ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 am

@wiggsy and sarahassy
the emails that i sent to ROB whiteman, his assistant replied saying she would contact the case worker and indeed she did. so now the case team head sent as email to me that they have located my case and are now going to make a decision in a couple of days time.

i would advice sarahassy to send email to rod whiteman which will quicken things.
all the best
Last edited by kiss300 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:41 am

kiss300 wrote:@wiggsy and sarahassy
the emails that i sent to ROD whiteman, his assistant replied saying she would contact the case worker and indeed she did. so now the case team head sent as email to me that they have located my case and are now going to make a decision in a couple of days time.

i would advice sarahassy to send email to rod whiteman which will quicken things.
all the best
Thanx kiss300.Please check your private sms.there is a message for you.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:24 am

SARAHASSY

CHECK UR PRIVATE MESSAGE

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 am

To be clear....

It is ROB WHITEMAN (not rod).

Second... Rob is overseeing the transition to the new "system", which is likely to take well past the next financial year...

Ukba will not suddenly end.

Therefore rob is still the main man... At least for now.

Sara, don't get your hours up too much. Nothing happened by way of reply to me yet since friday.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:41 am

kiss300 wrote:SARAHASSY

CHECK UR PRIVATE MESSAGE
thanx very much.I was thinking of how to start.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 am

wiggsy wrote:To be clear....

Second... Rob is overseeing the transition to the new "system", which is likely to take well past the next financial year...

Sara, don't get your hours up too much. Nothing happened by way of reply to me yet since friday.
wiggsy & kiss300 I really appreciate the support you r giving me. At first Iwas relaxed thinking I have a solicitor
but since Im the stockholder, have to wake up. Thanx very much guys

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 pm

i have a solicitor but i am doing this. because it is for me and not the solicitor.
you must work your own way.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Same as me. Doing what I can alongside my solicitor too. I've not had any reply from Rob's office yet but I ve sent another email yesterday and again this morning.
Will send another Mon/Tue.
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 pm

mam2 wrote:Same as me. Doing what I can alongside my solicitor too. I've not had any reply from Rob's office yet but I ve sent another email yesterday and again this morning.
Right had a notice of failure to report in the post today for wife.
Notice of Detention

needless to say: I called UKBA Homer Road who issued it... they have no record of it... I asked "What will happen on 24th when my wife fails to attend?" "er.. I guess we will write again reminding her"...

I made it clear that we will proceed with legal action if any further notices are sent OR if UKBA turn up at my home address. As my wife is LEGALLY present in the UK. I reminded them of case of Raducan & Anor -v- MJELR & Ors [2011] IEHC 224 Which will have an impact on any future legal proceedings (unlawful detention ETC).

The woman on the phone was very uncertain as I quoted numerous case laws and said "I don't know if your a solicitor Mr P, but I don't know any of this" "But your the Law Enforcement section... Surely you SHOULD know?" It became clear that she was very uneasy because she clearly knew less than myself. The call ended with "Well, your holding up other calls" "Excuse me? MY wife's case is less important than other cases?"

I therefore emailed Rob's office, along with the call recording...

And then called Robs office and had a 30 or so minute chat with a guy called Ollie. He was rather polite and honestly a TRUE "Customer Service Rep." - I can't fault him. He actually listened, and was honest. (Although I feel rather bad, because I think my attitude was slightly rude with him, which I did appolgise for... be he said he could understand).

He told me that Extensive enquiries are being conducted, he personally hasn't had any input into it... but he is definately aware of my wifes case, although not the very detailed specifics.

I asked the man if he would be willing to tell me how much he earns... He declined to... I said is it more than 25grand, he said "Yes, but I don't wish to be more detailed than that"

I then came straight to the point and said "Do you have the email addresses for David Wood and Sarah Rapson?" he said "I'm not aware of them, but I am sure that we will respond to this in your enquiry."

He said that Rob Whiteman IS NOT directly running the UKBA now. Complaints should be addressed to Sarah and David respectively - HOWEVER, complaints about what happened on Rob's watch are being dealt with by his office.

