ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW on ACCA

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shez1330

PSW on ACCA

Post by shez1330 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi All

Please help me on this .. I m acca student and have finished all my F papers is it possible to apply PSW on that .....

Regards
Shez

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 pm

can anyone please help on this
Shez

bartsimpsy
Newly Registered

Post by bartsimpsy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Yes you can.

Contact UK NARIC and get them to confirm that ACCA F1-F9 is degree level. You need to pay them for this. You can google them.

Once you've got the letter confirming that ACCA F1-F9 is degree level, you need to ensure all other documents such as bank statements and etc are in order.

You can then submit your PSW application!

Good Luck and get in quick!

saraa
Newly Registered

Post by saraa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 pm

I am in the same position as i have passed 9 papers and want to apply for PSW. but one of my relative told me that his friend appeal on PSW has been rejected as well on Acca part 2 qualification.he got the equivalency letter.

bartsimpsy
Newly Registered

Post by bartsimpsy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 pm

saraa wrote:I am in the same position as i have passed 9 papers and want to apply for PSW. but one of my relative told me that his friend appeal on PSW has been rejected as well on Acca part 2 qualification.he got the equivalency letter.
A refusal may be for a variety of reasons. It is better for you to confirm first hand that the refusal was 'due to the ACCA equivalency letter.' I doubt this may be the reason why it was refused as I personally know a friend who applied using ACCA F1-F9 and he was successful.

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 pm

thanks see what happens with this new rules for PSW
Shez

silverline

Post by silverline » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 pm

shez1330 wrote:thanks see what happens with this new rules for PSW
No more PSW after April 10.

taha81

Post by taha81 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am

silverline wrote:
UKBA are still giving PSW if you fulfill their requirements. How can you say 'No more PSW after April 10' ???

silverline

Post by silverline » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm

taha81 wrote:
silverline wrote:
UKBA are still giving PSW if you fulfill their requirements. How can you say 'No more PSW after April 10' ???
Appologies - that's April "11" not April "10"

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

taha81 wrote:
silverline wrote:
No decision has been made yet... or he knows more than we do??

silverline

Post by silverline » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:39 pm

fibreman wrote:
taha81 wrote:
silverline wrote:
No decision has been made yet... or he knows more than we do??
It's not about knowing more than what's in public domain. please have a look at below.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-12- ... ements.htm

"No more PSW after April 11" is what i strongly expect to happen.

One can take the privilage to expect PSW after Aprill 11 but that must be a far fetched idea IMHO.

Most likely PSW is going to be scrapped.

If Home Office scrap the PSW before completion of 2010-11 term without offering transitional arrangment to current students to get PSW then students might be able to challenge their education provider/Universities and seek at least fee refunds if they prove that education provider through their advert, brochers etc created valid expecation of PSW following successful completion of studies.

Current students should build up pressure on their education providers as well as take part in cosultation process to win transitional arrangement for current students. It has happened in the past.

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

I dont know What to say ...I ll be qualified soon and i was relying on PSW When they will be making an announcement about PSW
Shez

vdelta
Newly Registered

saraa

Post by vdelta » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 am

Hi Saraa,

did u manage to find out what was the reason for refusal of your friends appeal. I am in the same position and was wondering if you can provide me with an update.

Regards

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:07 am

If someone passed F papers he can get OB degree and then apply for PSW. What abt fully qualified ACCA ? I am left with 1 paper, anybody has idea I am eligible for PSW or not, I mean on completion of ACCA ?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am

stevenage wrote:If someone passed F papers he can get OB degree and then apply for PSW. What abt fully qualified ACCA ? I am left with 1 paper, anybody has idea I am eligible for PSW or not, I mean on completion of ACCA ?
I don't think that ACCA is considered to be a masters or bachelors degree therefore you can't use it to apply for PSW. I stand to be corrected however.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:50 am

I agree, one cannot apply for PSW on ACCA as its professional qualification (ridiculous). There are many universities and colleges offering top up master degrees for ACCA affiliates, but I am afraid PSW would be abolished by that time.

shahzadlahori
Newly Registered

Psw on Acca completed

Post by shahzadlahori » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm

As above mentioned that you can apply for psw after getting equivalence from Uk naric on part 2 completion certificate. and one user also mentioned that Acca is not equal to degree level hence cannot aply psw.these are 2 different point of views.

