ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hyper-PK

ILR Set(O)

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It’s been totally unfair from HO that other side of the forum (10/14) Set (O) getting their ILR within 3-4 month and in this category Set (O) people are waiting for more than 6/7 month, but mine is so far just over 5 moths..So still counting down ,,,aplied on 24/08/2012

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

FAO Mr Hussain Rumy

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

Who ever is Mr Hussain Rumy, Can you please stop trying to sort the Skydrive for 10 Yrs LR. As you are messing the whole sheet. After repeated reminders, you've been doing this every now and then.

Please let us know what stats/report are you trying to pull from the spread sheet and someone shall be able to sort it out or train you how to do ?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Hyper-PK

Re: FAO Mr Hussain Rumy

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Who ever is Mr Hussain Rumy, Can you please stop trying to sort the Skydrive for 10 Yrs LR. As you are messing the whole sheet. After repeated reminders, you've been doing this every now and then.

Please let us know what stats/report are you trying to pull from the spread sheet and someone shall be able to sort it out or train you how to do ?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Yes I had also noticed that there was problem with the spread sheet,,,but forget to raised the issue. Thanks >>>Damanisshallo

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Chapter 18 Annex B paragraph 7.5(g) of the Nationality

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 pm

For Example Mr P made an application for ILR on 01/01/2012, and was granted ILR on 01/12/2012. (Assuming the delay was not Mr P's fault) can Mr P make a citizenship application on 01/04/2013 (15 months from his application date for ILR) stating the above policy on a covering letter?
Nationality Policy Team wrote:Your request has been handled as a routine enquiry and not under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

I can confirm that nationality policy does not contain a definition of the word ‘protracted’ as referred to in paragraph 7.5(g) of the nationality guidance. Nationality caseworkers consider each application on its own merits referring to the case history of the ILR application. If the caseworker determines that a delay occurred during the ILR application which was no fault of the applicants and the other requirements of paragraph 7.5(g) are met then discretion may be exercised in the applicants favour.

In general terms, we would expect to exercise this discretion where the delay was due to failings on the part of the UK Border Agency. Examples of this might be where there had been delays in dealing with the case due to an increased volume of applications, or the file being with another part of the Agency. If, however, the delays were due to the applicant not responding to correspondence, or sending incorrect documentation which resulted in further enquiries, we would not exercise discretion on this basis.

In the example you have outlined above, if a delay had occurred during Mr P’s application for ILR and it is shown that this delay was through no fault of his own then the policy for discretion detailed in paragraph 7.5(g) of the Nationality guidance will normally be applied.

However, this decision will rest with the caseworker considering the application for British citizenship. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves that they meet the requirements for British citizenship before making an application as the fee for an unsuccessful or withdrawn application will not be refunded.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: New Job started

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm

nats wrote:Damanisshallo or Spidery_thread or anyone:
I have started the new full time job and provided my employer with my passport copy, acknowledgement letter and biometric invitation letter. and told that i am waiting for my ILR as its over 6 months now and about to come. Employer did not asked about my previous status. They want to hire me and said we will inform HO that you are working with us. I was on student visa and applied ILR in july. Do you think HO will create any issue or objection on my full time job now?
Don't worry you will not have a problem.

1. because your not in full time studies at the moment and a student visa is allowed to work more than 20hrs if they are not in term time.

2. If you have a all validity with you 10yrs ILR. I am sure they will grant you PR. and they won't check what ure working in the meantime (when they are deciding).

This is unless you are very very very unlucky. But don't worry

S

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 pm

@Damanisshallo:
I'm sending my wife flrm tomorrow to HO just a quick question; what should I send with the form means my BRP or the original HO confirmation letter which I got with my documents at the time of my ILR grant. Or get copies of the letter and BRP and send it.
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Khall75 wrote:@Damanisshallo:
I'm sending my wife flrm tomorrow to HO just a quick question; what should I send with the form means my BRP or the original HO confirmation letter which I got with my documents at the time of my ILR grant. Or get copies of the letter and BRP and send it.
Thanks
FLR(M) Guidance wrote:The reasons for not being able to provide the original document must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely to grant your application without the original document.
Out of curiosity, Why not going for a Premium Service????
FLR(M) FORM Note 6 wrote:If you are unable to provide your passport or travel document, you may only submit other evidence of your nationality in certain circumstances.
These circumstances are;
• Where your passport has been lost or stolen
• Where your passport has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities, or
• Where the passport is with another part of the UK Border Agency.
Is your circumstance mentioned in the above list? and Note 7 from FLR(M) Application Form does not applies to you.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 pm

I did tried to go to the window and do it the same day but they don't have appointments available till end of April and I had only 28 days after my ILR which was approved on 5 January 12.
Someone just now told me that if I go to the post office they have some sort of service where they will check my documents and verify it. Then I can keep my documents. Not sure though
Thanks

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

The reason for not sending my BRP is that I'm applying for housing benefit, tax credit ..... And that will ask for it. If I sent it to the HO then I don't have anything on me to show that I got ILR.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Khall75 wrote:I did tried to go to the window and do it the same day but they don't have appointments available till end of April and I had only 28 days after my ILR which was approved on 5 January 12.
Someone just now told me that if I go to the post office they have some sort of service where they will check my documents and verify it. Then I can keep my documents. Not sure though
Thanks
I think it is for SET(M). where you can use Settlement Checking Service

Where did you get this information about 28 days deadline from?

