ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Processing duration

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WH431
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Processing duration

Post by WH431 » Sat May 15, 2004 10:36 am

Hi eveyone,

Can someone please tell that how long its normally taking for the Background checks for non-immigrant Visa applications now a days.

In my case its a B2 visa and according to the Visa Officer (at US Embassy-Berlin) it can get issued as soon as the result of background checks are recieved from US. I cant book flights until i know the exact dates and my summer holdidays arent too far away...Anyone with similiar experiences here?

Thanx in advance

WH

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sat May 15, 2004 2:25 pm

I heard different location-specific stories; you may have to wait up to a month before the visa is granted...

Filip
Newly Registered

Post by Filip » Mon May 17, 2004 10:11 am

Hi,

the following details are written on the US Embassy's web-site:

"...In case of a positive decision you will be able to pick up your visaed passport from 3.00 to 4.00 pm on the following working day after the fingerprinting date or after the date of application submission. Some complicated cases may take longer to process. Therefore, please apply several weeks in advance of your planned travel. Do not buy a plane ticket until you have received a visa..."

How long have you been waiting for?

WH431
Newly Registered

Post by WH431 » Wed May 19, 2004 5:48 am

What US Embassy are u talking of Filip? I am waiting for a week now.

I think its a normal procedure now that the US consulates take a few week after the interview for the background checks with the help of finger prints before finally issuing a visa. These checks are only done when Visa officer at the consultae decides to grant the visa. Gone are the days when Visa issuence happened the same or next day. Anyway there is not a given duration for these background checks and these can vary from case to case. I would liked to hear other ppls expereiences who ve been thru this..

Thanx for anyone replying.

WH