ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen tourist visa applied as family but only one passport processed

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anonbha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Schengen tourist visa applied as family but only one passport processed

Post by Anonbha » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:56 pm

Hello, we applied at the Greece visa centre for a Schengen tourist visa. We are a family of 4, wife and two small kids.
We all currently live in the UK and we are all have ILR here. I personally work full-time but my wife and obviously kids do not work. So I am basically sponsoring all 4 of us.

I got an email saying my passport was ready for pickup. At the visa centre I was surprised to learn only my passport was available for pick up. Upon checking the status of the other three applications online they are shown to be "Under processing at the consulate". This really surprised me as we applied together and the person who took our appointment at the visa centre clearly bundled the application folders with a larger rubber band. So I was expecting get all passport together.

I am bit worried at the moment... is this common? any one I should contact?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Schengen tourist visa applied as family but only one passport processed

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Anonbha wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:56 pm
Hello, we applied at the Greece visa centre for a Schengen tourist visa. We are a family of 4, wife and two small kids.
We all currently live in the UK and we are all have ILR here. I personally work full-time but my wife and obviously kids do not work. So I am basically sponsoring all 4 of us.

I got an email saying my passport was ready for pickup. At the visa centre I was surprised to learn only my passport was available for pick up. Upon checking the status of the other three applications online they are shown to be "Under processing at the consulate". This really surprised me as we applied together and the person who took our appointment at the visa centre clearly bundled the application folders with a larger rubber band. So I was expecting get all passport together.

I am bit worried at the moment... is this common? any one I should contact?
Not sure why you didn't ask them this question at the visa center. They clearly have a direct link with the Embassy.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!