ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Questions & Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssp1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (LR) Questions & Documents

Post by ssp1 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Hi,

new to this board but just have a few questions about SET (LR) and the required documents. I was born and grew up outside the UK and have been here on various visas - tier 4 visa, tier 2 visa and skilled worker visa for past 10 years. My spouse who I met and married outside the UK still lives overseas but plans to move here in the next 6 months. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1) For the question - "Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?" I put down family I have in my home country but do you have to write down if you have family in the UK as well?

2) For absences from the UK - on some trips outside I visited multiple countries in a single trip so would I just write down the main country and in the white space underneath specify which countries and how long I was in each of them? If I have visited more than 30 countries, is it ok to add them onto a separate piece of paper and upload at UKVCAS appointment?

3) For the criminal convictions section - is a penalty charge notice for council parking offences (parked on double yellow) something you have to declare?

4) For the section regarding 'Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?' - I put down yes as when I applied for my first Tier 4 student visa, I used an international GCSE in English to prove my English language skills. It asks for evidence provided and so I put down the Home Office Reference Number for that application - is that sufficient?

5) For the section 'Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?' - The question made mention if there are compelling circumstances like ill health or children here - both of which are not relevant for me. My reason for staying in the UK are fairly normal - I want to regularise my immigration status as I see the UK as my long-term home for the future as it is where all my friends are and where I am settled in terms of my job. I have left this question blank as I don't know if it wants more extenuating circumstances rather than general reasons for staying in the UK?

6) For the evidence section it asks for my previous passports, travel documents and identity cards that I have used to travel or to remain in the UK. I have my current and previous passports which I plan to scan and upload. I also have an identity card from my home country which I have mentioned in previous application forms under the national identity card section but I have never used this to travel to the UK. Would I still need to upload it? Also, with respect to the visa stamps in my passport - some countries have issued electronic passes via email and some have given me pieces of paper which was to be kept inside my passport, some of which I have now lost? Would this be an issue? Would they need to be uploaded too?

7) My wife lives overseas and she has visited the UK for tourist reasons but she has never lived here and we have never formally lived together yet but she is planning to shift to the UK in the latter half of 2024. For the section asking 'Document(s) showing wife immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette'. Is it sufficient to just upload my wife's current passport data page at the front? Would we need to scan her whole passport? (She has recently got a new passport)

8) It also asks for 'Proof of my relationship status as the married or civil partner of my wife'' and 'Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your wife (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years'. I have a marriage registration certificate in English which is the proof that we are married. Since we have not lived together yet, I do not have any correspondence of any kind which is addressed to both of us or individually at the same address. Will the marriage certificate be sufficient? Should I upload a short letter onto UKVCAS to explain why we don't have joint correspondence?

9) Should I also upload all my previous UK visas and BRPs in my application as well?

Apologies for the lengthy questions - just want to do this process right the first time. Would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone has.

ssp1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport Stamps for ILR

Post by ssp1 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:16 am

Applying for Set (LR) - quick questions about passport stamps

1) Noticed that on 3 occasions in the past 15 months - the Border Force officers never stamped my passport when I re-entered the UK. Will that be an issue?
2) When I previously applied for a Skilled Worker Visa - I submitted a 10 year travel history document and I forgot to put down I went on a holiday to Portugal. At that time my passport was scanned by UKVCAS with the Portugal stamps in my passport and my Skilled Worker Visa was issued soon after with no issue. Me missing it out was a genuine oversight.

I have now included it in the list of countries I've travelled too but face 2 issues. I went to Portugal on 3/6/19 and left on 9/6/19. My passport stamps leaving Portugal are showing 9/6/19 and so is my UK entry stamp. But for whatever unknown reason, the immigration office in Portugal put an entry stamp into my passport as 14/06/19?!! What do I do about this?? Should I upload a separate document stating that I genuinely forgot to include my trip to Portugal on my last application and that I've only now realised the stamp dates were wrong and upload my flight ticket to show the dates I left and entered the UK?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (LR) Questions & Documents

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:27 pm

ssp1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm
Hi,

new to this board but just have a few questions about SET (LR) and the required documents. I was born and grew up outside the UK and have been here on various visas - tier 4 visa, tier 2 visa and skilled worker visa for past 10 years. My spouse who I met and married outside the UK still lives overseas but plans to move here in the next 6 months. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1) For the question - "Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?" I put down family I have in my home country but do you have to write down if you have family in the UK as well?

2) For absences from the UK - on some trips outside I visited multiple countries in a single trip so would I just write down the main country and in the white space underneath specify which countries and how long I was in each of them? If I have visited more than 30 countries, is it ok to add them onto a separate piece of paper and upload at UKVCAS appointment?

