ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maheshms
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshms » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:49 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General from India and I have few questions on that,

1) I know that I have to consider 12 consecutive months from last 15 months to show my earning power. If I am applying on 15/October/2008, Should I INCLUDE/EXCLUDE (in the last 15 months list) the month (October 2008) in which I am aplying ? i.e, Can I show my earning power from 01/July/2007 to 30/June/2008 ? i.e, Can July 2007 be there in the last 15 months list if I am applying on 15/October/2008 ?

2) I was there in Uk for about 10 months as a work permit holder. During that time, I have received allowances from UK and India as well. Can I consider both to calculate points for earnings and the allowances from India for the rest of two months? In that case, How do I calculate it?

3) When we provide the bank statements to show the earnings, Should it be sealed by the bankers? I have the online bank statements for my UK salary and I may not be able to get it sealed as I am in India now.

4) I mentioned I have the UK salary for 10 months. My company paid me some advance (around 4000 GBP) and deducted 800 GBP on every month (for 5 months). Hence, The bank statement will reflect only the amount got credited and the pay slip will show the advance paid to me. Will this be a problem in calculating points for my earnings?

Could you please clarify the above queries at the earliest?

Many Thanks,
Mahesh.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:16 pm

a. 01/04/2007 - 30/06/2007 Wipro Technologies:
I was in UK during this period. Used to get UK salary and Indian salary Basic. I claimed points for Indian Basic salary with upliftment ratio.
Hi Kaushal,
I am also getting Basic Sal in India and US Sal for the past 1yr & above. I thought since I am present & earning in USA, I should be applying on Band A (with ulift ratio 1), not uplift ratio of 5.3 for Indian Salary. I am confused by seeing your claim that you applied with uplift ratio of 5.3 for your Indian Basic salary when you worked from UK. Could you please confirm if UK HO also considered this 5.3 uplift ratio for this period or you were eligible for 35 points even without this uplift ratio for this period.
Please clarify asap as I am about to apply Tier 1 this month end.
Thanks,
Mani
Best regards,
Mani

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 am

kandasamy wrote:Hi Kaushal,

Good morning.

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general application in mid of next month. When I checked in the BIA assessment I am qualifying with the points.
Maintenance fund
I am having one doubt with the maintenance fund. As I understood I want to show 2,800 pound for me as well as for my dependant it should be 1600 each. My son who is 3.5 years old now. For him also I need to show 1600 pound as maintenance fund. Please clarify this.
Earning points.
Out of 12 months I am in UK for 9 months. I am having my UK pay slip as well as my UK bank statement. 3 months I am having Indian salary and I am having Indian pay slip and bank statement for this period. For showing my earning power I am planning to submit the following documents.
1. UK play slip with seal and sign from my employer
2. UK bank statement
3. Indian Pay slip with sign and seal
4. Indian statement not original. ( I have request duplicate copies of the statement from the bank and I am submitting the same)
5. Form 16 for year 2007 -2008 and IT return
6. Salary certificate from employer.
Please clarify any additional document is required.
UK experience.
When I went through the BIA site, I came to know that I if my earning is more than 16000 pound I can get 5 points for it. I am eligible for getting this point. My question is any proof I need to submit for my UK experience.

Qualification.
I am B.E graduate from Bharathiyar University, Coimabatore. This institute is list down in the BIA tool. So should I go for a qualification assessment or not.
Please clarify above points. It can be really helpful for me.

Regards
Kandasamy
Hello,

1. For maintenence funds, I am single so I didnt check much on that. But as a general rule, if your dependant is travelling with you or will join u within a year, u need to show 1600 per dependant.

2. For earning proof, the first 4 iems are enough i.e. paslips and statements. dont submit form 16 and it returns. they will be of no use and will confuse the assessing officer.

3. For UK experience, no additional documents required. if u prove your uk salary and its above 16000, u got additional 5 points. just mention that in form.

4. as your institue is recognised by online tool, no need for any assessment. you are fine.

Regards,
Kaushal

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 am

mjmani wrote:
a. 01/04/2007 - 30/06/2007 Wipro Technologies:
I was in UK during this period. Used to get UK salary and Indian salary Basic. I claimed points for Indian Basic salary with upliftment ratio.
Hi Kaushal,
I am also getting Basic Sal in India and US Sal for the past 1yr & above. I thought since I am present & earning in USA, I should be applying on Band A (with ulift ratio 1), not uplift ratio of 5.3 for Indian Salary. I am confused by seeing your claim that you applied with uplift ratio of 5.3 for your Indian Basic salary when you worked from UK. Could you please confirm if UK HO also considered this 5.3 uplift ratio for this period or you were eligible for 35 points even without this uplift ratio for this period.
Please clarify asap as I am about to apply Tier 1 this month end.
Thanks,
Mani
Hi Mani,

your total earning = Indian salary + US salary
For Indian salary, the country of earning is india and not US. So you cn use upliftment ratio of band D for Indian salary and band A for US salary.

