ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension : Previous Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension : Previous Earnings

Post by mahesh.lee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:56 am

Hi,

I have UK Tier 1 visa stamped on Oct- 2008 and valid till Oct 2011. I have
still not travelled on this visa and I am in US right now.
I am planning to be in UK in Jan 2011. So I will have only 10 months of UK
earnings while applying for extension.
so the question is

1. Is it mandatory to have all 12 salary slips earned in UK. Can I have 10
months of UK earnings and 2 months of earnings in USA(Dollars).

2. Is there a clause that minimum 16K earnings has to be in UK and rest can
be in overseas too. Is that correct?

Regards,
Mahesh

vks

Re: Tier1 Extension : Previous Earnings

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am

mahesh.lee wrote:Hi,

so the question is

You can have 10 months UK earnings only for extension

Where did you learn this?

Regards,
Mahesh
Regards,
vks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 pm

That clause is to get 5 points for UK experience and that will be changing to 25K from 6th April.

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:53 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
That clause is to get 5 points for UK experience and that will be changing to 25K from 6th April.
Thanks guys. But in my case i should get 5 points under UK experience for 16K itself( 25k not req) as i have Tier1 before April 6 2010.. Right?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 pm

mahesh.lee wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Thanks guys. But in my case i should get 5 points under UK experience for 16K itself( 25k not req) as i have Tier1 before April 6 2010.. Right?

Yes

chinchu
Newly Registered

Post by chinchu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 am

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

If your Tier 1 visa was approved in 2008 ad you have still not travelled to the UK then your UK Tier 1 visa should be void by now. As per the rules you cannot stay outside the UK for more than 90 days in a year. You may want to check on this

chinchu
Newly Registered

Post by chinchu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 am

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

If your Tier 1 visa was approved in 2008 ad you have still not travelled to the UK then your UK Tier 1 visa should be void by now. As per the rules you cannot stay outside the UK for more than 90 days in a year. You may want to check on this

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:06 am

chinchu wrote:

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

are you sure on this? Experts can someone please confirm??

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 am

chinchu wrote:

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

There is no rule that if you stay outside UK for more than 90 days, your visa will be void.

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:54 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
chinchu wrote:

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

There is no rule that if you stay outside UK for more than 90 days, your visa will be void.

thanks Aruni. Well the link below confirms my initial doubt reg overseas earnings for Extension.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... nce.pdfsee page 24.Points 133-134.

Only thing to consider is we can't use muliplier factor for the overseas earnings in case of Extensions.

It also doesnt mention anything that ..out of the 12 salary slips,atleast a minimum number has to be earned in UK. So I think even with 9 US salary slips and 3 from UK, i should be good. Any thoughts??

i dont think i will be in the above situation where I have more Overseas earnings than UK one. But i just want to ensure i am covered for extension in the worst case if i am not able to make to UK until next year.

Thanks,
Mahesh

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am

mahesh.lee wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
chinchu wrote:

so the question is

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh,

thanks Aruni. Well the link below confirms my initial doubt reg overseas earnings for Extension.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... nce.pdfsee page 24.Points 133-134.

Only thing to consider is we can't use muliplier factor for the overseas earnings in case of Extensions.

It also doesnt mention anything that ..out of the 12 salary slips,atleast a minimum number has to be earned in UK. So I think even with 9 US salary slips and 3 from UK, i should be good. Any thoughts??

i dont think i will be in the above situation where I have more Overseas earnings than UK one. But i just want to ensure i am covered for extension in the worst case if i am not able to make to UK until next year.

Thanks,
Mahesh

let me rephrase my question

Can an applicant's previous earnings be considered for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application if they have ALL been from an overseas source ONLY?
i.e. all previous earnings (12 month period out of last 15 months) from overseas, not from UK? Is there any mandatory requirement that at least some component of previous earnings to be made in UK for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application?

I do NOT wish claim 5 available points for UK experience.

Can an applicant's previous earnings be considered for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application without any UK component?

vks

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 am

134. We will not make any uplift calculations on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above.
Tier 1 General Guidance

The country in which you work is considered than the country that the salary is deposited. I understand where you come from. Are you planning to use the uplift ratio for your Indian earnings, while you worked in the UK? or You are planning to hide the UK visit and say that you have been workiing in your home country? The second one is a dangerous ploy!
Regards,
vks

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 am

vks wrote:
134. We will not make any uplift calculations on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above.
Tier 1 General Guidance

The country in which you work is considered than the country that the salary is deposited. I understand where you come from. Are you planning to use the uplift ratio for your Indian earnings, while you worked in the UK? or You are planning to hide the UK visit and say that you have been workiing in your home country? The second one is a dangerous ploy!
hey vks ..i think you got my question wrong..i am not planning to use any uplift ratio ..i am currently in US. i want to know I can come to UK just before my tier1 expires and apply for extension by showing the overseas earnings and no UK component.

i understand i wont get any UK experirence points and wont be able to use any uplift ratio to claim points..

