ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

zara5
Newly Registered

Post by zara5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 am

hi guys,

any idea how long caseworkers take to make a decision? And is it true if you call UKBA regularly it might effect the application and decision would be delayed?

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 am

zara5 wrote:hi guys, any idea how long caseworkers take to make a decision?
Only the caseworker knows.

Zara5 wrote:And is it true if you call UKBA regularly it might effect the application and decision would be delayed?
No one knows for definite but rumours say so.

Vladimirt
Newly Registered

Post by Vladimirt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Hello,

I'm one of those stuck waiting for the UKBA...

Submitted documents 13 of JANUARY
Acknowledgment letter received on 21 of January.
Nothing since then. All requested ended with the same answer - application is being processed and no additional documents have been requested.
I've applied as a dependant.

So it's almost six months and personally I'm quite upset with all this.

I'm planning to submit an official complaint on the date six month will expire.

yaksh0710
Newly Registered

Post by yaksh0710 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Finally Got It

Applied for ILR SET(Bus) Representative of Overseas Firm 5 years

Application Posted: 07/05/2010
Payment Taken on: 10/05/2010
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 17/05/2010 with Date on: 10/05/2010
ILR Stamped: 18/06/2010
Passport Received: 05/07/2010

terlen
Newly Registered

Re: 3 weeks since appliacation postet for ILR SET (0) 10 yea

Post by terlen » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:33 pm

bilalsco wrote:
terlen wrote:Yes mate, hopefuly, from what I have heard, the are some cases when people don't receieve these letters at all or if they do it might come any time 8 weeks, 15 weeks etc.
bilalsco wrote:
terlen wrote:Hi All, wish you all to get you application considered soonest with positive result.
My situation is following.
Entered UK 06 June 2000 - Student Visa
2007 Received Unmarried Partners Visa (Work Permit dependent) Student Visa was valid until 2008.
28 May 2010 Posted MY SET (O) under 10 years for ILR.
Cheque cashed on the 7th June 2010
Still no letter from UKBA received confirming my application received.
Please help.
Hello

I am in almost the same situation you're in. My SET(O) 10 years application was confirmed received on the 15th June 2010. The postal orders were cashed on the 17th June 2010.

I still haven't received my acknowledgement letter. Maybe we will get them within a few weeks
Hi Terlen

Did you get your acknowledgement letter yet? I am still waiting, 3rd week in now.

Please let me know. Thanks
Hi Bilalsco.
No, no letter 5 weeks now.

sohail1234
Newly Registered

14 weeks and nothing

Post by sohail1234 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi i applied on 18th March 2010

received letter confirming application has been received = 30th March

Payment taken out = 7th April

No information since, rang ukba on 6th July and they are still dealing with application

How long does it take and what has been the longest time people have had to wait?

terlen
Newly Registered

Re: 14 weeks and nothing

Post by terlen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:45 pm

sohail1234 wrote:Hi i applied on 18th March 2010

received letter confirming application has been received = 30th March

Payment taken out = 7th April

No information since, rang ukba on 6th July and they are still dealing with application

How long does it take and what has been the longest time people have had to wait?
Hi Sohail1234,
No one can give a definite answer on how long processing time may take. There are people waiting for more then 6 month there are people who received within 3-4 weeks ILR.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Vladimirt wrote:Hello,

Nothing since then. All requested ended with the same answer - application is being processed and no additional documents have been requested.

Any response. It is 6 months today?

Vladimirt
Newly Registered

Post by Vladimirt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

rashidawan wrote:
Vladimirt wrote:Hello,

Any response. It is 6 months today?
Well I called them yesterday and once again all they said that application is still being processed. Also they said something along the lines that they had some lay offs and have huge backlog of application to process.
Frankly having to wait for half a year without any requests for extra documents is outrageous, and any cut backs or lay offs shouldn't be used as an excuse for a really poor service.

lkpone

Change of personal details on ID Card waiting time?

Post by lkpone » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi

I hope I'm near enough on the right forum - I've just received my new SA passport in my married name and now need to apply for my new Foreign ID card to show my change of name.

I notice that pretty much the only option they give you is a postal option, which is fine, but I'll need my passport to travel at the end of August, so I just wanted to find out how long they take to process change of personal detail requests and send all documentation back - anybody had this experience and can advise?

