ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US visa waiver program related questions

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered

US visa waiver program related questions

Post by 134523452 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:13 pm

I just talked to the US embassy in London but they couldn't help. Called the home land security in the US the other day and they kept bouncing my call around until it hit a deadend and the call dropped.

1. I changed my name a couple of years ago. Do I need to disclose my previous name on the ESTA application? There is a section that says Are you know by any other names? To be honest, I am not known by my previous name anymore otherwise whats the point of changing a name. I read somewhere that known by any other names has the same meaning as known by previous names.

2. I applied for renunciation of my previous citizenship. I am waiting for the confirmation. Do I still need to mention that I am citizen of another country on the ESTA application.

I understand that this forum is probably not the most qualified place to ask these questions but the age of internet has created some problems (along with giving us innumerable solutions). One problem is that whenever you call someone they say that you should look at the website. There are so many websites homeland security, esta, travel.state.gov, US embassy London, etc.

Anyways, I always get some help or good advice here so thought I will post the questions on immigration boards.