I have friends who were working in UK on per dium. They got full salary in India and allowance in UK. They got HSMP based on Indian salary with upliftment ratio of band D.

Hope this clears your doubt. You may get conflicting views on this point. It will be safe to consult BIA.

Regards,
Kaushal

kaushal316

Re: Regarding Hotel bookng .... Tier-1

Post by kaushal316 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:28 am

Satish_acc2006 wrote:Hi Kausha,

Could you please let me know that I have to show the
Hotel booking for 15 days or letter stating to accommodate yme while in the UK or address proof from person in UK accommodating me while submitting the applications for Tier-1...?

Thanks in advance.

Cheer's,
Satish.
Dear Satish,

No ccomodation proof required for tier 1.

Regards,
Kaushal

kaushal316

Re: Passport submission

Post by kaushal316 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:33 am

35kimmig wrote:Hi
I plan to submit my Tier 1 application in Mumbai shortly.
The VAF9 form mentions that the current passport needs to be submitted along with the application.

However, I will need to travel internationally post the submission. My query is whether I will be able to get my passport back upon submission of my application and if so, how can I do it.
you will get your passport only after your application is processed. i.e. approved or rejected. if approved, u will receive passport with visa stamped.

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:46 am

sach1636 wrote:experts \ friends,

I am working in UK and hold a valid WP. I am planning to apply for tier1 (general) visa.

I have two options.

1. apply from UK
2. apply from india (was planning to utilise my holidays :)...

Which one would you recommend?
application takes 4-5 weeks. ae you sure you have that many holidays?

apart from that, doesnt make any difference.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks Kaushal,
Which is the email to get clarifications from BIA? I tried wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, but got a response saying they will only respond to UK residents. There is no VFS in USA. UKBApublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk is one I am going to try today. I used Selff Assessment tool, but there the points will show depending on the country WE choose. It won't say if had chosen correctly or not. So it did not help me either.
Thank you for your email.
The UK Border Agency is only able to offer advice on questions relating to applications being submitted within the UK. To assist those applying from outside the UK, a series of websites have been created – links can be found here: http://www.vfsglobal.com/applyforvisa.html. Applications forms are available here - www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/.

Information on processing times may be available from the British diplomatic post to which the applicant is applying. Please be aware that processing times are likely vary to on a case by case basis.

A self-assessment tool can be found on our website, this can be found here - www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator.

I hope this is helpful,

Yours sincerely, ...
Best regards,
Mani

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 am

I sent email to them, let me see what they say. Meanwhile, I found this in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/
The country in which you have been working, rather than your nationality, determines the income bands against which we will assess the earnings.

Where you have earnings from more than one country, the points-based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made, to provide a total that is equivalent to the United Kingdom value of earnings.
That means if we work in UK for entire 12 months and get basic sal in India, then UK Sal + IND Sal * ExchRate. i.e. we can not use uplift ratio of 5.3. This is what I understand from the quote. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Btw, if we did not use uplift and if we are eligible for uplift, will they calculate as per uplift or they reject my application?
Best regards,
Mani

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:00 am

I had sent email to them, let me see what they say. Meanwhile, I found this in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /earnings/
The country in which you have been working, rather than your nationality, determines the income bands against which we will assess the earnings.

Where you have earnings from more than one country, the points-based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made, to provide a total that is equivalent to the United Kingdom value of earnings.
That means if we work in UK for entire 12 months and get basic sal in India, then UK Sal + IND Sal * ExchRate. i.e. we can not use uplift ratio of 5.3. This is what I understand from the quote. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Btw, if we did not use uplift and if we are eligible for uplift, will they calculate as per uplift or they reject my application?
Best regards,
Mani

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 pm

sorry abt the double post. there were server failures last night. I was not sure when I submitted first time since I got error, so resubmitted the post.
Best regards,
Mani

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:06 am

Here is the answer I received from UKBA for my queries. This clarifies the question on whether we can use uplift for Indian salary when we are not working in India. Answer is we can't.
Thank you for your email.

Each application we receive is assessed on its own merits by caseworkers who consider all the supporting evidence supplied. As such the Customer Contact Centre is unable to provide any pre-assessments of individual Tier 1 (General) applications and related criteria queries. The decision on whether certain documentation will be acceptable will only be made when the application is submitted.

