ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for visiting Hawaii if have FLR for uk in passprt

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aaliyah110

Visa for visiting Hawaii if have FLR for uk in passprt

Post by Aaliyah110 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:34 am

Hi all,

My husband has an FLR for UK in his passport which is Pakistani..we want to go to Hawaii for a holiday do you know what visa he needs and where do we apply.

thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Visa for visiting Hawaii if have FLR for uk in passprt

Post by sakura » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Aaliyah110 wrote:Hi all,

My husband has an FLR for UK in his passport which is Pakistani..we want to go to Hawaii for a holiday do you know what visa he needs and where do we apply.

thanks
I hope you know that Hawai'i is part of the United States? So, you need a tourist visa from the US embassy in the United Kingdom.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Aaliyah110 wrote:Hi all,

thanks
Hmm..US tourist visa on a Pakistani passport..Its going to be tough, especially if his name has Mohammed in it.

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:25 pm

thirdwave wrote: Hmm..US tourist visa on a Pakistani passport..Its going to be tough, especially if his name has Mohammed in it.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: i dont know who u r but i think ur sense of humor is bang out of order. bin laden aint from pakistan neither are members of the ira or BNP members. so who said Mohammed ia name to fear. dont create something out of nothing. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Whatever you do, don't buy the tickets until your husband has the visa stamped in his passport.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:36 am

SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:dont know who u r but i think ur sense of humor is bang out of order. bin laden aint from pakistan neither are members of the ira or BNP members. so who said Mohammed ia name to fear. dont create something out of nothing.
I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that the application might take a long time because of his nationality.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Marco 72 wrote:
SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:dont know who u r but i think ur sense of humor is bang out of order. bin laden aint from pakistan neither are members of the ira or BNP members. so who said Mohammed ia name to fear. dont create something out of nothing.
I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that the application might take a long time because of his nationality.
Thanks for that Marco.The reason why I mentioned it was because I know many legitimate applications (usually for attending conferences) from Pakistani professionals in the UK with good immigration histories being refused for obscure reasons & one of them told me that consular staff r especially harsh on ppl with popular muslim names like Mohammed & fit a certain religious profile. As Aaliyah's husband has quite a bit of adverse immigration history behind him,I feel its not worth risking an application currently as it would close the doors of VVP to him in the future.

I personally would suggest a holiday in the Maldives instead (they can b a bit pricey though)

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:33 pm

He may have adverse immigration history, but that is all sorted hense the reason he was allowed back into this country and has an FLR..also he is also got a Schengan visa, with no problems, so I think I will try it and my question was where to apply not if he will get refused..I personally as his wife am very secure financially and I do not think he has anything to worry about as I am also British who was born here so I will work something out to get him the visa for the US as I did manage to get him back here into the UK.

Anything is possible as long as you have faith in the almighty. So please do not be so negative.

Anyway thanks for letting me know where to apply lets see what happens. I Will keep you posted

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:33 pm

I don't think your husband's previous immigration problems are going to be an issue. The only potential problem is that his application may get stuck in the notorious FBI check stage. This seems to happen disproportionately often to people born in places like Pakistan. This is why I recommended you should make no travel arrangements until you have the visa in your hand.