ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visa Stamping Queries London

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

VR

US Visa Stamping Queries London

Post by VR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am

Folks,

Need some info as I plan to go to the US embassy for H1b Stamping shortly.

1. How many photographs should we take with us? Or is a scanned 51mmX51mm photo submitted with the Online DS-160 Sufficient? Also is the photograph spec same as that for OCI ,Indian requirement?

2. Fixing up an appointment- Is there any fees that needs to be paid in advance? Or do they accept credit card there for any payments. People advise not to carry wallet, watch, phone anything to avoid delays.

3. How quick is it to get an appointment in London? Normally how many days does it take to get one?

Appreciate all the help.
Best Regards,
vr

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm

1. when i applied for B1/B2 earlier I uploaded the photo online and it worked fine.

2. Had to pay the fee over phone at the time of booking an appointment. Watch should be fine, don't remember about wallet but didn't carry phone.

VR

Thanks

Post by VR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Dear Ban.S,

I was playing with the DS-160 and tested the photograph which was accepted. I will be carrying a physical copy with me as well. I should be phoning them for an appointment in a day or two after making sure the D-160 is complete . Do you need to give the file reference number of the DS-160 while phoning in for the appointment? Also do you need to print it and take a copy of it with you for the Interview?
Cheers
vr

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm

You don't need to provide any reference number for appointment booking. I think I submitted the form just a day or two before the appointment. Booked the appointment 4-5 weeks prior to that.
Though I carried a print out but it's not required if i remember correctly.

VR

Thanks once again

Post by VR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Ban.s,

Appreciated.
cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 am

You don't need to call them up anymore in order to book an appointment. You can do it all online now - book, cancel or reschedule. And yes, you will have to enter the DS160 number there. You will need to make the payment online as well.

VR

Thanks

Post by VR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 am

Dear Lifofifo,

Thank you for the info. A few questions more

a. What is the average wait time for getting an interview.
b. In how many days do they return the documents if its a straight forward approval?
c. Do we need to take self address secure delivery envelope for return of passport?
d. On the DS160 once you book your appointment can you then complete this form. I have just started and its blooming lengthy, since I started my career in the US, I am forced to dig out old info. My question is till when can we make changes to this form?

e. I am planning to take my Indian Passports(Surrendered) along with the British passport and surrender certificate. Am hoping stamping will be done on the UK passport without any hitch. Fingers crossed.
Cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 am

a. I was out in about 2 hours.
b. Mine took 4 days.
c. No.
d. I don't remember.
e. Yeah they'll stamp your UK passport. No issues there.

VR

Thanks once again

Post by VR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 am

Cheers
vr