3) For the criminal convictions section - is a penalty charge notice for council parking offences (parked on double yellow) something you have to declare?

4) For the section regarding 'Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?' - I put down yes as when I applied for my first Tier 4 student visa, I used an international GCSE in English to prove my English language skills. It asks for evidence provided and so I put down the Home Office Reference Number for that application - is that sufficient?

5) For the section 'Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?' - The question made mention if there are compelling circumstances like ill health or children here - both of which are not relevant for me. My reason for staying in the UK are fairly normal - I want to regularise my immigration status as I see the UK as my long-term home for the future as it is where all my friends are and where I am settled in terms of my job. I have left this question blank as I don't know if it wants more extenuating circumstances rather than general reasons for staying in the UK?

6) For the evidence section it asks for my previous passports, travel documents and identity cards that I have used to travel or to remain in the UK. I have my current and previous passports which I plan to scan and upload. I also have an identity card from my home country which I have mentioned in previous application forms under the national identity card section but I have never used this to travel to the UK. Would I still need to upload it? Also, with respect to the visa stamps in my passport - some countries have issued electronic passes via email and some have given me pieces of paper which was to be kept inside my passport, some of which I have now lost? Would this be an issue? Would they need to be uploaded too?

7) My wife lives overseas and she has visited the UK for tourist reasons but she has never lived here and we have never formally lived together yet but she is planning to shift to the UK in the latter half of 2024. For the section asking 'Document(s) showing wife immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette'. Is it sufficient to just upload my wife's current passport data page at the front? Would we need to scan her whole passport? (She has recently got a new passport)

8) It also asks for 'Proof of my relationship status as the married or civil partner of my wife'' and 'Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your wife (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years'. I have a marriage registration certificate in English which is the proof that we are married. Since we have not lived together yet, I do not have any correspondence of any kind which is addressed to both of us or individually at the same address. Will the marriage certificate be sufficient? Should I upload a short letter onto UKVCAS to explain why we don't have joint correspondence?

9) Should I also upload all my previous UK visas and BRPs in my application as well?

Apologies for the lengthy questions - just want to do this process right the first time. Would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone has.
1. Not important at all
2. Details of your travels are not relevant at all
3. No. PCN is not a criminal conviction. Ignore them
4. GSCE level English is NOT accepted. You need SELT at B1
5. You do NOT need any other reasons to stay in the UK. If you answer YES you get a request to submit documents which will confuse you.
6. ONLY your passports used in the last 10 years
7,8. You do NOT need to provide anything for your family at all. This is a known error on the SET(LR) form. Under the long residence, you apply on your own and you must qualify on your own. Your relationships/family do NOT matter
9 No, they have all your details
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Stamps for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:28 pm

ssp1 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:16 am
Applying for Set (LR) - quick questions about passport stamps

1) Noticed that on 3 occasions in the past 15 months - the Border Force officers never stamped my passport when I re-entered the UK. Will that be an issue?
2) When I previously applied for a Skilled Worker Visa - I submitted a 10 year travel history document and I forgot to put down I went on a holiday to Portugal. At that time my passport was scanned by UKVCAS with the Portugal stamps in my passport and my Skilled Worker Visa was issued soon after with no issue. Me missing it out was a genuine oversight.

I have now included it in the list of countries I've travelled too but face 2 issues. I went to Portugal on 3/6/19 and left on 9/6/19. My passport stamps leaving Portugal are showing 9/6/19 and so is my UK entry stamp. But for whatever unknown reason, the immigration office in Portugal put an entry stamp into my passport as 14/06/19?!! What do I do about this?? Should I upload a separate document stating that I genuinely forgot to include my trip to Portugal on my last application and that I've only now realised the stamp dates were wrong and upload my flight ticket to show the dates I left and entered the UK?

Thanks!
1. Not important
2. This is not relevant at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ssp1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set (LR) ILR - return old BRP?

Post by ssp1 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Applied for ILR on 10 year route using super priority route. After submitting documents on the Sunday, never heard anything from home office. But 4/5 days letter I received my new ILR BRP from Home Office.

2 questions:
1) it didn’t say on the piece of paper attached with the new ILR BRP that I have to return the old BRP? Is that the case now or should I still return the old one? What address do I send it to?
2) Normally when you are issued a new immigration status from the home office they send you an email/letter with the terms and conditions. Didn’t get it this time? How do I go about getting it? Or it doesn’t matter because it’s ILR?

Thanks for the help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set (LR) ILR - return old BRP?

Post by zimba » Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 pm

1. It is not that important
2. ILR has no conditions