I asked again "But we cannot complain directly if we don't have contact details?" "If contact is sent to Rob, the messages will be forwarded onwards appropriately."

Hope this is useful...

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm

sarahassy wrote:
wiggsy wrote:To be clear....

wiggsy & kiss300 I really appreciate the support you r giving me. At first Iwas relaxed thinking I have a solicitor
but since Im the stockholder, have to wake up. Thanx very much

guys

Sarahassy , sorry I hardly check my inbox I just did now and I have sent you a pm. I was very relaxed as well because I paid my solicitor 1,200 what a waste of money he is not doing anything. When I called him to advice may be we put up a complaint. He said didn't I watch the programme on bbc that ukba have problems and that I should be patient that he would contact them which he never did. I decided to wake up from my sleep and carry my cross.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

I DIDNT PAY ANYTHING FOR THE WORK MY SOLICITOR DOES. SO IT WOULD BE SLOW KNOWING THAT HE IS NOT PAID FOR HIS WORK.
IF YOU DONT FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH NO ONE WOULD. THEY WOULD SAY HAVE PATIENCE AND BY THE TIME U REALISE IT WILL BE 14 YEAR TIME.
LOL

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I WOULD ALSO ADVICE THAT YOU PRAY AS YOU WAIT OR WRITE TO THEM. KNOW THAT IT IS PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING ON UR CASE AND THEY CAN MAKE MISTAKES. BUT AS YOU DEEP THEM IN THE BLOOD, GOD WORKS ON THEM AND EVERYTHING WORK FOR YOUR GOOD

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Wiggsy,
I can understand your frustration. Your wife is here legally so why should she report.
Do you know when those newly appointed will start their jobs? Did the guy mean if we still send email to Rob, it will be forwarded to the right address? Why can't we have the address then. I'm waiting for replies to my emails. Who will do that then? From Rob or Sarah/David?
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Rob is dealing with everything that is with him currently.

I will get their emails

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:46 pm

@WIGGSY

SO IF THEY SAY WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. HOW LONG DO YOU FINK IT MIGHT REALLY TAKE? ANY IDEAS?

THANKS

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 pm

@ Kiss, I dont know... But: After I spoke to Ollie today, as true to his word, he came back to me with this (so hopefully, in the next few days might mean by the end of next week???)

Dear Mr P

Thank you for your emails to Rob Whiteman and others. When we spoke earlier I said that I would try to respond to you today. I have obtained some information from the team in the West Midlands that issued the ISE343 document – I thought that this was likely to be the most pressing issue for you so wanted to get a response to you in writing before the weekend ahead of a more comprehensive reply on the other issues you’ve raised next week.

The ISE343 is an automatically generated document that is sent to individuals who do not report as required and have not alerted the Home Office in advance that they can’t attend. Your wife was clearly aware of the requirement to report as she had been doing so compliantly for many months and had called ahead of the previous reporting event (in March) to advise that she was too ill to attend. Your wife’s IS151a and IS96 forms make it clear that she is technically an overstayer and liable to arrest and detention at any time if she fails to comply with the terms of her temporary release – the ISE343 simply reminds her of that and the team was correct to issue it in the circumstances.

As I’m sure you can imagine the vast majority of people who report don’t feel that they should have to, and without making any comment on the relative merits of your wife’s application or status (as I am not privy to the details or familiar with caselaw) it is important that she complies with her reporting restrictions while it is required of her. Whatever you think of how her applications have been handled being unco-operative with what is an established (and legal) process won’t improve the situation and I would advise your wife to recommence reporting.

I have only become familiar with this case this afternoon and we aren’t yet in a position to respond in detail to all the other points you have made in your communications on this – I hope that we will be able to do so next week. As I said on the phone sending us additional emails each day actually serves to slow our response down as we have to revisit our proposed response to make sure it covers all the new issues raised. Therefore I would politely ask you to give us the opportunity to consider the points you’ve raised and respond to you accordingly before sending us further complaints.

