ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Visa appointment - Dublin

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raftery93
Newly Registered
Ireland

French Visa appointment - Dublin

Post by Raftery93 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience in getting a visa appointment with the French Embassy in Dublin?

Me (Irish citizen) & my wife (Indian citizen) have booked an upcoming trip in May to France.

We have gotten a French/Schengen visa before by contacting the French embassy, and this was through a lot of spamming by email! Previously, though, we were seeking an emergency appointment as the trip was less than 1 month away.

This time around, we are trying to get sorted well in advance. Unfortunately, we are having issues with trying to get a visa appointment through the online portal - it only ever states that there are "No appointments are available at the moment but slots will be posted online in the coming days."

We have been continuously checking over the past 2-3 weeks, but nothing ever shows up. We have also sent multiple emails, but have heard nothing back.

Does anyone have any experience with getting the Schengen visa through the French embassy via the online booking system, and any idea when new appointments become available?

sv23367

Re: French Visa appointment - Dublin

Post by sv23367 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:18 pm

Raftery93 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience in getting a visa appointment with the French Embassy in Dublin?

Me (Irish citizen) & my wife (Indian citizen) have booked an upcoming trip in May to France.

We have gotten a French/Schengen visa before by contacting the French embassy, and this was through a lot of spamming by email! Previously, though, we were seeking an emergency appointment as the trip was less than 1 month away.

This time around, we are trying to get sorted well in advance. Unfortunately, we are having issues with trying to get a visa appointment through the online portal - it only ever states that there are "No appointments are available at the moment but slots will be posted online in the coming days."

We have been continuously checking over the past 2-3 weeks, but nothing ever shows up. We have also sent multiple emails, but have heard nothing back.

Does anyone have any experience with getting the Schengen visa through the French embassy via the online booking system, and any idea when new appointments become available?
hello there,
Getting French Schengen visa appointment at Dublin is really tough. I have been trying to get an appointment since last year April. i hv to move the tickets twice as i could not get appointment for my family. in the mean time, i hv attended the ceremony in Dec. Still waiting for the naturalisation cert. i am hoping to request French embassy once i have my Irish passport. not sure if i can get the passport before April end? otherwise , i hv to spend again to move the ticket.

if you are looking for slots, they normally open around 7 pm Irish time. but i never got a slot even though i log in every 10 mts or 30 mts. its frustrating.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm

I got an appointment a few months ago via online system, nonEU.

French visa appointment are EXTREMELY sought for by nonEU nationals as France is generous.
I was very lucky to grab one back then (and got a visa for a year, which for me is a lot), but last I've heard now it's mostly bots/scripts; luck based with a very low chance if you're just clicking and hoping for the best.

Your best bet is to ask for an emergency appointment once 28 days before your trip are up. You should know the email by now.

Another option is going somewhere else (ie Netherlands) before your France trip to get a Dutch Schengen visa.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Raftery93
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raftery93 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:29 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:18 pm
Raftery93 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am
Hi All,

hello there,
Getting French Schengen visa appointment at Dublin is really tough. I have been trying to get an appointment since last year April. i hv to move the tickets twice as i could not get appointment for my family. in the mean time, i hv attended the ceremony in Dec. Still waiting for the naturalisation cert. i am hoping to request French embassy once i have my Irish passport. not sure if i can get the passport before April end? otherwise , i hv to spend again to move the ticket.

if you are looking for slots, they normally open around 7 pm Irish time. but i never got a slot even though i log in every 10 mts or 30 mts. its frustrating.
Thanks for your reply. We are also waiting for the citizenship approval - have just completed the eVetting stage.
Where did you find the information around the 7pm appointment release time?

Raftery93
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Raftery93 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:32 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm
I got an appointment a few months ago via online system, nonEU.

French visa appointment are EXTREMELY sought for by nonEU nationals as France is generous.
I was very lucky to grab one back then (and got a visa for a year, which for me is a lot), but last I've heard now it's mostly bots/scripts; luck based with a very low chance if you're just clicking and hoping for the best.

Your best bet is to ask for an emergency appointment once 28 days before your trip are up. You should know the email by now.

Another option is going somewhere else (ie Netherlands) before your France trip to get a Dutch Schengen visa.
It's absolutely crazy that it is this difficult to secure an appointment - takes the entire joy out of going on holidays!
How did you obtain the appointment? Luck by chance via the online portal?
Yes, will continue to spam them seeking an appointment, but have an uneasy feeling waiting until 28 days before flying out.
Unfortunately we cannot try another embassy, as flights and all are already booked.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:15 pm

Raftery93 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:32 pm
How did you obtain the appointment? Luck by chance via the online portal?
Basically yes; I guess it was easier back then. Not sure what's the situation now as I'm out of the equation for this (naturalized), but I've heard it's extremely hard.

I know it might be uneasy to just wait, but your spouse has you, a EU family member, so they should give you something once 28 dsy mark is hit, unlike the previous poster.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:19 pm

Raftery93 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:29 pm
Where did you find the information around the 7pm appointment release time?
i tried to check every 30 mts. at 7 pm , i can see new slots (dates appearing). but i could not go past the date screen

iceice855
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by iceice855 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:35 am

You can apply for Schengen visa through other EU countries, you just have to modify your journey in a way that makes it looks like your are travelling through multiple countries. I was able to secure a Schengen visa through Finland for my December travels to Spain and Norway.

chriswickstead
European Union

Post by chriswickstead » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:01 pm

This is why you can't get an appointment....

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2024/ ... a-brokers/

MylaHughes
- thin ice -
Mood:
United States of America

Post by MylaHughes » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am

The last time I applied for a Schengen visa through the French Embassy in Dublin, I faced a similar situation. Initially, I also received notifications that there were no interview slots available and I was quite concerned about this. However, a few days after this message appeared, I continued to check the online booking system, and finally found available interview slots. This may have been because someone changed their time or canceled an interview and slots became available.

Yusaa5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yusaa5 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:59 am

Hi,

Can I ask if you had any luck in the end?
I have a trip booked for the end of May and really worrying now.

scorp8898
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by scorp8898 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 pm

Hello,
I am in the same boat, around 30 days left for my trip :( any suggestions to secure an appointment? Thanks!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm

There's no magic way. You can try to send them an email explaining the situation, but they're not obliged to give you one.

My advice is to secure the appointment first, collect documentation later (although French appointments are a week ahead, so might be challenging to prepare, but there are other countries).

input-output
Armenia

Post by input-output » Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 pm

I think this may be helpful to spouses/family members of EU citizens if/when applying for French VISA in Ireland

If you are applying as an EU Family Member travelling in the next 20 days and haven’t managed to make an appointment online, please send an email to our visa section to get an appointment mentioning the following reference in the subject line of your e-mail: EU FAM / SURNAME Name / France-Visas reference (e.g. N°FRA1DB20230000000)

If on the day of your appointment we see that you are not applying as an EU Family Member or don’t fulfil the necessary conditions we will not take your application.

https://ie.ambafrance.org/Guidance-for- ... ngen-Visas