ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French long term visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Medbj
Mood:
United Kingdom

French long term visa

Post by Medbj » Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm

Dear all,
I’m a UK citizen looking into moving to France but I’d like initially to touch base and spend some extended time before I take my final decision. My target is the 1 year long term visa with the possibility to work if I want to. Anyone went through this process please ?

meself2
Ireland

Re: French long term visa

Post by meself2 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:43 pm

This is a very vague question with no good answers.

I can see you've posted in various topics related to immigration, eg naturalization. I'm afraid you'll be in this position again in France - you need a reason to be there, like work, studies or investments. Obviously, if you're under an employment contract, your work is tied to your stay.

What path are you willing to take to move to France?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: French long term visa

Post by ALKB » Tue May 21, 2024 7:00 pm

Medbj wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm
My target is the 1 year long term visa with the possibility to work if I want to.
Do you have an official link to this visa?

I only know the one year visiteur visa, which does not allow work at all.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.