ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

ILR Success - Solihull PEO

Post by sojan » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

PEO Expirience at Solihull - ILR Success + FLR - 22 May 2012

Hi All,

First of all a big thanks to this forum which helped me through all my applications.
I came in as Tier2, switched to Tier1. My 5 years was due in June, but I applied 25 days earlier.

Preparation Stages:
We booked appointments online 6 weeks (42 days) earlier. There was plently of appointment in every PEO location when you book appointments online 42 days before your appointment date.

I booked two appointments Solihull PEO
1. for ILR 09:30am (SET-O Form)
2. for FLR 12:30pm (FLR Form)

I was planning to show salary for 7months as it was just above the required threshold from my previous Tier1 application.

I made documents into 3 sets.
(i) Very important documents and mandatory for the applications
ILR application
- Form Set(O)
- Covering letter with absence details
- 2 Photos
- Bank Statements - 8 Months
- Payslips - 7 Months
- P60 - 4 years
- Passport + Biometric Card
- LIUK result
- UKBA Appointment letter
- Self Assessment Points Calculator Printout
- Debit Card

FLR application
- FLR(M) form
- Wife Passport + Biometric Card
- 2 Wife photos + 1 my photo
- Wife Degree Certificate Original
- Tier1 PBC printout to show the degree was taught in English
- Covering Letter to describe she studied in English
- Wife Debit Card
- LIUK for wife
- Marriage Certificate Original

(ii) Mostly asked documents

- Letter from Employer for both of us
- My Degree Certificates
- 8Months to 24 months Salary Slips
- 8Months to 24 months Bank Statements
- Work permit and letter of invitation from my previous employer (tier2 sponsor)
- Very few utility bills, council tax documents and Driving license

(iii) Rarely asked .. just in case
- New Employer - Few Communication Letters - [joining/Contract]
- Tenancy Agreements - Multiple
- All Available bank statements and payslips
- Cheque books
- Previous UKBA application forms and approval letters.
- Many other documents.. don't know what all now

On The day:
Ensured phone was fully charged and checked all documents quickly before starting from house.
We arrived at Solihull at 08:55am.

Security check took 10 minutes, also they checked that application form is the latest valid form. They also gave us a ticket with a number and barcode for biometrics. Don't lose it! You require this all the time.
I collected ticket only for me and told the security that I will collect the token for my wife after my application is approved. They were bit confused, but said OK !!

They called for my ticket at 9:35, we went to the counter and submitted our application to caseworker. I told her that I'm for ILR and my wife plans to apply for FLR once my application is approved. She said its fine and was very pleasant to us. She asked for application form, photos and passports and life in the UK test certificate. She went through passport checks and asked when the photos were taken as my hair was trimmed :). I had put my salary slips and bank statements within the original envelope itself, but she asked if I could put it out. She started to look for the absence dates using calculator and I put forward my covering letter which she liked a lot. She was very happy with the days out, salary and details mentioned in that letter. She said for photocopies of my document if available. I said I didn't have. She said its fine and need few more minutes to check on my passport and details. (She took the payslips, bank statements and LIUK originals and gave back only at the end along with the approval letter). She took the old biometric card for archive purposes.

I paid fees at around 10:00 and went to waiting room for my biometrics.
At around 10:40 I was called for biometrics and done in few minutes. After Biometrics, I went and asked for my Wife's FLR token. we waited for my wife's FLR counter and was called around 11:45.

This time it was another case worker. He asked us why we are applying FLR and I said she is not in the UK for 2 years. He asked for application form, photos and passports and UK NARIC letter. I had a problem with UK NARIC letter as it didn't come for more than around 3 weeks. I told that instead of UK NARIC i provided Tier1 calculator which showed that her University is recognised for English language Degree. He looked into it and then asked for Marriage Certificate. He took all the documents (including passport) and said everything looks fine. He asked me us to pay the amount and wait for biometrics and collect the documents in 2 hours. Biometric checks for my wife was started around 12:30. They asked passport of her, but she said its with the case worker. The biometric lady ran upstairs !! and came back in 10mins.. She said the passport was almost going to be taken out along with the application forms.. (So beware if the case worker takes the passport along with them. Ask for it)

overall the experience was very pleasant and the staff was very helpful. I called my home and said the happy news

Now waiting for my Wife's ILR later this year end.
Thanks again to this forum for all the help.
Last edited by sojan on Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sojan

My covering letter

Post by sojan » Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 am

Will post my covering letter after removing the personal details soon..

Last edited by sojan on Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and FLR for your wife and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience.

Good luck for your future.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 23, 2012 3:08 pm

congrats sojan,
could you shed some more light on the absences bit. like; how much checking they do, were your visits personl or official, what was on the letter you provided to them.
What sort of covering letter did you attach and what was the content of the letter in regards to the absences.
Any help will be great

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 23, 2012 3:10 pm

also, how many days were you over the 180 days?
do you know if the CW's in solihull was a senior caseworker or if he needed a senior caseworker to approve it..

sojan

Post by sojan » Wed May 23, 2012 3:33 pm

singhmohit wrote:also, how many days were you over the 180 days?
do you know if the CW's in solihull was a senior caseworker or if he needed a senior caseworker to approve it..
my ILR application was straight forward and absences was 171. So the CW was able to Ok it. I will put my covering letter once i reach my personal computer. cheers.

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Sojan,

congrats on your ILR and your wife's FLR visa.

You said you submitted Life in UK test result for your wife's FLR visa as well. Is the LIUK test mandatory for FLR applications, as I think its only required for ILR.

Pls shed some light on this...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 pm

sureshgarre wrote:Is the LIUK test mandatory for FLR applications,
Not required.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Ilr

Post by Infinite-leave » Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello,

Could yopu please answer my following queries. You menitoned you provided

- Self Assessment Points Calculator Printout. Any idead Where can i find it and is this mandatory?

Also is it possible for you to update us with your cover letter as you mentoined that the case worker really liked so i might use the same format.

Thanks in advance

sojan

Re: Ilr

Post by sojan » Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 am

Infinite-leave wrote:Hello,

Could yopu please answer my following queries. You menitoned you provided

- Self Assessment Points Calculator Printout. Any idead Where can i find it and is this mandatory?

Also is it possible for you to update us with your cover letter as you mentoined that the case worker really liked so i might use the same format.

Thanks in advance
PBC is required for ILR applications as I was Tier1. When you fill up SET(O) form it asks you.
PBC was used for FLR as my wife university was recognized for english language requirement

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am

Everyone, please post FLR(M) queries in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks Sojan,
The cover letter is very helpful
Mohit

sukesh
Newly Registered

Post by sukesh » Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks Sojan, for sharing your covering letter its quite helpful.

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Thu May 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Sojan,

Could you pls share the MS Word copy of the covering letter, if you dont mind.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 pm

there is no maintenance or english requirement on ILR then why you mentioned in Cover letter.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri May 25, 2012 7:06 am

fahadz1 wrote:there is no maintenance or english requirement on ILR then why you mentioned in Cover letter.
It was required in the Tier1 PBC calculator

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 am

But for tier 1, points based is only used to assess the point scored in first section, like age, income, blah blah. Not the english and maintenance.