ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India tourist e-visa while waiting to surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trplex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

India tourist e-visa while waiting to surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI

Post by trplex » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Hi,
I received my British Passport last week and have an appointment to surrender my Indian passport in London later this month.
I will need to travel to India in early December and I understand that there is not enough time for me to get my OCI sorted by then.
When can I apply for a tourist e-visa to India? Can I do it now or do I need to wait till after surrendering my Indian passport? Or after applying for OCI?
I tried applying for a tourist e-visa today. In the application form it asks if I have visited India previously. When I answer - yes, it asks for previous visa number and details of visa. I obviously do not have these as I previously had an Indian passport.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

sathyauk
India

Re: India tourist e-visa while waiting to surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI

Post by sathyauk » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:52 am

Hi,

You have tick "NO" because you are visiting India first time using British Passport.

Thanks,
Sathya

trplex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: India tourist e-visa while waiting to surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI

Post by trplex » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:30 pm

Thank you so much, Sathya. Have you had to do this as well? Would it be difficult to get a one year visa if I say I’ve never visited India previously? Thank you!

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:52 am

Its not difficult. I received my Visa next day.

Please don't think too much, e visa is easy and straight forward

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:24 pm

sathyauk wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:52 am
Its not difficult. I received my Visa next day.

Please don't think too much, e visa is easy and straight forward
Have you already got renunciation or still waiting?

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:56 am

I need to apply for renunciation. I applied for visa in May and went to India in July.

trplex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by trplex » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:01 pm

Thank you Sathya!!

srr
Newly Registered
India

Post by srr » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:44 am

Hi, I have a question related to evisa - Is it granted from the date of processing or date of planned travel? And hence when is the best time to apply for it - as close to your actual travel date?
Any guidance would help.