Finally I have arranged for three things to happen next week:

1. Your wife’s outstanding application will be expedited and considered by a caseworker early next week. Depending on what information she has already provided and what is missing that caseworker may contact you to request some additional evidence. Please do what you can to co-operate with this process as I think that dealing with this application may be a positive step towards the resolving the situation.

2. Eddy Montgomery, who is the senior civil servant with overall responsibility for the team that send you the ISE343 (and indeed for all enforcement operations in the North of England and the Midlands) will telephone you on Monday to discuss further. He is much more senior and much more knowledgeable than me and will be better placed to explain. If you let us know a good number to reach you on I’ll pass that on to Eddy.

3. I advised the team in Solihull of your assertion that your wife would not be able to report on 24 April. We would not normally accept childcare arrangements as a reason not to report but in the circumstances we will suspend reporting until 11 July 2013. This is to allow the appropriate consideration of your wife’s outstanding application and to acknowledge her consistent and reliable reporting since 2010. We will shortly send you a new IS96 with the next reporting date as 11 July 2013.

I appreciate that this doesn’t touch on many of the issues you’ve raised but I wanted to at least respond and address the immediate issues and reassure you again that your wife’s case is being looked at quickly and by the relevant senior people.

Have a good weekend,

Ollie

Ollie Carlisle

Private Secretary to the Director General of Operational Systems Management

Home Office

Obviously, his reply, although I appreicate it, didnt serve me too well, so i have duely responded...

outlining obligations under Sec 55, my childs education, and so on... the problem is... its so hard NOT to complain when they have made it so easy to do so....
Dear Mr Whiteman / Nadhim Zahawi,

Ollie,

In response to your email today, Thank you. Let me begin with: My telephone number is xxx, I have an appointment with my Physiotherapist on Monday Morning until 2pm, so I wiill not be available during this.

You mention IS151a and the fact that my wife is "technically an overstayer". Whilst I understand your statement that you are not aware of all case law, I am well aware of plenty of the case law. I am specifically aware of ECJ case C-459/99 MRAX v Etat Belge [2002] Particularly part 2 of the ruling:
2. On a proper construction of Article 4 of Directive 68/360 and Article 6 of Directive 73/148, a Member State is not permitted to refuse issue of a residence permit and to issue an expulsion order against a third country national who is able to furnish proof of his identity and of his marriage to a national of a Member State on the sole ground that he has entered the territory of the Member State concerned unlawfully.

Whilst I understand my wifes Zambrano application is based upon a Derivative right obtained via TFEU 20, the fact remains, this case law will still have a significant bearing on my wifes leave to remain in the country. Specifically: My wifes immigration history cannot be taken into account for the process of her application for (and I reiterate) confirmation of her right to reside and work within the United Kingdom.

Since March 2011 my wife has attempted to discuss her case with the team in West Midlands. They have outright refused to do so.

Your wife’s IS151a and IS96 forms make it clear that she is technically an overstayer and liable to arrest and detention at any time if she fails to comply with the terms of her temporary release – the ISE343 simply reminds her of that and the team was correct to issue it in the circumstances.

As I said on the telephone to you today: I am aware that an IS96 reporting condition is an ALTERNATIVE to DETENTION. I am also aware that DETENTION is ONLY POSSIBLE when removal is pending. As far as I am aware, removal instruction have not been issued to my wife. If such removal instructions have indeed been issued, then we would like a copy of such instructions, and then we will file our judicial review claim on such. As I outlined on the telephone to yourself today. My wife, (as her right to reside falls from the EEA regulations para. 15(a)), is not a Person Subject to Immigration Control. - The same is also true as my wife is also the spouse of an EEA national.

As I’m sure you can imagine the vast majority of people who report don’t feel that they should have to, and without making any comment on the relative merits of your wife’s application or status (as I am not privy to the details or familiar with caselaw) it is important that she complies with her reporting restrictions while it is required of her. Whatever you think of how her applications have been handled being unco-operative with what is an established (and legal) process won’t improve the situation and I would advise your wife to recommence reporting.

