ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1/B2 and ESTA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xsdffd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

B1/B2 and ESTA

Post by xsdffd » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Hi all. I have an upcoming tourism and business trip to the US for which initially I was planning to go using by B1/B2 visa, however I just found out I was approved for citizenship that would make me eligible for ESTA.

Questions:

1. Am I eligible to apply for ESTA with my new citizenship if I already have B1/B2 on my first passport?
2. What is a better option travelling to the US border control wise, using B1/B2 with first passport or ESTA with the new one?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: B1/B2 and ESTA

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:33 am

The option is open to you. Existing B1/B2 still valid and usable. If you go for ESTA with new citizenship no issues. Either way is a win for you.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: B1/B2 and ESTA

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:31 am

To add to the above, The B1/B2 allows you stay in the USA for up to 180 days. Whilst the ESTA would allow you to stay for 90 days. The visa has already been paid for, you might as well use it. Provided you're travelling within the confines of it's validity.

Not entirely sure, but "I think" and don't quote me on this. I think that if you do apply for ESTA, your current visa would become invalid automatically.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!