Thanks!
Lindsay

moron
Newly Registered

ILR success - Set (0) Work permit holder

Post by moron » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:11 am

Got ILR stamped for my wife who is a work permit holder.

Application Posted: 15/06/2010
Payment Taken on: 16/06/2010
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 21/06/2010 with Date on: 16/06/2010
ILR Stamped: 06/07/2010
Passport Received: 12/07/2010

Total processing time: Less than 4 weeks.

Application was not so straight forward. Factors which made it iffy were:

1) Work permit transfer (change of employment): The work permit was transferred by new employer before the previous employment terminated, but there was a 56 days gap between the end of previous employment and beginning of new employment.

I decided to therefore not send all 5 P60s (+P45) for evidence of continuous employment. I instead sent all the work permits, all FLR extension letters, all employment contracts, work permit transfer letter and letter from 2nd employer regarding transfer date application. This is to ensure there was no confusion.

2) We had about 225 days out of the country on holiday. These were really all genuine holidays + one sabbatical of 56 days between the two jobs.

I listed all of them in an excel sheet. Things that might have made the case better was I tried to dig out the real reason for each holiday.

Most holidays were marked as trips during bank holidays, the 56 days holiday was just marked as a holiday to the home country, there was 3 week holiday when we got married (I attached the marriage certificate just in case), and a week of holiday where the wife went on international training as part of a 2 year part time course she was doing here (I attached the course's certificate).

3) For finance, I just sent last 6 months bank statements, pay slips and the last years P60.

Hope this helps.

HSMP?
Newly Registered

FLR- ILR

Post by HSMP? » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Submitted for FLR under HSMP JR ( 3 rd Extension), HO called and asked whether i want to be consider for ILR. I confirmed yes, but with a request consider ILR first if not as applied FLR. Got ILR in next 2 days.

But applied by middle of May, after 2 months called them expressed my concern, they took it as complaint. Rest all as mentioned above.

nobby
Newly Registered

hi everyone !!!

Post by nobby » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:06 pm

hi all, been sitting in the shadows watcing with eager anticipation the kind of time scales we are getting,, some as quick as 4 weeks some take 6 months or longer,, my wife applied for ilr visa set (m), back in march, recieved ack letter dated 31/03/10 and not heard a thing since, so wish i had paid the extra for the premium service, we plan to have holiday when the schools break up next week as she works for the school and can only take her holidays when the schools have theirs, the next chance for her to go visit familly would be the christmas holidays and i can not take hol;iday then... feeling pretty gutted this week is 17 weeks ,,, come on ukba make our week and land that visa on my mat as we have nearly 6 weeks holiday and want to get in the sun ...

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

6 Months

Post by wasimbari611 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:15 am

Hi guys!

Its is going to be 6 months after a week since I applied for Set(M) visa. Can anyone advise what steps should be taken now as I'm receiving the same answer from UKBA that my application is under process ?

Thnx

terlen
Newly Registered

Re: 6 Months

Post by terlen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

wasimbari611 wrote:Hi guys!

Its is going to be 6 months after a week since I applied for Set(M) visa. Can anyone advise what steps should be taken now as I'm receiving the same answer from UKBA that my application is under process ?

Thnx
Hello,
I sugest you contact your local MP and get him involved but not earlier then 6 month after UKBA received your documents. Aks him to contact UKBA on your behalf and find out why does it take so long. If you are not hapy with answer you will get after 28 days since your local MP contacted UKBA, there should be a complaints department within UKBA write to them.
I guess this is all you can do realy, unless you have solicitor then you should better ask him/her.

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

Post by wasimbari611 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks Terlen,

I'll definitely do that next week. But God knows what the hell is the problem with UKBA, people have to travel and do some other things in their life as well but they just make your life completely stagnant . Just because of that much delay my existing employer has halted my Job until I receive my passport back and I cannot apply for new job without passport as well.So I'm jobless at the moment.

I don't know how efficient local MP would be?

Does anybody have an experience in speaking with MP regarding contacting UKBA?If yes then what was the outcome?Please share your experience.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 pm

wasimbari611 wrote:Thanks Terlen,

I'll definitely do that next week. But God knows what the hell is the problem with UKBA, people have to travel and do some other things in their life as well but they just make your life completely stagnant . Just because of that much delay my existing employer has halted my Job until I receive my passport back and I cannot apply for new job without passport as well.So I'm jobless at the moment.