Whilst I understand that you are trying to give some helpful advice I would like to reiterate once again:
1) It is not required of her for two reasons, firstly she is the spouse of an EEA National. I have worked in Finland. Regardless of the UK's interpretation of case law, I remain fixed that my wifes protection under Directive 2004/38/EC still remains!
2) LEGAL: It isnt a legal process. Case C-34/09 does not allow a member-state to impose restrictions upon that persons right to reside. Such restrictions go onto remove the genuine enjoyment of the EU citizen's rights. (I'll touch on this more below).

I have only become familiar with this case this afternoon and we aren’t yet in a position to respond in detail to all the other points you have made in your communications on this – I hope that we will be able to do so next week. As I said on the phone sending us additional emails each day actually serves to slow our response down as we have to revisit our proposed response to make sure it covers all the new issues raised. Therefore I would politely ask you to give us the opportunity to consider the points you’ve raised and respond to you accordingly before sending us further complaints.
I understand that further emails may slow the whole process down. However, the fact remains that statements are made, and statements require further commenting on. I will, however, ATTEMPT to withhold further complaints. However, as the large amount of illegal actions by UKBA come to light (I am rather shocked that our solicitor did not highlight the relevant legal process for obtaining finger prints), Such things need bringing to light and querying.

1.Your wife’s outstanding application will be expedited and considered by a caseworker early next week. Depending on what information she has already provided and what is missing that caseworker may contact you to request some additional evidence. Please do what you can to co-operate with this process as I think that dealing with this application may be a positive step towards the resolving the situation.

As I have made clear, I am more than willing to supply whatever evidence is required. I am certain whatever evidence should be required to prove that my wife of a 9 month old baby and 3 year old British Children is the primary carer, for whom are dependant on her in many ways. (Note the ruling in C-34/09 upon whom he is dependant)

2.Eddy Montgomery, who is the senior civil servant with overall responsibility for the team that send you the ISE343 (and indeed for all enforcement operations in the North of England and the Midlands) will telephone you on Monday to discuss further. He is much more senior and much more knowledgeable than me and will be better placed to explain.If you let us know a good number to reach you on I’ll pass that on to Eddy.

I would like that. My mobile number (as mentioned above) is xxx. However, I will be unavailable until after 2pm.

3.I advised the team in Solihull of your assertion that your wife would not be able to report on 24 April. We would not normally accept childcare arrangements as a reason not to report but in the circumstances we will suspend reporting until 11 July 2013. This is to allow the appropriate consideration of your wife’s outstanding application and to acknowledge her consistent and reliable reporting since 2010. We will shortly send you a new IS96 with the next reporting date as 11 July 2013.

Once Again, As mentioned on the telephone: Section 55 of the Act, means that a childs care and welfare must be THE primary consideration in all matters which involve a child. Are you telling me that childcare arrangements do not fall within the UKBA obligations under Sec. 55?

As I explained previously. My wife is unable to report due to our daughter attending nursery. Infact when my wife called the centre in March she was told that she would need to attend the following month... She did infact inform them that she would be unable to attend as our daughter had an Easter Bonnet parade at nursery. In addition to this, on numerous emails, I have highlighted that my wife is the Primary Carer for our daughter. It is my wife who takes our daughter to school and collects her. It is impossible for my wife to get from Stratford, to Solihull and back to collect our daughter... This is true EVEN IF DRIVING.

Are you stating that a child's education is not a primary consideration as to their welfare? If so, I also draw attention to UN Rights of the Child. Particularly Article's 28 and 29.

http://crae.org.uk/rights/uncrc.html

Article 28
•Every child has the right to free primary education.
•Governments must encourage secondary education, making it available and accessible to every child and young person
•Access to higher education must be based on the ability to benefit from it.
•Governments must make sure children and young people get information about education.
•Governments must encourage regular school attendance.
•Governments must make sure that school discipline protects the dignity of children and young people, and is in line with their rights in this Convention – so no hitting or humiliation.

