size company. Is a degree a hard and fast rule?

Second, when I was younger (nearly 20 years ago) I was stupid enough to work in the US without a visa, tried to get back in after xmas and I was denied entry. I have been granted the visa that you get in these circumstances, were you can't use the visa waiver program, so the US don't hate me but wondered what bearing this would have on a H1B application?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

mike1l
Newly Registered

Re: Two questions regarding a H1B visa

Post by mike1l » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm

I've found the answer to question one myself, a degrees not required if you have good enough experience in the field you are getting sponsored for.

Still can't find anything on the second point, so any pointers much appreciated.