ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US passport for our son. I (the father) live in the UK.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

James738
Newly Registered

US passport for our son. I (the father) live in the UK.

Post by James738 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello.

My wife intends to apply for an American passport for our baby son. I am a British citizen living in the UK. My wife is an American citizen, and she and our baby son are living in the US at present (son was also born in the US).

I did a little research on how to apply for my son's passport. It seems that getting his passport is complicated by the fact I'm living in the UK, even though my wife will be the one applying. I read that I'd need to fill out some forms from over here and sign something in front of a notary.

I'm wondering if anyone on here is able to give me a basic breakdown of the steps involved in getting my son's passport. If you could give me some instructions regarding the procedure, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: US passport for our son. I (the father) live in the UK.

Post by obormot » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:51 pm

You need to fill and notarise a simple form, and send it to your wife - Form DS-3053
The easiest is to notarise it at US embassy here