ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

petitions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Punjab
BANNED

petitions

Post by Punjab » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 am

Guys I was just thinking that I am fed up from this thing that everytime genuine people like me with eea/eu partners and having residence documentation/permanent residence need visa to go to EU/Schengen countries paying money and everytime you are with your partner you have to proove to the airline people that you DON’T need the visa in this case.

I belive that guys like us should be given equal rights of free movement like EU/EEA people. We should be allowed to enter in these countries up to 90 days of stay without any visa traveling with or without or join or not to join our eu/eea family members.

How can we make this happen? How can we start this petition?

Thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 am

I once lodged a >>petition<< with the parliament.

Although I made >>quite a fuss<< about it in this forum, the petition received 3 (three!) supporting signatures.

The reply from the parliament was along the lines of "we know all of these problems and are working on a solution already anyway, what the hell do YOU want?" (OK, they put it more politely, but that´s still the essence, and that was in 2008 :!:).

By now I´m convinced that exactly this inflexibility of the European Union to properly organise anything will bring it to its knees. Important changes (for example around the €uro) are not made, because the right hand doesn´t know what the left does, and because everyone thinks that someone else will do it.

The €uro is doomed, and if they don´t organise the downfall of the €uro in a proper manner (which I´m sure they won´t) the EU as such is doomed as well (At least I think so). See also >>George Soros´ interview in forbes<<.

So if you do write a petition, let me know. You´ll have one signature from me, if this is some motivation ;)

Rgds, Christian

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am

Many Thanks Christian for your reply and support

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am

petition sent to European Parliament. Let's see what will happen

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 am

Punjab wrote:petition sent to European Parliament. Let's see what will happen
You sent a petition?

Can you post it here? Can you give us the address/reference# to support it?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

Hiya mate

I used

https://www.secure.europarl.europa.eu/a ... ition.html

and then submit

i don't knwo where to look they have published my petion

nformation concerning the petition
If the Committee on Petitions declares your petition admissible, do you agree to its being considered in public? YES
Do you consent to your name being recorded on a public register, accessible through Internet? YES

Title of your petition: Free movement for the family members of EU/EEA members
Dear Sir/Madam, I will like to discuss a problem with you which I believe most of the non EU/EEA people undergo when they travel with in EU/Schengen zone. Every time people like me with a EU/EEA partner and having residence documentation/permanent residence of non Schengen region need a visa to go to EU/Schengen countries by paying visa fees and every time ( I believe) they are with their partner they have to prove to the airline people, check in agents and some times to the immigration officers that they DON’T need the visa in this case. It always waste a lot of time. Above thing has happened to me several times and I did complaint to the airline company but still nothing has changed. Still I believe that people like us should be given equal rights of free movement like EU/EEA members. We should be allowed to enter in these countries up to 90 days of stay without any visa travelling with or without or join or not to join our EU/EEA family members. Sincerely Yours

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 pm

you dont need a visa for it

a petition would have to be to get their stuf in order and stop people waiting for so long seeing as we are paying tax and are not allowed to claim benefits
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017