Article 29
•Governments agree that the aim of education is to help the fullest possible growth of the child's or young person's personality, talents and mental and physical abilities.
•Education must help children and young people: - respect human rights
- respect their parents
- respect their and others' culture, language and values
- have self-respect respect the environment.

Surely, UKBA / The Home Office must agree that this case is clear. A childs education should not suffer due to "reporting restrictions". We even mentioned about my wife reporting to the local police station - This was discussed during the rather lengthy telephone call which took place with Richard. I am well aware that this is a possibility. We have no reason to be unco-operative. However, I am well aware of processes in place. I am also aware that my wife has rights within the UK. These rights include the right to WORK and RESIDE FREELY within the UK.

I appreciate that this doesn’t touch on many of the issues you’ve raised but I wanted to at least respond and address the immediate issues and reassure you again that your wife’s case is being looked at quickly and by the relevant senior people.

Whilst I understand that you have done your best here, for which I thank you. The fact remains, the law is the law. The restrictions imposed upon my wife are illegal (despite what you, or your colleagues within the UKBA state). The Immigration Act 1971 does not apply to my wife. My wifes right to reside within the UK comes from the EEA Regulations 2006. I attach a copy of said regulations in an "updated" form to this email for your reference... At no point in these regulations does it state that a reporting restriction can be imposed upon any person subject to these regulations. Obviously, if you know otherwise, then please: direct me to the relevant legislation that states so.

Your's
Mr W B P

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:59 pm

mam2 wrote:Same as me. Doing what I can alongside my solicitor too. I've not had any reply from Rob's office yet but I ve sent another email yesterday and again this morning.
Mam.. I actually got the telephone answered today... i called at about 1 or 2 (just after postman came) try his 02 number on monday...

bear in mind though: I have highlighted more than just application to them... ive made complaints about pretty much EVERYTHING possible (my wifes finger prints were taken illegally, the restrictions of is96, failure to return passport, attitude of staff, the way the ukba barged into my home in 2010 - also sending me flying) the lost passport in 2010 (coincidently, at the same time our bank account was cleaned out... linked???) and all the rights of children, human rights, eea national upon return, err in law in the human rights decision) - and still more complaints keep arising as i find out more processes which HAVE to be followed and were not...

it pays to look into it all yourself... solicitors want money... they dont care about you... since I began on my wifes case my wife can work legally (technically - no luck yet)

if my wife gets her DRC we will apply for PR in a year and half (which will obviously fail) and then go to JR for discrimination, as she is not being aforded the equal treatment as she falls into a different group of family members... (i really think everybody who gets the DRC should file for JR after failing on a PR application on the basis of Discrimination on Nationality and the route of residence within the UK. 10 years on the Immigration rules = ILR... why not on DRC?

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks wiggsy, will do.
papa2

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:24 am

wiggsy wrote:@ Kiss, I dont know... But: After I spoke to Ollie today, as true to his word, he came back to me with this (so hopefully, in the next few days might mean by the end of next week???)

Dear Mr P

Thank you for your emails to Rob Whiteman and others. When we spoke earlier I said that I would try to respond to you today. I have obtained some information from the team in the West Midlands that issued the ISE343 document – I thought that this was likely to be the most pressing issue for you so wanted to get a response to you in writing before the weekend ahead of a more comprehensive reply on the other issues you’ve raised next week.

The ISE343 is an automatically generated document that is sent to individuals who do not report as required and have not alerted the Home Office in advance that they can’t attend. Your wife was clearly aware of the requirement to report as she had been doing so compliantly for many months and had called ahead of the previous reporting event (in March) to advise that she was too ill to attend. Your wife’s IS151a and IS96 forms make it clear that she is technically an overstayer and liable to arrest and detention at any time if she fails to comply with the terms of her temporary release – the ISE343 simply reminds her of that and the team was correct to issue it in the circumstances.

