ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Ireland Citizenship on behalf of minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Southernbird
Newly Registered
Spain

Application for Ireland Citizenship on behalf of minor

Post by Southernbird » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:55 am

Hi everyone, we got Irish citizenship via naturalisation and now we are starting the process for our child.
When looking at the form and info on website, it seems that only documents to produce are the school statement of attendance and the copy of the biometric passport page to be validated by a commissioner of oaths.

Is there anything else required (i.e. original birth certificate, letters from previous schools…) and if so, could you please share a link to the complete list of documents?

Thanks!

GTO
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Application for Ireland Citizenship on behalf of minor

Post by GTO » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 pm

While i don't have a link to the list at the moment, I had submitted certified Passport and Birth certificate copy, Certified Naturalization cert of mine, Utility bill, and School letter (covering last 3 years).

Southernbird
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Southernbird » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 pm

Thanks for the response, and were all of those required or did you just volunteer them because you had them?
Just thinking the birth certificate will require a trip home…

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:10 pm

Southernbird wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 pm
Thanks for the response, and were all of those required or did you just volunteer them because you had them?
Just thinking the birth certificate will require a trip home…
You will definitely provide your minor certified original birth certificate.

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm

I think @southernbird refers the list of documents you can find on online application form when you apply on behalf of a minor as a naturalized parent? Apparently, birth certificate is not one of them.

Application by a naturalised Irish parent on behalf of a minor
Criteria for applying as a minor:
• Under 18 yrs
• Meet the relevant conditions for residence.
• Have a naturalised parent
The following documentation must be provided with this application:
• A certified colour copy of the biometric page of your child’s current in date passport. The colour copy must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner or notary public.

• A certified copy of your naturalisation certificate or a certified colour copy of the biometric page of your current in date Irish passport.

• Original (not photocopies of) school letters from each school attended by your child for three years. The school letters must show enrolment dates, periods of attendance and the number of days attended in each school year.

o If your child has attended school for less than three years the following documents are acceptable
 A letter from the Creche/Playschool or Montessori can also be provided showing enrolment dates and periods of attendance
 A letter from the Department of Social Protection stating that you are receipt of child benefit for your child, and the date on which payment commenced
 A letter from your doctor stating that your child is registered with the practice, the date your child was first registered and the dates your child attended the surgery, including your child’s Patient Immunisation Record where applicable

• If your child is home schooled please provide a letter from Tusla Educational Support Service

• In rare circumstances where a minor cannot produce a current passport, or a previous passport, you should provide a sworn affidavit giving a full explanation. Such explanation should, where possible, be supported by satisfactory evidence of your attempts to obtain a passport from the relevant authorities and clearly stating the reasons the passport cannot be provided.

• A copy of the minor’s current Irish Residence Permit issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) or Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) as appropriate (if applicable).

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:48 am

lenduha wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm
I think @southernbird refers the list of documents you can find on online application form when you apply on behalf of a minor as a naturalized parent? Apparently, birth certificate is not one of them.

Application by a naturalised Irish parent on behalf of a minor
Criteria for applying as a minor:
• Under 18 yrs
• Meet the relevant conditions for residence.
• Have a naturalised parent
The following documentation must be provided with this application:
• A certified colour copy of the biometric page of your child’s current in date passport. The colour copy must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner or notary public.

• A certified copy of your naturalisation certificate or a certified colour copy of the biometric page of your current in date Irish passport.

• Original (not photocopies of) school letters from each school attended by your child for three years. The school letters must show enrolment dates, periods of attendance and the number of days attended in each school year.

o If your child has attended school for less than three years the following documents are acceptable
 A letter from the Creche/Playschool or Montessori can also be provided showing enrolment dates and periods of attendance
 A letter from the Department of Social Protection stating that you are receipt of child benefit for your child, and the date on which payment commenced
 A letter from your doctor stating that your child is registered with the practice, the date your child was first registered and the dates your child attended the surgery, including your child’s Patient Immunisation Record where applicable

• If your child is home schooled please provide a letter from Tusla Educational Support Service

• In rare circumstances where a minor cannot produce a current passport, or a previous passport, you should provide a sworn affidavit giving a full explanation. Such explanation should, where possible, be supported by satisfactory evidence of your attempts to obtain a passport from the relevant authorities and clearly stating the reasons the passport cannot be provided.

• A copy of the minor’s current Irish Residence Permit issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) or Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) as appropriate (if applicable).
If you check the "CHECKLIST" it clearly mentioned a photocopy of minor child's original Civil Birth Certificate that has been certified to be true copy.

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm

Can you share the link for this CHECKLIST, please? I found this FORM11https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... Oct-23.pdf on web and it's CHECKLIST really mentions the birth certificate, but during online application it does not mention it :roll: That part is confusing honestly.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:53 am

lenduha wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:18 pm
Can you share the link for this CHECKLIST, please? I found this FORM11https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... Oct-23.pdf on web and it's CHECKLIST really mentions the birth certificate, but during online application it does not mention it :roll: That part is confusing honestly.
The recent online application does not have CHECKLIST or mention Birth Certificate which only started recently but the old version does, However you cannot apply for citizenship without a birth certificate anywhere in the world. (I submitted birth certificate for my minor child even though she was born in Ireland)

Southernbird
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Southernbird » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:26 pm

Hi, I can now confirm that although birth certificate is not listed in the checklist that @Lenduha shared, when I tried to submit the online form with only certified copies of my child’s passport and my Irish citizenship certificate, and the school letter, an error message appeared and didn’t let me continue.
You need to upload “proof of relationship or family status”, which in practice is the birth certificate :roll:
They should update that checklist…

RiteshMital
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by RiteshMital » Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 pm

SO WHICH DOCUMENT GOES UNDER WHISH CATEGORY ???

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:25 pm

RiteshMital wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 pm
SO WHICH DOCUMENT GOES UNDER WHISH CATEGORY ???
passport copy (bio page) falls under "proof of identity"
Birth cert of child falls under "proof of relationship"
Parent's citizenship certificate or photo of irish passport falls under "proof of family member citizenship"
The rest (School letters, or GP or child benefit statement) fall under "proof of residency"