ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Im Filipino and my husband is Irish living in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Magenta
Newly Registered

Post by Magenta » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:59 am

hi shelly,

sheng here. am, filipina, happily married to an irish guy. am new in the country, just got here june last year. we, me and my husband, applied for a holiday visa there in our country. he was with me all along and i remembered the lady being very helpful. we just wrote a letter establishing our relationship, we didn't provide any pictures, cards, or whatsoever of that kind. she asked my husband to photocopy his passport with the stamp that he is indeed in the country that time. i guess the fact that he was with me all along made it easy for me. we handed our documents together. by the way, we got married here. so technically, i came here as his fiance and not his wife yet. i have a friend here married to irish guy as well. they got married there and what they did is apply for a holiday visa for her there. and as soon as she's here, they processed here legal papers here to be made permanent. i think that would be easier as the immigration officer here, is so helpful. she got her stamp 4 here easily. so, i suggest if you are having prob with your spousal applic try applying for holiday visa. and when you're here go straight to immigration office with your husband and bring all your papers and ask for stamp 4 for you to be legal here. the fact that you got married in the our place it might take a while for you to get stamp 4, but don't worry your husband is irish and they would really help you. it might help as well that your husband talk to them how to make your stay here a lot easier. hope you get here asap. see yah.

shellylooney
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of relationship

Post by shellylooney » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:30 am

dingbat wrote:Kumusta Shellylooney,

I am not an expert or professional in Irish immigration affairs but perhaps I can offer some help. I am Irish and my wife is pinay. Ireland is not an easy country to gain entry to nowadays due to the system having tightened up over the last few years.

You met via the internet and married. The amount of time you have spent together is also important, Has your husband been to visit you since your marriage, visits will go towards proof, have you made attempts to obtain a Visitor visa to visit him. Even if they refused a visitor visa application it shows that you tried and your husband tried to get you over here to Ireland also.

In Ireland marriage soon after an internet meeting would be viewed with a degree of suspicion. I would suspect that this may be the main source of your problem. While in the short term that is a big problem, in the long term it will be a small problem. Your appeal was refused, that is an appeal on your first application, on the same application and evidence, do not be disheartened by it.

Dont lose heart, keep working at it.

Dingbat.

thanks for your help. My husband just got here last week this was his 3rd time visit here in the Philippines. We get married in his 2nd visit here.

Im now on my way sending my 2nd application for a spouse visa. Hope they will grant me this time. I enclose all important evidence, as in everything. My husband is supporting me & doing all his part to make this fast.

I know that sometimes people think bad from online-love but its not only me that i found my soulmate online but what i can say is that, i thank that there is internet w/out it i wouldnt found my true love and my soulmate. My husband loves me as much as I love him.

God Bless!

appleAngel88
Newly Registered

Post by appleAngel88 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi Shelley :D
My wife and I had the exact same situation untill last week. (I'm Irish, she's a Filipina) On appeal we submitted absolutely every piece of correspondence we had from each other, letters from parents & friends endorsing our relationship, photos from each time I was in the Philippines etc...ALSO and most importantly we think, is that we contacted our local government representative (tell your husband his local TD) who also appealed on our behalf. Four days after we lodged the appeal my wifes visa was approved. Hope this helps and best of luck :)

ps? when it's approved give urself a week or so to get everything sorted with the consulate there.... There's some sort of seminar you have to attend before leaving in order to get a stamp. Also you have to get it certified and then the Consulate will stamp your visa. As the consul hand writes the visa's make sure the dates are impeccably clear as my wife was delayed by 3 days as she was turned back from the airport because they said the date stamp on the visa was illegible. If it also helps use Lufthansa or KLM to fly here as British Airways will require that you get a transit visa to change flights in the UK ( basically if you don't they can deport you back to Cebu.....I hads to fly to London to meet my wife and even then she was held up by immigration till about 2 mins before the flight to Dublin closed)
Again best of luck :D

shellylooney
Newly Registered

Post by shellylooney » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 pm

appleAngel88 wrote:Hi Shelley :D
My wife and I had the exact same situation untill last week. (I'm Irish, she's a Filipina) On appeal we submitted absolutely every piece of correspondence we had from each other, letters from parents & friends endorsing our relationship, photos from each time I was in the Philippines etc...ALSO and most importantly we think, is that we contacted our local government representative (tell your husband his local TD) who also appealed on our behalf. Four days after we lodged the appeal my wifes visa was approved. Hope this helps and best of luck :)

:D
Hi !

thanks for your concern. My husband was using a solicitor to help w/ our application. My husbands appeal was refused so what we do now is to lodge again my 2nd application.I will tell my husband about his local TD.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:10 am

Shelly: I'm moving to this thread instead of http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 3&start=40

Your husband should contact the DOJ and try to get more information from them. This will probably require numerous phone calls (best time to call is at exactly 09:59AM just as the lines open), but he may get some advice on how best to procede. He can try faxing letters, writing letters and emailing them to see if he can get an answer or some advice on what info your application is missing, or how you will ever be accepted for a D-Spouse Visa.

As I said before, be sure to try to get a TD (or even a local councillor) on your side. It would be worth asking appleAngel88 which TD she went to. I tried with 2 TDs (Greeen Party and Fine Gael) but neither were successful and our appeal was rejected (different reasons though). At this stage though anything is worth a try. You should also try to get affidavits from your husband family or friends to testify to the validity of your marriage.

Your husband should also contact the Immigrant Council of Ireland as they too may be able to offer some advice.

You should also try to talk to someone at the Irish Embassy in Manilla and see if they can offer any suggestions or help. Personally I wouldn't simply leave it to the solicitor as going through the courts may take a long time.

shellylooney
Newly Registered

Post by shellylooney » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am

hi scrudu,

We'll do everything we can this time. Big thanks for your help.

by the way, i send you pm hope you read that now.

shellylooney
Newly Registered

Post by shellylooney » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:13 pm

I will let you all know that i got good news...My visa application was APPROVED!!! My husband took a solicitor and he appealed on our behalf and glad to know the result. At last we will be together w/ my hubby and start our life together. Were very happy.

thanks all for the info and support....

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:24 pm

wow, finally some good news! That's great Shelly! I wonder what it was that finally made them see sense! Congrats! Best of luck in your new life together!