ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US B2 Visa when already have valid B1/B2 Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dks100

US B2 Visa when already have valid B1/B2 Visa

Post by dks100 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR with Indian passport and living in UK. I am planning to visit USA for my holidays on short trip. I already have valid B1/B2 visa on my passport and this was issued when I have to visit US on my company business few years back. I am no more working for this company.

Do I still need to apply B2 Visa for my trip ?

Thanks
DKS

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: US B2 Visa when already have valid B1/B2 Visa

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 am

So long as you still have sufficient time left on the visa (i.e. Expiry date) & there are no endorsements on your visa vignette restricting it for business travel with your former employer only, I don't believe you will have a problem in using it for a holiday. B1/B2 visas are issued for business & tourism short visits to the USA, so can be used for either purpose. At the port of entry the immigration officer will either mark B1 or B2 on your passport, depending on the purpose of travel you state when entering.