ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLANNING TO MOVE UK IN SEP FIRST WEEK, PLZ SUGGEST

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DreamOfUK
Newly Registered

PLANNING TO MOVE UK IN SEP FIRST WEEK, PLZ SUGGEST

Post by DreamOfUK » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 am

Hi Folks,

I have 4+ year of exp in Cognos. I am planning to move UK in SEP first week. Is this worthwhile decision :?:

Please suggest me....

Thanks for your time

Raju_Madishetti
Newly Registered

Re: PLANNING TO MOVE UK IN SEP FIRST WEEK, PLZ SUGGEST

Post by Raju_Madishetti » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 am

DreamOfUK wrote:Hi Folks,

I have 4+ year of exp in Cognos. I am planning to move UK in SEP first week. Is this worthwhile decision :?:

Please suggest me....

Thanks for your time
Hi DreamofUK,

I'm also planning to go UK in 1st week of September exactly on 2nd Sept. I think September would be right time to go there as we get 2 months of time to search for jobs before Xmas holidays starts on. Please do let me know your plans.

Regards,
Raju

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 am

Best of luck to you guys but a serious note of caution as well

Scenario before recession:
Hiring for permanent roles grinds down to almost ZERO from November onwards. Some companies take on temporary staff or contractors just to cover the XMas time which is Dec to mid Jan. Since most offices wind down during XMas, key managers go on holidays and avoid kicking off anything new, new openings are quite less

Scenario right now:
I am sure you would have read all the posts in this forum on the current market situation. Coming down in September and having just about 2 months to find a job in this market is quite risky. The market always picks up in Jan and Feb as companies plan yearly budgets and kick off new initiatives and projects hence creating a lot more openings.

Many members of this forum have been in the UK since the beginning of 2009 and are still unlucky owing mainly due to the market condition. Thats not to say everyone is unlucky and cant find a suitable role.

The stakes are higher this year and even more so for those who come closer to the year end and during the XMas period. If you have studied the market and weighed your options and plans then all the best. I am always confident that skilled people can make a breakthrough in this market and there is always a chance here

Once again, all the best to you guys and if you are successful then do update the forum as it would give a lot more hope to the rest of the gang out here

Cheers
KP

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Raju and DreamofUK

Enjoy being jobless buddies and eventually jobless beggars.

DreamOfUK
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by DreamOfUK » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:46 am

Hi KP,

Thank you very much for your suggestions, those will help for our future.

I am sure I will keep on update about the things which I am going to face in UK,

Thanks once again

DreamOfUK
Newly Registered

Re: PLANNING TO MOVE UK IN SEP FIRST WEEK, PLZ SUGGEST

Post by DreamOfUK » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:50 am

Hi Raju,

Please let me know your personal Mail id

Raju_Madishetti wrote:
DreamOfUK wrote:Hi Folks,

Please suggest me....

Thanks for your time
Hi DreamofUK,

I'm also planning to go UK in 1st week of September exactly on 2nd Sept. I think September would be right time to go there as we get 2 months of time to search for jobs before Xmas holidays starts on. Please do let me know your plans.

Regards,
Raju

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:28 pm

It's worth a try. Wish you good luck.

DreamOfUK
Newly Registered

Suggest me

Post by DreamOfUK » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi All,

I came to know that in UK, Cognos openings are very less (almost nothing) for past 6 months…Coming to UK with only Cognos experience is not a good choice.
Is that true?
If that is true can any one suggests what would the alternate technology.
I am planning to come UK in Sep First week.

Do I need to postpone my travel?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

sashi1979

Re: Suggest me

Post by sashi1979 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 am

DreamOfUK wrote:Hi All,

I came to know that in UK, Cognos openings are very less (almost nothing) for past 6 months…Coming to UK with only Cognos experience is not a good choice.
Is that true?
If that is true can any one suggests what would the alternate technology.
I am planning to come UK in Sep First week.

Do I need to postpone my travel?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance
I personally think this is not the time to go there. You might want to wait atleast 6-8 months. Atleast until May 2010. Cognos - how many positions are you finding in the market ?

Remember just because you can speak an alternative technology, it wont be so easy to find a job in current conditions. People can drill you out the moment they set you up on an alternative tool practical test unless you have real experience.

Dont think life is all rosy in the UK. If you have a job - be happy and stay with that than being without a job.

brendonn
Newly Registered

Post by brendonn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 am

It still amazes me that someone from elsewhere could think they can find a job with just 4+ years of cognos experience. I have been in the industry for the last 7+ years and have not come across a decent job which just wants cognos alone.

Mate, skill up yourself if you want a job. I do not foresee anything else other than you ending up in the streets unless if you are really serious about your career in the UK.

I did have a similar friend who had cognos, Oracle financials, and a bit of peoplesoft and had a torrid time and only recently found a 3 month contract with no assurance of extension. Poor bloke had put in 6 years with Alliance & Leicester in a similar role in the UK.

Thats life.