ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

clarity needed on "Cannot use same funds for dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shals
Newly Registered

clarity needed on "Cannot use same funds for dependants

Post by shals » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier1 visa in August and am using a particular bank account to claim points for "Maintenance Funds" for the last 3 months (May, June & July).

If in November I apply Tier1 dependent visa for my dependants, Can I use the same bank account for August, September and October (ie. last 3 months from the date of application).

I am confused with this clause of "Cannot use same funds to claim points for Maintenance Funds while applying for dependents".

Can anybody please clarify with an easy example so that I can understand better the kind of limitations, which have been put by this clause and then work accordingly?

Many Thanks,
Shals

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 am

If your account has Maintenace Funds required for primary + dependents then you can use. Do not forget the plus (+) sign.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:42 am

Common sense says that, if you show GBP 100 as maintenance funds for you, then you cannot show the same GBP 100 for your dependents.

Same applies to dependents: if you show GBP 100 for your wife, you cannot show the same GBP 100 for your kid (if you have any).

E.g. Account A has balance GBP 2800. You apply for Tier 1 using this as your maintenance fund.
After 1 month your spouse applies for Tier 1 dependent. She cannot show the GBP 2800 in account A for her maintenance fund, she needs another funds for herself.

In short, you cannot reuse funds (shown for your application) for your dependents' maintenance funds.

shals
Newly Registered

Post by shals » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, but I am still not clear.

My case: I am applying in august just for myself and am showing Bank Account A for myself for May, June and July,

then later if I apply for my dependents in November, can I show the same bank account for my dependent for Aug, Sep and Oct?

Please note that the months are not overlapping.

Thanks,
Shals

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:39 am

You can show the same account, but not the same funds.

If you show 2800 GBP in may june and july in account A for yourself, and then show same 2800 GBP in aug, sep, oct in account A for your dependents, this would be equivalent to using deception, and would be easily caught. To be more specific, if you are showing account A in aug, sep oct for your dependents then this account will need balance of (2800 GBP + 1600 GBP * no. of dependents) in your account.

Also one more warning: dont try to juggle balances between accounts(e.g. transfer 2800 GBP shown for your maintenance from account A to account B, then wait for 3 months and and then your dependents show 2800 gbp in account B).

This will also be easily caught as deception (as if BHC is suspicious, they will ask to know source of funds) and you would be in big trouble.

My final advise is: apply for your dependents only when you have sufficient funds for yourself and your dependents. Any trickery will be easily caught.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:23 am

shals wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your replies, but I am still not clear.

Thanks,
Shals
What is still not clear? You need to take help of someone who is good at understanding statements written in english.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Let's see if the following helps you get clarity.

Assumptions
1. Let's assume your account has 3500 pounds on the day you apply for yourself in August.
2. Let's also assume here that you are not going to take out money from this account until after you have applied for your dependents.

How it works
Subject to your Tier 1 approval, consider your "effective" bank balance to come down to 700 pounds only (3500-2800) the day you get your Tier 1 endorsement in your passport. In reality your bank account still holds 3500 pounds, but effectively you are left with only 700 pounds because you have used/set aside 2800 pounds to maintain "yourself" (in future) in the UK and you cannot use this 2800 pounds to support a dependent application.

From a logical perspective (think of "effective balance" of 700 pounds) - you must deposit another 900 pounds (700+900=1600) for 1 dependent or another 2500 pounds (700+2500=3200) for 2 dependents in this account and you must ensure that you deposit 900/2500 pounds 3 months before you decide to apply for dependent(s).

From a factual perspective (think of "real balance" of 3500 pounds) - this bank account of yours should have a "real" balance of 4400 pounds (3500+900=4400) for 1 dependent or 6000 pounds (3500+2500=6000) for 2 dependents. Like above, these 900/2500 pounds must have been deposited 3 months before you apply for dependent(s).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tharro
Newly Registered

Confused with maintenance of fund for dependents

Post by tharro » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 am

Hi

Planning to process my Visa application in Aug 08. But bit confused with maintenance of fund for 3 months.

I have received my HSMP on April 5th. Since I was planning to move to UK first after few months take my dependents too. In this light I deposited only £2800 in my account for three months. I saw here in this link stating that "For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months," My HSMP approval letter will expire by October 5th, there is not enough time to deposit and get the three months statement now and apply together. What is the best way to process EC?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#4153211

Kindly answer my questions:

1. Is it possible to process my visa without dependents information, If I mention in the application do I need to show funds for them too?
2. If I process only mine now, Can I process Wife's and Child's visa after 4 months? I will be depositing 1600+1600=£3200 to personal account for their visa process.
3. what are the forms for Tier 1 general (VAf9 and Appendix 1?)

geriatrix

Re: Confused with maintenance of fund for dependents

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm

tharro wrote:1. Is it possible to process my visa without dependents information, If I mention in the application do I need to show funds for them too?
Check with local BHC / VAC directly if you can apply (for self only) with evidence of only 2800 pounds even though your dependents might join you in the UK within 12 months.
tharro wrote:2. If I process only mine now, Can I process Wife's and Child's visa after 4 months? I will be depositing 1600+1600=£3200 to personal account for their visa process.
Your dependents can apply whenever you/they want (subject to mandatory conditions being met).
tharro wrote: 3. what are the forms for Tier 1 general (VAf9 and Appendix 1?)
Read How to apply

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available regarding your doubts / concerns / queries. Will save you time.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 pm

I have not seen BHC rejecting application when primary is applying alone with GBP 2800. However, they (BHC) has right to reject any application, but they don't do. Hence, you should also go ahead and apply.

I believe UKBA should amend this misleading text because it will match with their practical implementation of guidelines and forms.

geriatrix

Re: Confused with maintenance of fund for dependents

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm

tharro wrote:For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months
I am also of the opinion that this condition is more of a "good to have" thing than a mandatory requirement. But since the guidance and forms specifically mention this requirement, I would recommend that you do not ignore it as something frivolous. Check with your local BHC / VAC, so that there is no doubt at all.

regards

tharro
Newly Registered

Post by tharro » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:48 am

Please share the email ID of BHC and VAC?

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:37 pm

tharro wrote:Please share the email ID of BHC and VAC?
If you are in India then use Search facility of this immigration board and you will find email IDs of most of the local BHC.