ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR with family at Croydon BUT after a drama!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farazfastian

Got ILR with family at Croydon BUT after a drama!

Post by farazfastian » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 pm

First of all thank you all for sharing your experiences this really helped me in handling the drama created by the UKBA staff at croydon.

My appointment was at 9:45am and i reached the PEO at 9:30. After a security check i was put in a documents check queue, the clerk at the window didn't ask much in fact she just took the application form, passports and the last 3 months payslips and returned everything to me with a ticket number. Then i made the payment on first floor and i was asked to wait on the same floor for my ticket number to be called. The case worker was already calling my number so i straight in to the business.

The case worker as expected got confused that my approval letter is after 3 April 2006 then i tried to explain her i initially applied in november 2005 and i got rejected and i was approved again after 3 months. She took my approval letter, rejection letter, 6x payslips, 6x bank statements, all p60s and the tenancy agreement. After an hour she called us again and told that everything is fine and i'll have the passports with me in half an hour time.

I got really excited until my ticked number was called separetely and she informed me that they've given me and my son the ILR but not to my wife as she's Tier-1 dependent and she must spend 2 years before applying for ILR. I got so annoyed with the whole sietuation, any way all i said to her is that i'm also on Tier-1 but due to JR my Tier-1 visa became void and all the old rules of HSMP applied on me and that's why you've given me the ILR then why my case is different? As expected she said ok let me ask this again. After few minutes she came back and said yes we're giving ILR to your wife as well and that's it :)

So moral of the story is don't rely on case workers in UKBA, if you think your case is valid then fight for it.

Regards
Faraz

Member of Standing

Re: Got ILR with family at Croydon BUT after a drama!

Post by 1664 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Drama drama drama

Tell me about it. Good Luck anyways mate.
Well worth it I'd say!