ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter stating paid annual holidays outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Simi UK

Employer letter stating paid annual holidays outside UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 am

Hi guys,

Does anybody has any set format for this letter, which is now required for all ILR applications?
I've never been out of country for work related reasons but have used my paid leaves to go abroad every year. Now what should my employer state about those ?

Please suggest. Can people post the exact wording they are using in this letter?

Many thanks.

ukswus

Re: Employer letter stating paid annual holidays outside UK

Post by ukswus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:14 am

Simi UK wrote:Hi guys,

Does anybody has any set format for this letter, which is now required for all ILR applications?
I've never been out of country for work related reasons but have used my paid leaves every year. Now what should my employer state about those ?

Please suggest. Can people post the exact wording they are using in this letter?

Many thanks.
What category are you in? If Tier 1, such letter is not required.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 am

Tier2

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 am

ukswus wrote:
Simi UK wrote:Hi guys,

I've never been out of country for work related reasons but have used my paid leaves every year. Now what should my employer state about those ?

Many thanks.
What category are you in? If Tier 1, such letter is not required.

I am WP (5 years) + 1 year Tier 2

prabhusubha
Newly Registered

Post by prabhusubha » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 am

I am also in the same boat. I am work permit holder and I used my paid annual holidays to go to abroad (total away days is 125 ). Do I need a letter from employer?

Could someone help me with letter template?

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Please let me know.....senior members please suggest....I am on Tier 2 visa, what letter we want from our employer

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Simi UK wrote:Please let me know.....senior members please suggest....I am on Tier 2 visa, what letter we want from our employer
Yes, you require a letter from your employer if your are on a Employer Sponsored visa. See guidance below - Page 10-11:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Absences must be connected to the applicant’s sponsored or permitted employment, or the permitted economic activity being carried out in the UK, for example, business trips or short secondments. This also includes, if appropriate, any paid annual leave. Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer setting out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:21 pm

as far as i can understand WP holders no not need a letter from the employer.... as if u read the form carefully they mention about other categories but no indication about WP holders... (where they ask about the letter)..

so i think no need of a letter from employer for WP holders... but if u need to attach it for a peace of mind ... there is no harm in it..

obviously senior members can advice u better...

kspattees
Newly Registered

Evidence of absence

Post by kspattees » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:11 pm

I am on Work Permit now and have PEO appointment on Tuesday 18th Dec for submitting ILR application.

Do I need to get a letter from employer for evidence of absence?

Thanks in advance.

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi guys, I had my ILR successful on 14th Dec Friday.
This is what I carried with me to the PEO - but I WAS NOT ASKED FOR THIS and so did not give it.

So for people wondering what the format and wording should be like, here it goes:

<<On Company Letter head please>>

To
UK Border Agency,
Dominion Court,
41 Station Road, Solihull
Birmingham
B91 3RT

Sub: Letter regarding MARK SMITH’s absences since his tenure at the organisation
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is to state that MARK SMITH (Emp ID: 12345) is presently employed with <Organisation Name> since <December xxth 20xx> and holds the designation of ‘Project Lead’.

During his tenure with <Organisation name>, his longest period of absence which was out of country has been for his annual leave in Dec 20xx. The dates of his annual leave were 27-Dec-20xx to 20-jan-20xx.

I can confirm this holiday of MARK SMITH as mentioned above was a paid leave and his salary was paid in to his UK bank account as normal.
Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. A (Director)

bmwuk2011
Newly Registered

Post by bmwuk2011 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm

To be on the safer side, I am getting a letter from the employer. Like i said i'm a WP holder.
I don't think there is a specific format for this letter but then I have drafted the below letter displaying only working days as I obviously was away from UK for 70 odd days during Dec 10-Jan 11. Breaking it down as working days looks more appropriate i think?-Comments Welcome....

Dear Sirs
Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain
This is to confirm that Mr ABC is currently employed by XXX in the UK as a full time Permanent employee as a XXX
The following were Mr ABC’s absences away from the UK on holidays –The absences were in-line with his annual leave entitlement and he was in continuous employment receiving his full salary during these periods.
sr. From To No. of Working days
1 08/02/2008 21/02/2008 9
2 30/12/2008 06/01/2009 5
3 26/11/2009 11/12/2009 11
4 06/12/2010 31/12/2010 19
5 04/01/2011 16/02/2011 31
6 13/08/2012 07/09/2012 19
Total 94

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours Sincerely,

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 am

Please help!!