1. Your wife’s outstanding application will be expedited and considered by a caseworker early next week. Depending on what information she has already provided and what is missing that caseworker may contact you to request some additional evidence. Please do what you can to co-operate with this process as I think that dealing with this application may be a positive step towards the resolving the situation.

2. Eddy Montgomery, who is the senior civil servant with overall responsibility for the team that send you the ISE343 (and indeed for all enforcement operations in the North of England and the Midlands) will telephone you on Monday to discuss further. He is much more senior and much more knowledgeable than me and will be better placed to explain. If you let us know a good number to reach you on I’ll pass that on to Eddy.

3. I advised the team in Solihull of your assertion that your wife would not be able to report on 24 April. We would not normally accept childcare arrangements as a reason not to report but in the circumstances we will suspend reporting until 11 July 2013. This is to allow the appropriate consideration of your wife’s outstanding application and to acknowledge her consistent and reliable reporting since 2010. We will shortly send you a new IS96 with the next reporting date as 11 July 2013.

Have a good weekend,

Ollie

Ollie Carlisle

Private Secretary to the Director General of Operational Systems Management

Home Office

Obviously, his reply, although I appreicate it, didnt serve me too well, so i have duely responded...

outlining obligations under Sec 55, my childs education, and so on... the problem is... its so hard NOT to complain when they have made it so easy to do so....
Dear Mr Whiteman / Nadhim Zahawi,

Ollie,

In response to your email today, Thank you. Let me begin with: My telephone number is xxx, I have an appointment with my Physiotherapist on Monday Morning until 2pm, so I wiill not be available during this.

You mention IS151a and the fact that my wife is "technically an overstayer". Whilst I understand your statement that you are not aware of all case law, I am well aware of plenty of the case law. I am specifically aware of ECJ case C-459/99 MRAX v Etat Belge [2002] Particularly part 2 of the ruling:
2. On a proper construction of Article 4 of Directive 68/360 and Article 6 of Directive 73/148, a Member State is not permitted to refuse issue of a residence permit and to issue an expulsion order against a third country national who is able to furnish proof of his identity and of his marriage to a national of a Member State on the sole ground that he has entered the territory of the Member State concerned unlawfully.

Whilst I understand my wifes Zambrano application is based upon a Derivative right obtained via TFEU 20, the fact remains, this case law will still have a significant bearing on my wifes leave to remain in the country. Specifically: My wifes immigration history cannot be taken into account for the process of her application for (and I reiterate) confirmation of her right to reside and work within the United Kingdom.

Since March 2011 my wife has attempted to discuss her case with the team in West Midlands. They have outright refused to do so.

Your wife’s IS151a and IS96 forms make it clear that she is technically an overstayer and liable to arrest and detention at any time if she fails to comply with the terms of her temporary release – the ISE343 simply reminds her of that and the team was correct to issue it in the circumstances.

As I said on the telephone to you today: I am aware that an IS96 reporting condition is an ALTERNATIVE to DETENTION. I am also aware that DETENTION is ONLY POSSIBLE when removal is pending. As far as I am aware, removal instruction have not been issued to my wife. If such removal instructions have indeed been issued, then we would like a copy of such instructions, and then we will file our judicial review claim on such. As I outlined on the telephone to yourself today. My wife, (as her right to reside falls from the EEA regulations para. 15(a)), is not a Person Subject to Immigration Control. - The same is also true as my wife is also the spouse of an EEA national.

Whilst I understand that you are trying to give some helpful advice I would like to reiterate once again:
1) It is not required of her for two reasons, firstly she is the spouse of an EEA National. I have worked in Finland. Regardless of the UK's interpretation of case law, I remain fixed that my wifes protection under Directive 2004/38/EC still remains!
2) LEGAL: It isnt a legal process. Case C-34/09 does not allow a member-state to impose restrictions upon that persons right to reside. Such restrictions go onto remove the genuine enjoyment of the EU citizen's rights. (I'll touch on this more below).

