ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKnow

EEA3 application

Post by UKnow » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Hello All,
I have a couple of questions for you and hope some of you can help..
I applied for my PR as a non EU citizen (EEA4) and received my PR few weeks back.
I am now in the process of applying for a PR card for my EU spouse and my children who are also all EU citizens, and have two questions for all EU citizens or those who are married to EU citizens:

1- Do you see an advantage of having a PR for an EU citizen or should I just not bother to do it for them? My spouse have a registration document ( Self-Sufficient status)

2- My EU spouse (wife) did not work for 5 years as she is looking after our children, I was the source of income for the family, my question is: will I need to send with my application our marriage certificate to prove I am her husband although we have a join account where my salary was deposited in through the last 5 years now? or is it enough to provide my income proof ( p60) for the last 5 years and the bank statements for the joint account

Thanks for your help
UKnow

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm

What type of your eea partner's eu treaty rights you excercised when got pr eea4. If your eea partner did not work for 5 years because you were supporting with your employment income then had you hold any private medical insurance.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 am

If your wife doesn't plan to apply for British citizenship in future, I wouldn't bother applying for PR Confirmation. It doesn't bring any real value. For the EU children I wouldn't bother in any case (even if they plan to apply for BC as PR is not required for children).

Any specific reason your wife didn't request a PR Confirmation when you applied? As you already submitted all the required documents for her (as your PR is based on her PR), you could have asked for the PR together.

I believe you applied based on your wife being self-sufficient claiming for exemption from CSI as this was not required when the initial 5 years RC was issued as self sufficient. Was this the case?

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 am

Jambo wrote:If your wife doesn't plan to apply for British citizenship in future, I wouldn't bother applying for PR Confirmation. It doesn't bring any real value. For the EU children I wouldn't bother in any case (even if they plan to apply for BC as PR is not required for children).

Any specific reason your wife didn't request a PR Confirmation when you applied? As you already submitted all the required documents for her (as your PR is based on her PR), you could have asked for the PR together.

I believe you applied based on your wife being self-sufficient claiming for exemption from CSI as this was not required when the initial 5 years RC was issued as self sufficient. Was this the case?

Jambo: You are spot on, I applied based on my wife being self-sufficient and claimed an exemption from CSI as this was not required when the initial 5 years RC was issued in 2007. However, I also purchase CSI since I became aware of it (before the application) and submitted that with the documents and was granted my PR.

To be honest, I do not think there is a particular reason why I did not apply for her at the time, I think we were more focused and concerned with getting my PR (because of the CSI issue), but now that I have it, I thought I should do it for her and the children. Looking back now, I think silly me, I should have applied for them as well at the same time.

My wife has no intention of applying to British citizenship as she is Austrian and she will lose her Austrian nationality if she gains BC.

You are right, Children can become (lf Austrian citizenships approvals) British citizens. I also have now my PR, which should make it easier for them if they decide to go for BC.

I think I will skip the PR for wife and children at the moment based on your advice. The main reason I wanted to apply for the PR for them now is only based on my thinking ( which could be farfetched) if the UK decides to leave the EU, the PR would serve as the main and probably the only prove they reside here.
UKnow

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

UKnow wrote:Jambo: You are spot on, I applied based on my wife being self-sufficient and claimed an exemption from CSI as this was not required when the initial 5 years RC was issued in 2007. However, I also purchase CSI since I became aware of it (before the application) and submitted that with the documents and was granted my PR.
Thanks for the update. Nice to see that common sense prevails.

If it comes to the UK imposing restrictions on EEA nationals, then you can deal with it then. I don't see a reason to send the EEA3 application now. The HO are busy enough already.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Well said and I shal not send it as there is no need.
UKnow