Try this procedure to book your appointment
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

I can sent my passport to them with the application but there is no sticker or anything on it. As u knw after the biometric thing they don't stamp the passport any more

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm

[quote="Khall75"]The reason for not sending my BRP is that I'm applying for housing benefit, tax credit ......[/quote]

Get in there........ no point wasting time!

K.

naqeeb

Query

Post by naqeeb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick query - If u apply with the help of solicitor does the passport or BRP is sent out to myself or solicitor. So far acknowledgement and Bio Metric invitation letter i have been receiving at my addrres and copies are sent to my solicitor.

Thanks

nats

Re: New Job started

Post by nats » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm

thanks Damanishallo for clearification. I hope everything goes well. Thanks Saanju9 for encouraging reply, atleast i can think positive now. I was bit scared about thist, hat HO dont make any problem for my ILR after knowing about my full time job. my student visa was expired in august and i applied for ilr in july.. so they must know that i have not extended my student visa or took admission in any other college. On other side if I am working full time its good for them as well in terms of Not Claiming benefits, paying more tax and NI.. Lets hope for best.. :)
saanju9 wrote:
nats wrote:Damanisshallo or Spidery_thread or anyone:
I have started the new full time job and provided my employer with my passport copy, acknowledgement letter and biometric invitation letter. and told that i am waiting for my ILR as its over 6 months now and about to come. Employer did not asked about my previous status. They want to hire me and said we will inform HO that you are working with us. I was on student visa and applied ILR in july. Do you think HO will create any issue or objection on my full time job now?
Don't worry you will not have a problem.

1. because your not in full time studies at the moment and a student visa is allowed to work more than 20hrs if they are not in term time.

2. If you have a all validity with you 10yrs ILR. I am sure they will grant you PR. and they won't check what ure working in the meantime (when they are deciding).

This is unless you are very very very unlucky. But don't worry

S

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Query

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 pm

naqeeb wrote:Quick query - If u apply with the help of solicitor does the passport or BRP is sent out to myself or solicitor. So far acknowledgement and Bio Metric invitation letter i have been receiving at my addrres and copies are sent to my solicitor.
Depends on what you've filled in when you made your application.
Skydrives, Templates

naqeeb

Re: Query

Post by naqeeb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Ahan time to double check copy of my application. Thanks for the quick pointer. Following this blog and you seem to be one of the most helpful and knowledgeable guy on this blog. Pray to almighty that everyone's wait fo ILR becomes easier and quicker. Hope is a wonderful thing
Damanisshallo wrote:
naqeeb wrote:Quick query - If u apply with the help of solicitor does the passport or BRP is sent out to myself or solicitor. So far acknowledgement and Bio Metric invitation letter i have been receiving at my addrres and copies are sent to my solicitor.
Depends on what you've filled in when you made your application.

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Helloooo guys

I have a big news I have received my passport with approval.

Here is my details. Can any one put these dates up in drive pls
Application Sent: 28/06/2012
Confirmation Letter dated: 06/07/2012
Biometric Letter received: 17/08/2012
Biometric information submitted: 25/08/2012
ILR Granted:30/01/2013
Passport received: 30/01/2013
BRP received: Still Waiting

Can any one tell me my Wife is with me as my dependent previously (tier 1 migrant ) over 5years now. Can I apply for her ILR? If I can, which form and documents I will need. Also is that true I have to apply for her visa before 28 days?
Last edited by Punjabis on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahshah

contact Ur local MP

Post by shahshah » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Pari_in_kwest wrote:Thanks, just spoke to the local government who sounded supportive. They said they will write to the Home Office on my behalf but I am still waiting for the Doctor's certificate from India before the MP could arrange to send a letter to the Home Office.
Dear i just have read your post. My prayers are with u as i already have gone through with this pain when my lovely brother passed away back in November. I requested our MP who wrote to them but they did not reploy for two wks then our MP directly talk with some one in ukba and explain the and request them to process the application same day. And i got my visa. It took altogather 17 days.
But you need to have hospital letters n bills to prove it. If ukba satisfies with proof they will decide with in 4 wks. So good luck

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Punjabis wrote:Can any one tell me my Wife is with me as my dependent previously (tier 1 migrant ) over 5years now. Can I apply for her ILR? If I can, which form and documents I will need. Also is that true I have to apply for her visa before 28 days?
No, she cannot apply for her ILR, she rather needs to apply for FLR(M) and the very next day she can apply for ILR.

There is no such rule to switch within 28 days AFAIK (I've confirmed the same with the HO this after for someone else and the lady over the phone said there is no such rule and further asked me where did I got this information from). However, someone has experienced this but later got through here
Skydrives, Templates

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Punjabis wrote:Can any one tell me my Wife is with me as my dependent previously (tier 1 migrant ) over 5years now. Can I apply for her ILR? If I can, which form and documents I will need. Also is that true I have to apply for her visa before 28 days?
No, she cannot apply for her ILR, she rather needs to apply for FLR(M) and the very next day she can apply for ILR.