We advise that applicants make full use of the guidance notes and other information available (e.g. websites) when addressing the questions on the application form in order to provide as much relevant information as they can. This will enable the assessment teams to make a prompt decision.

Further comprehensive details and guidance notes about the Tier 1 (General) category and Work Permits can be found on the Work Permits website - www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

In order to reflect differences in income levels across the world, the income level required to score points varies depending on where the applicant was working at the time the earnings were made. We use a series of uplift ratios to bring overseas salaries in line with their UK equivalents. The level of uplift received is dependent on the average level of income received in the country in which the earnings were made.

This calculation is made automatically using the Self-Assessment Tool available on our website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator. Please see Table 2A of Appendix A (Attributes) to the immigration rules for a list of countries and the appropriate conversion rate (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/), it can also be found on page 33 of the guidance notes.

The country in which the applicant has been working, rather than their nationality, determines the income bands against which the earnings will be assessed.

Please note: overseas income will not be uplifted for an extension application.

An assessment will be made of an applicant’s earnings.

For applicants in salaried employment the applicant’s gross salary before tax will be assessed. This includes self-employed applicants drawing a salary from their business. If the applicant’s earnings were generated in a country with no tax system, their total earnings for the period will be considered.

Where an applicant is self-employed and has chosen to retain their profits within the business, their earnings are limited to the share of the business’ net profits to which the applicant is entitled and can only be claimed if generated during the 12 month earnings period being claimed.

Earnings will not be taken into account if the applicant was in breach of the UK’s immigration laws at the time those earnings were made.

For example: Earnings made from UK employment will only be considered if the applicant had leave to enter or remain in the UK at the time they were earned, in a category which permitted them to take up that employment.

Earnings that will be included in the assessment

Previous earnings derived from:
· salaried employment; and/or
· self employed activities.

An applicant’s total earnings from several sources of work, including salaried employment and self-employed activities, can be included in the overall total earnings claimed.

Earnings do not have to have been with a single employer.

Earnings can be considered from full-time, part-time, temporary and short-term work.

Earnings may include, but are not limited to:
· Salaries (includes full-time, part-time, bonuses);
· Earnings derived through self-employment;
· Earnings derived through business activities;
· Statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
· Dividends from investments, where it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, where this constitutes part of the applicant’s business; and
· Payment in lieu of notice.

Unearned sources of income that will not be considered as previous earnings include:
· Allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) which are paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which the applicant is active in the day to day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part of their remuneration package;
· Property rental income, unless this constitutes part of the applicant’s business;
· Interest on savings;
· Funds received through inheritance;
· Monies paid to the applicant as a pension;
· Expenses where the payment constitutes a reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid;
· Statutory redundancy payment;
· Sponsorship for periods of study; or
· State benefits.

Allowances

Allowances (such as accommodation allowances, schooling allowances paid in respect of an applicant’ children) will only be included in the assessment of an applicant’s previous earnings where they form part of an applicant’s remuneration package and are not being paid as reimbursement for monies the applicant has previously outlaid.

Allowances will only be accepted as earnings where they have been declared in the applicant’s payslips.

Yours sincerely
XXXXXXXXXXX
Customer Service Advisor

Work Permits
Border and Immigration Agency
Home Office
P.O Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Tel: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: WPCustomers
Subject: Tier 1 General - Highly Skilled Migration

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly clarify my doubts regarding Previous Earnings.

1) If I work in UK with paid allowances and earn full salary in India, can I apply uplift ratio of 5.3 for the Indian Salary and total it with UK allowances?
2) I went to India to work from Indian office for a 2 month period. How will it impact Previous Earnings?
Best regards,
Mani

rvi
Newly Registered

Got it!

Post by rvi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi All,

I got my visa today... :D
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum!!

If anyone has any ideas about looking for IT jobs from India, kindly let me know...
Thanks!

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 am

Hi Guys,

I got my tier 1 general visa.

Do I need to do anything else, or can I simply buy ticket and go to UK.

Please let me know if I need to do anything else as well.

Thanks

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:04 am

nuthing else required, book your tickets and pack ur bags :D ..... happy journey... and all the best for job hunt...
tieronevisa wrote:Hi Guys,

I got my tier 1 general visa.

Do I need to do anything else, or can I simply buy ticket and go to UK.

Please let me know if I need to do anything else as well.

