ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen wants to marry US citizen&move straight to US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gratefulforadvice
Newly Registered

UK citizen wants to marry US citizen&move straight to US

Post by gratefulforadvice » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has found a way around my problem - I am afraid I will not find a solution!

I want to get married next July 2009 in Scotland, where my American fiance and I met 2 and a half years ago. He is in US now, I am in UK, and we would hope to reside in these places until we got married. Then we would hope to go back to US to reside permanently from that summer on.

I know that according to i-130 he could only begin to petition for me to come and reside permanently in US AFTER we are married, and as this may take up to a year, this could mean a separation, or him having to live in UK if we wanted to wait for it to clear.

ANY WAY around this that anyone has succeeded in? I don't really want to get married in USA, though I know it would be easier entering on a K1 next summer to marry in US and then residing there permanently.

Help and personal testimonials appreciated :)