ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Visa application for long-time resident of UK (Indian national)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RB1976
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

French Visa application for long-time resident of UK (Indian national)

Post by RB1976 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:02 pm

Hi all
I am applying for a French visa for my mum who is an Indian passport holder. She has had Indefinite Leave to Remain for a LONG time (she arrived in the UK in 1958...pls dont ask why she hasn't applied for a British Passport yet!). The question I have is that other than the ILR stamp in an old passport, she does not have any document to prove her UK residency status.
She applied for, and received a Greek Schengen visa back in 2022 but the French Visa application form asks for her BRP details.
So I have a few questions, for which any assistance would be appreciated:
- has anyone, in a similar stituation as my mum, had any luck in obtaining a French visa without a BRP;
- if not, does anyone know how quickly one can obtain a BRP? I know online it says up to 6 months, but given our trip is in July (and my mum has been in the UK for so long), I am hoping it will be a lot quicker so that I can then make the visa application!
Thanks for reading and for any nuggets of advice.
RB

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: French Visa application for long-time resident of UK (Indian national)

Post by ibwe » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm

RB1976 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:02 pm
- if not, does anyone know how quickly one can obtain a BRP? I know online it says up to 6 months, but given our trip is in July (and my mum has been in the UK for so long), I am hoping it will be a lot quicker so that I can then make the visa application!
I don't want to go into the why she didn't do it before. However the quickest solution will be to do it via priority service. It will cost you from £500 up. But decision time is between 1 day min and 30 days max depending on the kind of priority services you will choose. More info check here

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 pm

ibwe wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm
RB1976 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:02 pm
I don't want to go into the why she didn't do it before. However the quickest solution will be to do it via priority service. It will cost you from £500 up. But decision time is between 1 day min and 30 days max depending on the kind of priority services you will choose. More info check here
There is no priority service for BRP applications. The OP family already has ILR. Even if the family member applies for a BRP, it can take up to 6 months and will the card will expire on 31 December 2024 anyway.

The challenge for the family member applying for a BRP card is that they have to provide evidence since 1958 that they have maintained their ILR and not been away from the UK for 2 or more years. Such an application for a BRP Card for ILR granted in 1958 will take a long time to process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RB1976
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RB1976 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:11 pm

Thanks to you both for taking the time to respond.
Well, to those who have had issues securing an appointment to submit a French Visa Application - I have managed it and so, keep trying.
Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the French will be happy to grant a visa on the basis that my mum's settled status is by way of an ILE stamp (sorry I said ILR by mistake earlier) and not a BRP...

RB1976
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RB1976 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:59 am

Hi all
Just by way of update. I sent an email to the Consulate and, I was very surprised to have received a call from TLS from a helpful lady who reassured me that the Application Centre receives passport endorsements instead of BRPs to provide UK residency all the time, and that, at the appointment, they will simply insert the prevailing date as the "date of issue" and the 10th anniversary as the "residence permit expiry date".
Appointment is next week and so I will update for everyone's info.
Regards
RB1976

RB1976
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RB1976 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:52 pm

Jut wanted to report back. The appointment was made with the incorrect name, and so a second appointment was made (after the lottery refresh of the TLS appointments page), and all docs were accepted. And so, it would seem that having ILE/ILR should not be a problem. Ofcourse, I will only know for sure, when the application comes back.