ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS and child BC registration with form MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Darren_SA
Newly Registered

NCS and child BC registration with form MN1

Post by Darren_SA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am

Hi. My wife and I have recently obtained ILR this week. My two children (born in UK before we had ILR) have Work Permit dependancy visas expiring end of Sept. (I was on Work Permit for 5 years before getting ILR)

I called NCS to book an appointment to send off their MN1 forms as they are now eligible under Section 1(3), but the lady at NCS said she would not book me an appointment because she was uncertain of whether they were eligible.

How else can I book an appointment?
Do I need one MN1 form per child?

Thanks
Darren

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 am

Just call again and ask for an appointment or try another NCS (you can use any NCS in the country).

A separate form for each applicant.

Darren_SA
Newly Registered

Post by Darren_SA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks Jambo

Yes, I will be calling again this afternoon. The lady asked for a UKBA reference, so I will get my ILR reference from the confirmation letter (BRP still in the post), but I know that my kids are definitely eligible under Section 1(3). Otherwise, I'll try another NCS nearby...

I assume that I need to send off their MN1 applications before their Work Permit dependacy visas expire at end of the month, rather than after?? I wouldn't want them to be illegal - or doesn't it matter now that I'm on ILR, and they were born here?? (I'm hoping that while their citizenship applications are being decided by UKBA their immigration status does not change...)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 am

Registration for UK born doesn't require a valid visa. However, if they would travel out of the UK while the application is still under review, they will need a valid visa to re-enter.

Darren_SA
Newly Registered

Post by Darren_SA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks, that's good news. No travel planned so should be fine. Finally got an NCS appt booked for 2 weeks time...

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 am

Do you require BRP in order to apply for child's registration or just a confirmation letter from UKBA will do?

I am going to apply for ILR at PEO and intend to book an appointment for NCS after getting the letter, just so the registration process can start asap.

Also, is there usually a waiting time for the NCS appointment? I can see that you got an appointment 2 weeks later ... did you choose the specific date or was that the soonest available?

Darren_SA
Newly Registered

Post by Darren_SA » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:39 am

My PEO ILR was approved on the day, last Monday 3rd. I received BRP in post on Wednesday 5th, 2 days later. I phoned local NCS on Friday 7th and booked appointment for next Monday 17th - so I thought a 10 day wait was pretty decent, but I guess that depends on your NCS for their earliest avail date, otherwise you'll have to try your next closest NCS.

I will be taking:
- Completed MN1 forms (one per child)
- ILR confirmation letters (me + wife)
- BRP's (me + wife)
- Passports (me + wife),
- Child's passport,
- Child's UK birth certificate/s (showing ILR parent's names),
- Child photgraphs
- Parent's Marriage certificate
- Fee form (separate doc from UKBA site)

I would expect they would require the BRP rather than just letter alone, to be safe, but I'm not 100% sure. NCS cannot offer immigration advice, so rather take more than what is required to avoid refusal.

Good luck
Darren

Ozair

My correspondence with Central Bedfordshire NCS

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:58 am

My correspondence with Central Bedfordshire NCS
---------------------------
Dear Mr XYZ

Thank you for your e-mail query.

We offer Nationality Checking Service appointments on the following days:

Mondays (10.00 am - 12.00 pm) and Wednesdays (10.00 - 2.00 pm) at our office in Ampthill, The Court House, Woburn Street, Ampthill MK45 2HX

and

Tuesdays (9.30 am - 2.00 pm) and Thursdays (9.30 am - 2.00 pm) at our office in Bedford - Bedford Borough Council, Customer Service Centre, Horne Lane, Bedford MK40 1RA

In order to apply for Naturalisation for your child, you or the child's mother will need to have already been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. Once you have received ILR we will be able to book an appointment for your child.

We don't currently offer a premium same day service. It varies how long you may have to wait for an appointment. This is currently approximately 2 weeks but it can vary from week to week.

Our charge for Nationality Checking for a child is £30 and the Home Office fee for a child is £551.00.

Please don't hesitate to contact us via life.events@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or alternatively you can call us on 0300 300 8144.

With best wishes.

-------------------------

Later i asked if just the confirmation letter from PEO will do or i need to bring the BRP to the appointment as well? The following reply followed

-------------------------

Dear Mr XYZ

Yes a letter from the Home Office confirming ILR will be sufficient for your child's appointment to go ahead, as long as the child was born in the UK.

We believe your Biometric residents card might well be updated on the day of the appointment or a new biometric card issued - in which case you can bring them to the appointment for proof of ILR.

On the day of the appointment you will need to bring:

Completed MN1 application form
Your child's UK birth certificate
Passport - if he/she has one
Both parent's passports and biometric card/Home Office letter confirming ILR
Your marriage certificate - including a translation into English

Would you like to book the appointment for Monday 8 October at our office in Ampthill. We can offer you a 10.00 am appointment. Just one parent needs to attend with all the papers detailed above. Your child doesn't need to attend the appointment.

Can you confirm if you would like the appointment on Monday 8th October at 10.00 am and I will book this for you?

Best wishes.

--------------------------

My ILR appointment is on 3rd October and she has already booked me for 8th October!

Darren_SA
Newly Registered

Post by Darren_SA » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Hmmm, looks like you are now fully dependant on a 2-day delivery time for your BRP from the UKBA - although you have it in writing that the letter will be enough, so you should be good to go.

My appt was 9:10am, I got there an hour before and there was no problem to go through early, get your ticket number, pay the fee first, then wait for them to check docs, take pictures, and then call you again to take all your docs, then come back after 2hrs, wait for them to call you again to collect confirmation letter - whole process just over 4 hours, @ Croydon PEO. Don't forget copies of all your docs. Good luck on 3rd

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm

No i am just hoping that they stick to what they said regarding the letter being sufficient for them to process the application. If UKBA only requires a reference number and not a copy of BRP then it should be ok.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Ozair,

I am sure you must have had your NCS appointment by now, 2 questions:

1) Did they infact gave you an appointment before you had your ILR granted?
2) Did you or did you not have to carry your Biometric cards, or was the ILR approval letter enough for this purpose?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Ozair,

I am sure you must have had your NCS appointment by now, 2 questions:

1) Did they infact gave you an appointment before you had your ILR granted?
2) Did you or did you not have to carry your Biometric cards, or was the ILR approval letter enough for this purpose?

Regards
1) Yes they booked me an appointment in advance. Another NCS i contacted advised me to wait till i get my BRP. My ILR appointment was on 3rd and NCS appointment on 8th.

2) I did not have my BRP on the day of NCS appointment, I carried the Standard ILR approval letter with our name on it. However, the lady at the NCS called Home Office to confirm if they would accept the letter on its own.