ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPN issues in 2022 - Good Charter for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FPN issues in 2022 - Good Charter for naturalisation application

Post by romicrick » Tue May 07, 2024 11:04 am

Hi Mentors,

I would like some advice on my naturalisation application please.

I had an FPN issued for speeding SP50 in OCTOBER 2022 with 3 demerit points & £100, paid for immediately with £100 fine and 3 pointes endorsed on my DL. My ILR was granted in 2024 (I did not declare the FPN for my ILR application as it said only tell HO if I have 3 or more FPN's)

I have already submitted my naturalization application on 12th March, 2024. I did not declared the FPN & 3 points I received for speeding. (The issue did not go to court. It was resolved by accepting £100 fine & 3 points). I was contemplating declaring it under the section below:-
Convictions and other penalties

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
(Required)
Only select one answer at a time. If you need to give more than one answer, you can do so on another page.
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance - If I choose this and expand this it says ...Your driving offence
You must tell us about fixed penalty notices (e.g. a speeding or parking ticket) if you've received three or more. If you received a fixed penalty notice but didn't pay the fine and there was a criminal proceeding resulting in a conviction, tell us here.

As I only had 1 FPN I decided not to declare it.

I am getting a but worried now as I have read many articles and most of them states that I should have declared the FPN & 3 Points I received. Can anybody with experience advice me on the following:-

1. Should I contact the home office now and declare the FPN?

2. What are the chances of HO rejecting my application because of the undeclared FPN?

3. When it clearly states only declare FPN's if you have 3 or more, Why does majority of people advice to declare it? The information is not very clear and confuses me!

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Romi

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: FPN issues in 2022 - Good Charter for naturalisation application

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 am

Remember that ILR and citizenship are separate processes with different requirements and under different legislations!

You should have declared the FPN. Have you attended your biometrics appointment yet? If not, you can disclose it in a cover letter and attach it to the rest of your supporting documents on the UKVCAS site. If not, best to contact UKVI and disclose it. If it is your only offence it is unlikely it will cause an issue but not declaring it may come across as you trying to hide information.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Tue May 07, 2024 11:38 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 am
Remember that ILR and citizenship are separate processes with different requirements and under different legislations!

You should have declared the FPN. Have you attended your biometrics appointment yet? If not, you can disclose it in a cover letter and attach it to the rest of your supporting documents on the UKVCAS site. If not, best to contact UKVI and disclose it. If it is your only offence it is unlikely it will cause an issue but not declaring it may come across as you trying to hide information.
I have already attended my biometrics.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 11:40 am

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Tue May 07, 2024 11:51 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:40 am
Then write all details in a cover note, explain the oversight and send it to UKVI via email:

NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
But why do they state only tell us if you have 3 or more FPN's on the application form? Don't you think its is misleading?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 11:58 am

This is not stated for naturalisation, that I know of.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Tue May 07, 2024 12:16 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:58 am
This is not stated for naturalisation, that I know of.
That was the option to declare under:-

Convictions and other penalties

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
(Required)
Only select one answer at a time. If you need to give more than one answer, you can do so on another page.
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance - If I choose this and expand this it says ...Your driving offence
You must tell us about fixed penalty notices (e.g. a speeding or parking ticket) if you've received three or more. If you received a fixed penalty notice but didn't pay the fine and there was a criminal proceeding resulting in a conviction, tell us here.

I am stressing now. Thinking if I send an email to HO now it would mess the whole application?
:cry:

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 12:35 pm

I applied last year and don't recall that phrasing. It does happen that the guidance may be confusing. Just to avoid any doubt you can disclose this FPN to UKVI, quoting that you aren't sure you understood the phrasing so you are choosing to disclose it to avoid any doubts. If this is your only offence it won't jeopardise your application.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:35 pm
I applied last year and don't recall that phrasing. It does happen that the guidance may be confusing. Just to avoid any doubt you can disclose this FPN to UKVI, quoting that you aren't sure you understood the phrasing so you are choosing to disclose it to avoid any doubts. If this is your only offence it won't jeopardise your application.
Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated :)

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 am

Has anybody ever been refused a naturalisation for not disclosing 1 X FPN (For speeding) which was paid in time?
Any other mentors gone through a case like this in their experience?

Thanks in advance

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed May 08, 2024 10:41 am

If you email UKVI it will be disclosed and unlikely to cause problems. As I said it seems to me that the wording on the question has changed recently so unlikely there has been a case this specific that was reported.

allain

Post by allain » Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm

romicrick wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 am
Has anybody ever been refused a naturalisation for not disclosing 1 X FPN (For speeding) which was paid in time?

Thanks in advance
please update us whatever happens. i am in same situation but don't know what to do.

mods are now locking the forums, means you cannot come back after few months and update others. they want us to make new threads to ask questions but there is no one to help.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 pm

Personally I have not seen any reports here by members being refused for a single FPN.
Doesn't mean there never has been but very much doubt it. Not everyone reports back on bad news.
Again, very much doubt this is happening. However, where applicants are repeat offenders, or commit many different offences, court cases/fines, fines not being paid, this could be viewed as scant regard for law and order.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Mon May 13, 2024 9:44 am

allain wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm
romicrick wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 am

Thanks in advance
please update us whatever happens. i am in same situation but don't know what to do.

mods are now locking the forums, means you cannot come back after few months and update others. they want us to make new threads to ask questions but there is no one to help.
Yes sure. I will update it :)

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Fri May 17, 2024 9:43 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 pm
Personally I have not seen any reports here by members being refused for a single FPN.
Doesn't mean there never has been but very much doubt it. Not everyone reports back on bad news.
Again, very much doubt this is happening. However, where applicants are repeat offenders, or commit many different offences, court cases/fines, fines not being paid, this could be viewed as scant regard for law and order.
Thank you for your response.

I only have 1 FPN for speeding. Dealt with it outside the court by accepting £100 fine and 3 points endorsed on my DL.
No other parking ticket / fines / FPN in my 10 year stay.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 17, 2024 11:21 am

If you want to be extra safe, disclose this to UKVI. If disclosed it is unlikely to cause issues as it is your only offense.

yudah
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by yudah » Sat May 18, 2024 9:37 am

Hell yeah, happened to me as well, i applied in 7th of may and in 8th of may i've got my first ever fine letter for speeding, the date of offence was 5th of may, will this affect my application?
Kind regards.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 20, 2024 11:36 am

Disclose in a cover letter and upload it before you attend biometrics (if you haven't already), otherwise send it to UKVI via email.

romicrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by romicrick » Mon May 20, 2024 12:54 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:21 am
If you want to be extra safe, disclose this to UKVI. If disclosed it is unlikely to cause issues as it is your only offense.
I have sent an email to all 4 emails you advised me. I have explained everything in a cover letter and sent a copy of my paid FPN.

Thank you for your help & advice again.