Mention the right way of applying psw on completion of Acca while having student visa, mean we have the visa for longer period but we have completed Acca earlier ,whether we can apply for psw before our student visa expires.
Answer the querry keeping the reference of news that psw will be finished,so how will it affect the Acca affillates aftr April 11.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Dear Buddy...
I have will be acca part qualified by next semester...
Anyone knows how long UK NARIC usually take to send you equavalency letter....and also will i get PSW on the basis of ACCA fun level...and one ,ore thing i am studying lsbf manchester one of my friend tried to get letter from them but they refused to give letter for psw because they says they does not support tht....please help

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

best is to get OBU in order to get psw

BukhariChambers
Newly Registered

Good News of ACCA Graduates!!

Post by BukhariChambers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm

09-01-02012

GOOD NEWS FOR ACCA GRADUATES - BUKHARI CHAMBERS
Today, the Upper-tier Tribunal at Bradford IAC heard a case of the eligibility of ACCA graduates for PSW/Tier1 as degree holding graduates. The Immigration Judges determined the case in favour of the ACCA graduate appellant who is represented by Bukhari Chambers.
This is an important case for the ACCA students awaiting confirmation that they can apply for Tier 1 (PSW) on the basis of their ACCA qualification as an equivalent to a UK Bachelors/Masters degree.
This case makes it clear that even where a formal Degree has not been granted a qualification (ACCA in this case) may still qualify for points as in the past.

Further details coming soon!

Bukhari Chambers
Neptune House
2a Alexandra Grove
Finchley
N12 8NU
0208 446 5498

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Good News of ACCA Graduates!!

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I so hope the SoS appeals. Anyway, we know the arguments, but I take it this will be an unreported determination.
BukhariChambers wrote:09-01-02012

GOOD NEWS FOR ACCA GRADUATES - BUKHARI CHAMBERS
Today, the Upper-tier Tribunal at Bradford IAC heard a case of the eligibility of ACCA graduates for PSW/Tier1 as degree holding graduates. The Immigration Judges determined the case in favour of the ACCA graduate appellant who is represented by Bukhari Chambers.
This is an important case for the ACCA students awaiting confirmation that they can apply for Tier 1 (PSW) on the basis of their ACCA qualification as an equivalent to a UK Bachelors/Masters degree.
This case makes it clear that even where a formal Degree has not been granted a qualification (ACCA in this case) may still qualify for points as in the past.

Further details coming soon!

Bukhari Chambers
Neptune House
2a Alexandra Grove
Finchley
N12 8NU
0208 446 5498

waqasmir
Newly Registered

Re: PSW on ACCA

Post by waqasmir » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Hello Everyone

Hope you guys are doing well.

The situation has been tough for all of us here, but we still havent given up. For anyone who is not aware of what situation we are in regards to PSW, I would like to tell you that on the 28th and 29th of January 2014 there is a very important case being heard in the Court of Appeal and that decision will benefit all of them who applied PSW based on ACCA fundamentals.

I dont know how many in total are in this situation. We are a group of around 30 people going for the hearing but I am sure there are more students out there who applied PSW based on ACCA fundamentals. For anyone who didnt know about this hearing I would like to ask them to come for the hearing on the 28th of January 2014 which is a Tuesday.

Not only the students who applied PSW based on ACCA can come, but if anyone is free that day can come as we need the court room fully packed. I will be much appreciated.The more the merrier.

Please do not hesitate to message me if anyone needs any assistance in finding about anything.

Everyone make this your first priority as it is for our betterment. I have taken a day off from work which was not easy but I managed. So everyone come on the 28th and 29th of January at 9:30 am outside Royal Court of Justice, nearest station is Holborn and from there it is around 10 mins walk.

There might be students from other parts of UK. For you guys I would personally ask if you guys can please make it.

Stay positive and the decision will be in our favour.

Thanks