Thanks
Thanks & Best Regards

tulipz
Mood:

Got it :)

Post by tulipz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 am

Just got the visa stamped for 3 yrs

here are the timelines :
Applied: Aug1 from vfs hyderabad
Type: Tier1 general initial application
Integra: No idea
Recieved: 5 Sept

This forum has been really really helpful during the application process. Please feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to be of help

neeraj_chennai
Newly Registered

New applicatin in Aug, no status as of now

Post by neeraj_chennai » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi guys,

I had applied for Tier 1 (general) on 11th Aug at Mumbai. My company did received a call about a week later from Integra asking whether I am employed there or not. They didn't ask anything else.

No news as of now. Can anyone inform where to get status check from? VFS helpline is not much use as they keep saying "your papers were forwarded to BDHC on ..." Do inform any other way to know "real status".

Also, I haven't got a job offer but am hopeful to get one soon. Can I ask for UT? Can anyone send a format of UT letter?

Regards,
Neeraj

shiva_jaime
Newly Registered

Re: Got it :)

Post by shiva_jaime » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi,
I am also planning to apply Tier-1 this month at Chennai.

I have doubt on the list of documents to be submitted for Tier-1.

1. Do we need to show the accomodation details to BHC?
If yes, Its difficult for me to get somebody in UK to provide his/her accomodation details. Is it any other way to satisfy this requirement?

2. Do we need to carry only Demand Draft for 51K Rs. or paying cash also acceptable?

3. I have ITR-1 form for only 2 years. Is it highly mandatory to provide 3 years ITR-1 form?

4. Do we need to submit Integra form? Where to find integra form? Could you please send the link and guide me if any difficulty you might faced to fill Integra form?

Sorry for such long questions but wants to clear before stepping into BHC, chennai.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,
Siva

[quote="tulipz"]Just got the visa stamped for 3 yrs

here are the timelines :
Applied: Aug1 from vfs hyderabad
Type: Tier1 general initial application
Integra: No idea
Recieved: 5 Sept

This forum has been really really helpful during the application process. Please feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to be of help[/quote]

vp_lakshman
Newly Registered

Post by vp_lakshman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi

I got HSMP approval letter in March. Now I am planning to apply for EC.

But I stuck with "maintenance of funds" criteria

I have balance in bank, but during 3 month speriod I have debited some amount for one week and credited back again.

If I mentioned these details in covering letter, will they consider ?

Also If I show my fixed assest like plot/Flat with CA letter as proof of evidence, will they consider.

In application form they are aksing only bank account details.

Please help me...

I have only 3 days time to submit

dheeren
Newly Registered

Tier1 General Visa(Fresh) Approved.

Post by dheeren » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi All,

This is to share the good news that my Tier1 General Fresh visa has been granted, and the passport is on its way.

Details:

Applied on :23rd July,2008

Applied from: VFS Hyderabad

Visa Approved and dispatch date: 10th Sep,2008.

Lead Time: Exactly 7 weeks.

Regards,
Dheeren

vineet.b5

EARNING QUERY

Post by vineet.b5 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:47 am

Hello
I am applying for Tier-1... I have one query for the previous earning calculation?
Shall we consider EPF (PF) contribution in the gross salary. PF is reflecting in the Gross Salary. can we consider that part?

coolguyIndia

Re: EARNING QUERY

Post by coolguyIndia » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:03 am

Yes, Tier 1 guideline says gross salary before deductions would be considered for previous earnings calculations...

Regards
vineet.b5 wrote:Hello
I am applying for Tier-1... I have one query for the previous earning calculation?
Shall we consider EPF (PF) contribution in the gross salary. PF is reflecting in the Gross Salary. can we consider that part?
Thanks & Best Regards

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:49 am

Hi All,

I received my Tier1 General visa on 9/09/08.

Applied on: 7th August, 2008

Applied from: VFS New Delhi

Visa Approval date: 5th Sep,2008.

I wish best of luck to you all.

Cheers
:)

s_saini
India

Dear cskmail

Post by s_saini » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 am

Dear cskmail
Would you please guide me the documents sent in case of maintance funds. It would be apprisiated if you give full detail of your documents submitted with your application.

I am also going to apply from Delhi VFS.

Thx....

vineet.b5

Re: EARNING QUERY

Post by vineet.b5 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 am

Thanks for Replying my query.....
I was confused b/w maintenace funds and salary...
It means "Liquid fund" concept applies only to maintenace fund and not to salary. PF is not a liquid money.
coolguyIndia wrote:Yes, Tier 1 guideline says gross salary before deductions would be considered for previous earnings calculations...

Regards
vineet.b5 wrote:Hello