There is no such rule to switch within 28 days AFAIK (I've confirmed the same with the HO this after for someone else and the lady over the phone said there is no such rule and further asked me where did I got this information from). However, someone has experienced this but later got through here
Thanks for your quick reply Damanisshallo, I have been reading this forum every day you have been very helpfull. I have to appreciate.
I got couple of more questions.
It's means I have to apply twice for her (means have to pay twice)?
Also please can I apply now as she still have visa for another 3 months. Or do I have to apply in last 28 days of her visa finished.

Also I have children born here 5 and 3 yrs old. Correct me if I'm wrong I just have to register them? Which form? And how?

kya1104
Newly Registered

ILR approved with 6 weeks gap!

Post by kya1104 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am

Hi, I'd like to share with you the big news of ILR approval and I hope this could help someone and ease their mind!

ILR based on long residency applied: 28/06/2012
Biometrics done: 28/08/2012
ILR approval date: 26/01/2013

my 10 years: student visa (2000-2006)+ dependent visa on my husband (2006-2013) I could not apply for ILR in 2010 as I had a visitor visa once between student visas in 2001 which meant my 10 year started being counted from 2002, Jan.

*my 6 weeks gap:

1) my husband applied for psw visa with me being dependent (in time application) in 2008, but we were not aware that I had to fill out a seperate application from him. With no application to consider, my passport came back after a visa expiry date(24/11/2008), which made me an overstayer.

2) my husband's application was soon refused due to insufficient funds in a bank which was a mistake on our side. He appealed and won the case in early jan, 2009. Then I resubmitted a new application form in 7/01/2009. My visa was issued in may 2009.

* I have 530 days out of the country which is very close to the limit of 540 days(?). 3 months outside in 2005, 5 and a half months in 2010 (a document submitted to support the reason)

3) my husband was granted his ILR in june 2012 and I have a daughter who was born here (this might have helped my case, I reckon?)

anyway, I think I must have had a good reason to be disapproved but its good news finally. It has been such a long journey and the 7 month waiting was desperate and painful. That is why I am writing this to someone who might have a complicated case like mine.

thank you very much for all the help I got from this site and hope your long waiting will be over soon! good luck to all :D

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

NCS

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 am

Punjabis wrote: It's means I have to apply twice for her (means have to pay twice)?

Yes

Also please can I apply now as she still have visa for another 3 months. Or do I have to apply in last 28 days of her visa finished.

This is what the UKBA adviser told me yesterday, but in your case your wife has already been here for 5 yrs I think you can apply(there are always mixed reactions and this is really a grey area). Having said this, if you can book an appointment for FLR(M), they might advise you if she can or cannot make an application yet. The good thing is, they wouldn't charge you if they cannot proceed.

Also I have children born here 5 and 3 yrs old. Correct me if I'm wrong I just have to register them? Which form? And how?

Use MN1 form for your kids and try to use NCS, that way you can still keep hold of your original docs.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Skydrives, Templates

k77

Hello nadeem toheed

Post by k77 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 am

Thanks for your reply.Please pst your comments as soon as you receive your letter from Home office. I think Home office should start face to face interview service for the ILR 10 years category.We pay a lot of fee but the amount of time they take on decision is unresonable.We should raise our concern about this with the local MP and home office.

naqeeb

Re: ILR approved with 6 weeks gap!

Post by naqeeb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am

thanks for sharing your story, it does give hope to all people waiting anxiously. Enjoy ur new freedom
kya1104 wrote:Hi, I'd like to share with you the big news of ILR approval and I hope this could help someone and ease their mind!

ILR based on long residency applied: 28/06/2012
Biometrics done: 28/08/2012
ILR approval date: 26/01/2013

my 10 years: student visa (2000-2006)+ dependent visa on my husband (2006-2013) I could not apply for ILR in 2010 as I had a visitor visa once between student visas in 2001 which meant my 10 year started being counted from 2002, Jan.

*my 6 weeks gap:

1) my husband applied for psw visa with me being dependent (in time application) in 2008, but we were not aware that I had to fill out a seperate application from him. With no application to consider, my passport came back after a visa expiry date(24/11/2008), which made me an overstayer.

2) my husband's application was soon refused due to insufficient funds in a bank which was a mistake on our side. He appealed and won the case in early jan, 2009. Then I resubmitted a new application form in 7/01/2009. My visa was issued in may 2009.

* I have 530 days out of the country which is very close to the limit of 540 days(?). 3 months outside in 2005, 5 and a half months in 2010 (a document submitted to support the reason)

3) my husband was granted his ILR in june 2012 and I have a daughter who was born here (this might have helped my case, I reckon?)

anyway, I think I must have had a good reason to be disapproved but its good news finally. It has been such a long journey and the 7 month waiting was desperate and painful. That is why I am writing this to someone who might have a complicated case like mine.

thank you very much for all the help I got from this site and hope your long waiting will be over soon! good luck to all :D

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 am

congrats Punjabis and kya1104, all the best wishes.

K.