I understand that further emails may slow the whole process down. However, the fact remains that statements are made, and statements require further commenting on. I will, however, ATTEMPT to withhold further complaints. However, as the large amount of illegal actions by UKBA come to light (I am rather shocked that our solicitor did not highlight the relevant legal process for obtaining finger prints), Such things need bringing to light and querying.

1.Your wife’s outstanding application will be expedited and considered by a caseworker early next week. Depending on what information she has already provided and what is missing that caseworker may contact you to request some additional evidence. Please do what you can to co-operate with this process as I think that dealing with this application may be a positive step towards the resolving the situation.

As I have made clear, I am more than willing to supply whatever evidence is required. I am certain whatever evidence should be required to prove that my wife of a 9 month old baby and 3 year old British Children is the primary carer, for whom are dependant on her in many ways. (Note the ruling in C-34/09 upon whom he is dependant)

2.Eddy Montgomery, who is the senior civil servant with overall responsibility for the team that send you the ISE343 (and indeed for all enforcement operations in the North of England and the Midlands) will telephone you on Monday to discuss further. He is much more senior and much more knowledgeable than me and will be better placed to explain.If you let us know a good number to reach you on I’ll pass that on to Eddy.

I would like that. My mobile number (as mentioned above) is xxx. However, I will be unavailable until after 2pm.

3.I advised the team in Solihull of your assertion that your wife would not be able to report on 24 April. We would not normally accept childcare arrangements as a reason not to report but in the circumstances we will suspend reporting until 11 July 2013. This is to allow the appropriate consideration of your wife’s outstanding application and to acknowledge her consistent and reliable reporting since 2010. We will shortly send you a new IS96 with the next reporting date as 11 July 2013.

Once Again, As mentioned on the telephone: Section 55 of the Act, means that a childs care and welfare must be THE primary consideration in all matters which involve a child. Are you telling me that childcare arrangements do not fall within the UKBA obligations under Sec. 55?

As I explained previously. My wife is unable to report due to our daughter attending nursery. Infact when my wife called the centre in March she was told that she would need to attend the following month... She did infact inform them that she would be unable to attend as our daughter had an Easter Bonnet parade at nursery. In addition to this, on numerous emails, I have highlighted that my wife is the Primary Carer for our daughter. It is my wife who takes our daughter to school and collects her. It is impossible for my wife to get from Stratford, to Solihull and back to collect our daughter... This is true EVEN IF DRIVING.

Are you stating that a child's education is not a primary consideration as to their welfare? If so, I also draw attention to UN Rights of the Child. Particularly Article's 28 and 29.

http://crae.org.uk/rights/uncrc.html

Article 28
•Every child has the right to free primary education.
•Governments must encourage secondary education, making it available and accessible to every child and young person
•Access to higher education must be based on the ability to benefit from it.
•Governments must make sure children and young people get information about education.
•Governments must encourage regular school attendance.
•Governments must make sure that school discipline protects the dignity of children and young people, and is in line with their rights in this Convention – so no hitting or humiliation.

Article 29
•Governments agree that the aim of education is to help the fullest possible growth of the child's or young person's personality, talents and mental and physical abilities.
•Education must help children and young people: - respect human rights
- respect their parents
- respect their and others' culture, language and values
- have self-respect respect the environment.

Surely, UKBA / The Home Office must agree that this case is clear. A childs education should not suffer due to "reporting restrictions". We even mentioned about my wife reporting to the local police station - This was discussed during the rather lengthy telephone call which took place with Richard. I am well aware that this is a possibility. We have no reason to be unco-operative. However, I am well aware of processes in place. I am also aware that my wife has rights within the UK. These rights include the right to WORK and RESIDE FREELY within the UK.

Whilst I understand that you have done your best here, for which I thank you. The fact remains, the law is the law. The restrictions imposed upon my wife are illegal (despite what you, or your colleagues within the UKBA state). The Immigration Act 1971 does not apply to my wife. My wifes right to reside within the UK comes from the EEA Regulations 2006. I attach a copy of said regulations in an "updated" form to this email for your reference... At no point in these regulations does it state that a reporting restriction can be imposed upon any person subject to these regulations. Obviously, if you know otherwise, then please: direct me to the relevant legislation that states so.

