ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence period for Set(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

immihelp
Newly Registered

Absence period for Set(M)

Post by immihelp » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 am

Hi, I have tried searching the forums and the home office website but have been unable to find a complete answer to how long it is possible to be absent from the UK in order to apply for the settlement of a spouse. According to the home office 'our application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.' I take from this that absences will count against you? What would be a safe period of absence over the two years?

Also, it goes on to say that 'time spent outside the UK does make a difference to applications for British citizenship... you must show that you have been living in the UK for the last three years (the 'residential qualifying period'), and that you have spent no more than 270 days outside the UK during those three years. Also, you must have spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the three-year period.'

So, to be clear, you must have spent no more than 90 days outside the uk in the last year, and no more than 270 days in the three years prior?

Thanks!!

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Absence period for Set(M)

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

Hi
Wi, I have tried searching the forums and the home office website but have been unable to find a complete answer to how long it is possible to be absent from the UK in order to apply for the settlement of a spouse.
There is no time life for oversea absences.But you should have solid reason for absence.
According to the home office 'our application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner traveled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.' I take from this that absences will count against you? What would be a safe period of absence over the two years?
This can count against you if you have no good reasons why you were absent from uk.
Also, it goes on to say that 'time spent outside the UK does make a difference to applications for British citizenship... you must show that you have been living in the UK for the last three years (the 'residential qualifying period'), and that you have spent no more than 270 days outside the UK during those three years. Also, you must have spent no more than 90 days
Yes for British citizenship there is a strike time limit.
So, to be clear, you must have spent no more than 90 days outside the uk in the last year, and no more than 270 days in the three years prior?
For British citizenship only.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 am

No comments. :mrgreen:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 pm

optimist_eternal wrote:
No comments. :mrgreen:
If you any advice pop on please.

I want to see what you have got.Still I am not clear why you are here.

To me you are nothing except a loud mouth. :twisted:

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:50 am

alikhan28 wrote:
If you any advice pop on please.
Another Pakinglish gem from our in-house comical Ali :wink:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:34 am

Another Pakinglish gem from our in-house comical Ali
You are dearly beloved as well.

What a wonderful contribution from you.

To my surprise you are not banned with all these comments.

I have a big question mark how this forum is managed.

Why people like you are allowed to comment here?

Where is forum Moderation now?

Ali

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am

Still I am not clear why you are here.
To my surprise you are not banned with all these comments.
Though I take on board your over-zealousness to 100% taking over moderating this forum but perhaps a good idea to leave some amount of moderating to the actual Moderators of this forum as well?
You are dearly beloved as well.
Aha, if nothing else works, play the dearly beloved card....

Well....you know what....this is your lucky day as:

1. I am also from an ethnic-minority community.
2. I have never made a personal comment on you but on the quality of your posts but right from your suggesting another member is on drugs to yesterday making abusive personal comments on me, you now want the Moderators to ban me? :D
3. Calling a person 'comical' is, according to you, the other person being a dearly beloved? Lahori logic at its finest....

[pop on, pop off, pop on, pop off.... (using Djinn technology)] :lol:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi
Aha, if nothing else works, play the dearly beloved card....
Read your this comment again and tell me you are not insulting thousand of Pakistani members on this forum.
Another Pakinglish gem from our in-house comical Ali
3. Calling a person 'comical' is, according to you, the other person being a dearly beloved? Lahori logic at its finest....
What is term lahori logic?

Now you are insulting Lahori People.

Better learn to behave yourself.

To be honest I dont bother to reply to dearly beloved People.

Ali

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Hyperventilating alikhan28 wrote:
Read your this comment again and tell me you are not insulting thousand of Pakistani members on this forum.
This is nothing but a blatant attempt of "rabble rousing" and "playing to the gallery" being indulged by you now. BTW, deliberate attempts to disturb the communal harmony (which are you attempting now by such statements) may get you on the wrong side of law and perhaps best avoidable....

So save your breath to cool your porridge and take a little breather also to reflect on your recent posts.
Better learn to behave yourself.
So now you have resorted to even openly threatening another member of this forum? :roll:

[pop on, pop off, pop on, pop off....'popping off' right now (using, once again, Djinn power)]
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 pm

No comments.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 am

alikhan28 wrote:
No comments.
So after openly threatening someone on the net, far from apologizing or being apologetic about your recent posts, you reply ‘no comment’ indicating you would still, perhaps, persist with your threatening behaviour?

General pattern, both at micro and macro level, observed after reading alikhan28 recent posts:

First abuse someone by referring to that person’s “personality and sick attitudeâ€

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Off-topic.

Both of you: please follow the Terms & Conditions. Cultivate Skillful Speech.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.