ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for baby.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rmansuri

OCI for baby.

Post by rmansuri » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:55 am

Hello there,

Firstly let me tell this website so helpful for me as Immigration agent for me and dont have to pay any fee. :wink: Thank you very much for your services.

I am having ILR since last august. My baby born two week ago and I am due to do birth registration. I need to know one thing. Should I apply for British passport and then apply OCI? Is it possible to get OCI via this route ?

Or

Apply for Indian passport and then surrender passport and then get British passport and then OCI ? If I go via this do baby need to get Visa on Indian passport?

please reply for route me to any link which would be helpful?

Regards,

rmansuri

Re: OCI for baby.

Post by rmansuri » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Any thought on this
rmansuri wrote:Hello there,

Firstly let me tell this website so helpful for me as Immigration agent for me and dont have to pay any fee. :wink: Thank you very much for your services.

I am having ILR since last august. My baby born two week ago and I am due to do birth registration. I need to know one thing. Should I apply for British passport and then apply OCI? Is it possible to get OCI via this route ?

Or

Apply for Indian passport and then surrender passport and then get British passport and then OCI ? If I go via this do baby need to get Visa on Indian passport?

Regards,

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 am

you might want to post this in the correct forum..

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:27 pm

I would say just apply for the british passport for the baby and apply for OCI when you are applying for yours after you get the british passport if you do not have any travel palns to India before that. As you cannot apply for OCI for a child when the parents do not have any OCI. The british passport for the child should not take more than a month as per the experience of the people on this forum.

Or if you are planning to travel to India, I would still get the british passport and then apply for tourist VISA for the child.
I would not waste money and time on the Indian passport and then an ILR for the baby even if you are planning to travel to India.

These are just my thoughts formed by reading this forum. The experts on the forum will guide.

Or

Regards,

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 pm

this is personal opinion

it is good to have indian passport. no need to take visa on indian passport for baby. apply baby's citizen at same time or after with yours. I understand that baby's passport need to surrender and one can get passport back with revoked stamp. for future reference OCI etc, baby held indian passport.

I have had similar situation, we took indian passport for baby and in next 15 days we are appearing for ILR in person. we are taking baby's ILR as well because we need to travel in feb 2012. but in your case it may not require.

Thanks,
KKumar

push

Post by push » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Or

Regards,
You cant apply for your baby's OCI untill you are eligible for OCI which you clearly arent. I am moving this post to the relevant forum.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rmansuri

Post by rmansuri » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for reply and moving post to relevant thread. I agreed that I cant apply baby OCI until I will get which likely end of this year (2012).

What I was confused about, is it hard to get OCI via british passport? if not what documents roughly needed for it.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Please see link which gives all this information

http://hcilondon.in/oci.php