Your's
Mr W B P
Wooow Wiggsy, I enjoyed reading this. I will need your help in future, no more wasting money on solicitors who can not quote some case laws as you did. You have made it clear to the HO staff that you r aware of all your wife's rights. I was reporting and when I made the Zambrano application I stopped, my solicitor told me I shouldn't stop coz my application will fail, I didn't listen to her but even the HO never sent me any thing or asked me why I stopped reporting.Anyway all I was thinking abt, r they going to give me transport to go reporting.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 pm

sarahassy wrote: Wooow Wiggsy, I enjoyed reading this. I will need your help in future, no more wasting money on solicitors who can not quote some case laws as you did. You have made it clear to the HO staff that you r aware of all your wife's rights. I was reporting and when I made the Zambrano application I stopped, my solicitor told me I shouldn't stop coz my application will fail, I didn't listen to her but even the HO never sent me any thing or asked me why I stopped reporting.Anyway all I was thinking abt, r they going to give me transport to go reporting.
the thing is, all of the case law is that I have been directed to from this forum at one point or another.

I have spent many sleepless nights just online searching the forums, http://eumovement.wordpress.com/ as well as http://www.freemovement.org.uk/

To be honest, if my wife does get removed to Indonesia, looking at the case law, IT WILL HAVE NO BEARING on our next step: Singh.

My wife misses her family loads, so she could do with a nice holiday with them... if they remove her to Indonesia it means that they need to get her passport etc sorted. first thing first is we will sort Irish visa out on the basis of my wife joining me in ireland. I will register as self employed in Ireland and then come back to the UK, unrestricted. DEBT IS NO ISSUE... - Whatever it takes... Whatever it costs our family is behind us...

If the UKBA issue removal instructions, or do detain my wife, then it will help our case - this is the reason they have removed restrictions until july.
they know they will not be able to remove her - i even told the guy on the phone to issue removal instructions, and he clearly backed down...

Removal will not be 100% bad in this case - it would save us some money on her holiday to see family ;) [always look on the bright side of life :)]

But, I know that reporting IS NOT needed of her, and I have made that clear - and even challenged them to show the legislation where it is required.

As he has said that she is being issued a new IS96, I see that this opens the possibility for a Judicial Review claim on that basis, so im looking into that now...

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Wiggsy,
I admire your fight for your family and your wife in particular. I believe that if those who work at the HO experience this sort of family ties, they will understand when it comes to family issues. Keep it up. Your wife would ve proud of you, honestly.
papa2

wiggsy

FEE REMISSIONS FOR GOING TO APPEAL!

Post by wiggsy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tri ... idance.pdf

SEE PAGES 4 and 5...

I SUGGEST EVERYONE WHO GETS REFUSED A DRC TO APPLY FOR APPEAL AND PUT IT IN WRITING THAT THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY THE £140 FOR THE ORAL HEARING.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 am

True to their word they made a decision concerning my case but its
A bad news. I have being refused. My solicitor just called me now to inform me and that he has posted the copy of my refusal to me. He said I was given the right to appeal within 15 days. The letter was dated. 15th of April. He briefed me that then reasons of refusal is that her dad is still in the uk or a family member that can take care of her. That if I leave the uk there would be someone to take care of her despite the fact that I emphasised that her dad is not part of her life and we dnt know his we're about. They also said I how have I being taking care of the child because I cannot work that means support is coming from some where. Infant I will wait till I see the letter I will paste all the reasons for refusal here. Can u imagine after pushing them to make a decision for almost two years of waiting its still a refusal

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 am

Sorry to hear that mikilo. I think that's the trend now. My heart beats faster when I hear news like this. It's disheartening. The appeal court is going to be busier that ever now. Let's wait for your refusal letter to know the details.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 am

Mikilo, its worth looking at the EEA2 application now.
papa2