ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US B2 visa appointment question

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adsf
Newly Registered

US B2 visa appointment question

Post by adsf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi

My wife has a US visa appointment in the next few days and I just noticed she has the remnants of a blister on her thumb. It's a few weeks old so has dried up but some of the skin there in hard and there's a mark still there.

I read that when taking fingerprints, if you have any cuts or blisters then the application doesn't get processed and you have to reschedule.

Does anyone have any experience with this and is it really that strict?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: US B2 visa appointment question

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:52 am

I don't have experience with this, but would advise you reschedule if the blister hasn't completely healed & disappeared. The reason being, that is what will be recorded on her biometric record, and checked against very time she attempts to enter the US, so there is the potential that her finger prints may not match because of this in the future - when the blister has disappeared. Hopefully that explanation makes sense.