I don't know how efficient local MP would be?

Does anybody have an experience in speaking with MP regarding contacting UKBA?If yes then what was the outcome?Please share your experience.
First action you should take is send something in writing to UKBA, contact details for complaints can be found on their website.

Parliament summer recess starts 27th July and ends 6th September. Your MPs may not be around during this time (they could take the entire break or part of time)!! So you can either send the letter to the MP now or send your written complaint to UKBA, wait for month... if there is no response contact your MP who should be back from their summer break. Highly unlikely your MP will deal with your matter given there is only 5 working days left of their current "semester". Try it though as you could be lucky and have a MP who works during the recess.

EDIT: I've just check my MPs website as I too have found myself at the 6 month point. He is "closed" for the recess. This site helps you find your MP - details of their breaks should be on their personal website under contact details:

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

sticagus
Newly Registered

Post by sticagus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:28 am

My partner received her ILR yesterday after 6 weeks wait. ILR was stamped in Liverpool, but acknowledgement letter came from Croydon. Further details below:

Sticagus applied 07/06/2010, ILR stamped 13/07/2010, documents received back 20/07/2010 [9 year student + 1 year Tier 1 dependant]

As the other topic is still locked, thus I'm posting here - I have also sumbitted my application yesterday under 10 year category: applied 20/07/2010 [7 year student, 1 year WP, 2 Years Tier 1 (G)]

Hope this helps, Good luck all

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 pm

hi everyone 17 and a half weeks and still no sign, had a little bit of good news today, a friend of my wife applied for set M, one week before us and she got a letter today asking for more paper work, she not have enough pay slips from her husband and hadnt submitted thier sons birth certificate, so we are thinking time must be getting close for us,, fingers crossed it might just land on the mat in the next few days.

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

ILR applied need passports back

Post by santosh_kalluri » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Its 14 weeks today...

Called up UKBA to find out that the caseworker is sitting ducks...Has anyone tried sending a written letter or fax to caseworker? Any suggested formats pls?

I need my passports back in a month's time, can we collect the passports in person? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Santosh.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR applied need passports back

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 pm

santosh_kalluri wrote:can we collect the passports in person?
I don't think that's possible.

regards

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone!!

Just to let you know I finally received my ILR today!!! It was stamped only on the 20th of July at Sheffield!! Thanks for your support. Its unfortunate I couldn't post on the regular thread. Wishing everyone else the best of luck. Hopefully the other Jan applicants will start to hear back soon.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 pm

Updated timelines so far:

Application Posted: 03/04/2010
Payment Taken on: 06/04/2010
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 16/04/2010 with Date on: 06/04/2010

Received my passport back on 16/07/2010 asking to sign on the Main page as it was a new passport and my Signature was missing. I signed it and posted it back on the same day.

Wait start again:).

As suggested, waiting with Patience which I have plenty.

Thanks

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am

Received mine and my family passports back today with ILR stamps.

Updated timelines are:

Case: HSMP 1 yr + 4 Yrs + ILR(J)

Received my passport back on 16/07/2010 asking to sign on the Main page as it was a new passport and my Signature was missing. I signed it and posted it back on the same day.

Received passport on 23/07/2010 with Date of issue 13/07/2010.

Obviously it is a relief but a couple of comments.

1. I do not think it is worth it to submit your case by post regardless how strong or weak your case is. It is much less hassle to go yourself and pay some extra money to get the same day service.
2. Even though I was eligible for ILR in March 2010, I got my visa stamped on 13/07/2010 which means I have to wait 4 more months before applying for my passport. Is there any way I can get this back dated or is it the penalty of submitting my passport through post?

Good Luck to all!!

Thanks

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 pm

rashidawan wrote:Updated timelines so far:

Wait start again:).

As suggested, waiting with Patience which I have plenty.

Thanks
hi rashidawan, i know 2 people who have recieved a letter asking for more paperwork, wage slips and childs birth certificate, both recieved their respective visas within a week of sending on more documentation, so chin up , i think your close to recieving yours,,,, :D