I am filling the new SET (O) form, on section 6.2 it says we need to mention date of leaving UK and date of entering UK.

Now when we count our absences from UK in last 5 years we only consider whole days and do not count the date of departure and arrival.

As per the new rules being on tier 2 I need to give a letter from my employer stating my absences.

The question is if I mention the dates of departures and arrivals on SET O form and mention only the whole days on the letter from employer they may cause some discrepancy.

The problem is that if I count the whole days then my absences and 167 but If i count even the departure and arrival dates it becomes 183.

I noe it's confusing but I Hv tried my best to explain it......need guidance!!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 am

Guys,

I am completely confused.. If my total absence is less than 180 days, why would I give letter for absence?? Why do anyone care as long as I am within 180 days??

Am I missing something??

kspattees
Newly Registered

Absence less than 180 days

Post by kspattees » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I was out of UK for 120 days and not more than 90 days in one go.

My solicitor has advised me that absence evidence is not applicable for me.

bmwuk2011
Newly Registered

Post by bmwuk2011 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 pm

hi kspattees,

What visa status do you currently have? I suspect the requirement depends on this...

kspattees
Newly Registered

Post by kspattees » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi bmwuk2011,

Currently I am on work permit visa which was issued on Jan 2008.

malepiscean

Post by malepiscean » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Simi UK wrote:The question is if I mention the dates of departures and arrivals on SET O form and mention only the whole days on the letter from employer they may cause some discrepancy.

The problem is that if I count the whole days then my absences and 167 but If i count even the departure and arrival dates it becomes 183.
The rule says that travel days are not to be counted - so actually I'm confused by your comment more than anything else to be honest...how will there be a discrepancy if the departure and arrival dates are accurately mentioned everywhere?

pure desire

Re: Absence less than 180 days

Post by pure desire » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 pm

kspattees wrote:I was out of UK for 120 days and not more than 90 days in one go.

My solicitor has advised me that absence evidence is not applicable for me.
i think the same..... i guess as far as we r under 180 days n also for WP... no requirement of the letter..... but i can be wrong....

kspattees
Newly Registered

ILR got approved at Croydon!!!

Post by kspattees » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

My ILR got approved today. I have submitted old SET(O) form 07/12 version, did not provide any evidence of absence proof.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR got approved at Croydon!!!

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm

kspattees wrote:My ILR got approved today. I have submitted old SET(O) form 07/12 version, did not provide any evidence of absence proof.
Thanks for the update kspattees & congrats! It would help if you could list the documents the Case worker requested from you. Or the documents you provided to help others who will be applying as old Work Permit Holders to determine whether anything has changed since the new rules were introduced.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 am

@kspattees

Can you pls suggest which solicitor you hired? May be on PM if you dont wat to disclose publicly.

would really appreciate

thanks

kspattees
Newly Registered

Old Work Permit category Document List

Post by kspattees » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

I have applied ILR under work permit category which was issued in Jan 2008.

Main Applicant
----------------
Passport(s)
Employment initial offer letter
Employment confirmation letter from employer (stating Job Title, Annual Salary, Employment Hours and SOC code clearly stating if I was in Tier 2)
Life in the UK pass certificate
Bank statements (last 3 months)
Pay Slips (Last 3 months)
P60s for last 5 years
Tenancy Agreement
Photographs 2

Dependent Applicant (Spouse)
----------------------------------
Passport
Life in the UK pass certificate
Bank statements (last 3 months)
Photographs 2

Dependent Applicant (Child 18 months old)
------------------------------------------------
Birth Certificate
Passport
Photographs 2

Living Together Evidence
-----------------------------
Marriage Certificate
Council Bill for last two years (My name and wife names are mentioned)
TV Licence for current year (one in my name and other one in my wife name)
One join account bank statement for the month of Dec 2011

Vinodh1978
Newly Registered

Employer letter format for ILR application

Post by Vinodh1978 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Friends,
The new rule says, who appear for ILR if they are outside the UK during employment. UKBA expects employer letter stating the dates when we traveled.
Do anybody has any good format of letter?
Thanks