ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN . criminal convictions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fungai
Newly Registered

Form AN . criminal convictions

Post by fungai » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I am planning to submit form AN in 2 weeks time and i have a question on criminal convictions. I have just received a notice of intended prosecution with regards to excess speed. have been offered a speed awareness course. My question is do i need to declare it on the form.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 am

The technical legal position is,

That if you accept their offer of speed awareness course by paying and booking for the course and following all the procedure they have mentioned on "notice of intended prosecuiton" then you do not need to declare anything.

Please also remember that you must attend the course as well. If you do not, then in effect it will be tantamount to lyeing on immigration application, and also give you points on you license, and once you get points you will have to inform your insurance company. This will in turn increase your insurance premium. If you do not inform your insurance company about the points, then your insurance will be invalid.

Best way is to follow the procedure in the letter to take on the course.

fungai
Newly Registered

Post by fungai » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks so much for the advice. I have infact returned the form with all the necessary details stating that I was the driver and now await their reply with booking information. I intend to attend the course as I am not prepared to have points on my licence. this is my first time that it has happened