-Mahesh

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:03 am

this maybe irrelevant/half-truth but.....

my understanding was that to gain earnings point, applicant must show that they have earned enough money in last 12 consecutive months period.

If you earn 25 k pounds in last 6 consecutive months (out of 12) then those 6 salary slips will get you earning points. You dont need to show all salary slips for 12 months...

Hope you see my point

regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am

Hi
I am trying to find out the same thing as i want to claim for 12 months pay from Australian ONLy for my extension

***et me rephrase my question

Can an applicant's previous earnings be considered for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application if they have ALL been from an overseas source ONLY?
i.e. all previous earnings (12 month period out of last 15 months) from overseas, not from UK? Is there any mandatory requirement that at least some component of previous earnings to be made in UK for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application?

Can an applicant's previous earnings be considered for a Tier 1 (General) EXTENSION application without any UK component?

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 am

JESSIES wrote:Hi
I am trying to find out the same thing as i want to claim for 12 months pay from Australian ONLy for my extension

***et me rephrase my question

Para 133 and 134 of the Tier 1 General Guidance form explains your question. But not in full. This is grey area and has to be confirmed from UKBA
Regards,
vks

main_2
Newly Registered

Tier1 ext. earnings overseas while living out of UK?

Post by main_2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 am

Hi all,
I am almost in the same position with mahesh.lee who initiated this topic.
My Tier1 is valid from December 23rd 2008 until December 23rd 2011.
I am living and working in Germany since I received my Tier1.
I will move and start working in a UK based company as of April. By the time I apply for extension at the beginning of December 2011, I will have worked for 8 months in UK.
Do you think I can use the earnings I received while I was in Germany for claiming points? (first 4 month in this case)
Or is there a rule (that I can not read anywhere) that these earnings should have been received while living in UK?
The thread ended up with uncertain statements but maybe someone had similiar expereince with extensions after that.
One last question;

Code: Select all

This is grey area and has to be confirmed from UKBA
How to check with UKBA? Can anyone guide me how to direct this specific question to UKBA if it can not be clarified here.

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm

any thoughts on this please?

mahesh.lee
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh.lee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I think it should be fine. If you use the Points based calculator, with option as extension of Stay, It does give the option to use the overseas earnings.

Points to consider though is we cant use uplift factor and ofcourse need of multiple extensions for ILR.

Even I am in the same boat with visa valid until Oct 2011. For now , my plan is to keep the signed payslips/bank statements ready which gives me enough earnings to extend and then come over to UK before extension.

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 pm

mahesh.lee,
I hope you're right. however there are strong arguments against this optimistic opinion of yours on some forums.
anybody who applied in the same situation, please give us feedback on this.
cheers

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 pm

okay. just in case if this helps someone.
I extended my visa using earnings all of it outside UK. I had PEO booking on 12th sept and arrived UK on the 11th. This was my first entry to UK after I received the EC in 2008.
The caseworker was able to get to the result in about 2-3 hrs and i received the passport on the same day. The biometric card reached me in 3 working days.
Both the bank and my company also has branches in UK. Maybe that helped in reaching the decision on the same day. But I am not aware what kind of verification was done if any.
There were few eyebrows raised at the Port of entry questioning my purpose to come to UK with only a month left on the visa. But it was not that bad as i expected it to be.
The PEO experience was similar to any other applicant applying for PEO.

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

this was a valuable input. thanks for letting us know.
tier1extend wrote:okay. just in case if this helps someone.
I extended my visa using earnings all of it outside UK. I had PEO booking on 12th sept and arrived UK on the 11th. This was my first entry to UK after I received the EC in 2008.
The caseworker was able to get to the result in about 2-3 hrs and i received the passport on the same day. The biometric card reached me in 3 working days.
Both the bank and my company also has branches in UK. Maybe that helped in reaching the decision on the same day. But I am not aware what kind of verification was done if any.
There were few eyebrows raised at the Port of entry questioning my purpose to come to UK with only a month left on the visa. But it was not that bad as i expected it to be.

d1o

Post by d1o » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Interesting post because PEOs aren't available for extension applications with any element of foreign earnings. This is clearly stated on UKBA website in the "How to Apply" section

zcbmm
Newly Registered

Post by zcbmm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

d1o wrote:
Interesting post because PEOs aren't available for extension applications with any element of foreign earnings. This is clearly stated on UKBA website in the "How to Apply" section
I cant find anything related to PEO cant deal with foreign earning element. Can you post the UKBA link of where you see that.