ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- For wife and New born child in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happpy
Newly Registered

Post by Happpy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum and apologise if this query has been asked before in this forum. I need an advice on my ILR application. Basically I have to apply ILR in September this year. At the moment I have Tier 1 – General visa extended in 2011. I got married last year and my wife came to UK as a Tier 1 dependent which expires in September too. Also last month we had a baby.
I know that I can apply ILR as my 5 year residency is completed in this September, but I understand that my wife cannot apply ILR as she is not completed 3 years residency requirement. My questions are,
1. Do I need to apply ILR for my new born baby? I have seen in some forums here it says I can register my son as British Citizen using MN1 application under section 1(3) after my ILR is approved, but does my son need to hold any valid visa or ILR before the MN1 application?
2. I have planned to book a PEO appointment for my ILR (Depend on the answer for the previous question, either only for main applicant or main applicant plus one dependent-my son). If ILR is approved, which visa do I need to apply for my wife? Appreciate if anyone explains me which category and the application form required to be filled for my wife’s visa extension.
3. Does my wife need to maintain certain amount in her bank account for last 3 months for her extension, if so can I show my bank statement for her visa extension?
It would be really appreciated if anyone can advise on the above questions.
Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:23 pm

As the child was born in the uk, no visa is needed and is entitled to register as British once you have ilr. Your spouse will have to extend her PBS dep visa until she qualifies.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Happpy
Newly Registered

Post by Happpy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:29 am

D4109125 wrote:As the child was born in the uk, no visa is needed and is entitled to register as British once you have ilr. Your spouse will have to extend her PBS dep visa until she qualifies.
Thanks D4109125
Could you please let me know the link for the extension application form for my wife?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

when did you wife start on a pbs dep visa? She qualifies after two years under the old rules.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Happpy
Newly Registered

Post by Happpy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 am

D4109125 wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

when did you wife start on a pbs dep visa? She qualifies after two years under the old rules.
Thanks D4109125

My wife got VISA on 18th of July 2012 and travelled UK on 18th of Sep2012.
Since I suppose to visit PEO for my ILR, How can I get PEO appointment for my Wife? Do we need to take another appointment for my wife after the my ILR? Or single appointment for both?
On page 3 of the PBS dependent app, if my wife suppose to fill 'Tier 1 (General) - PEO Application' section for Payments, what is the meaning of 'Dependent applying at the same time as a' ?

Happpy
Newly Registered

Post by Happpy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi,

I've already booked my PEO appointment for ILR. Once I got my ILR, I'm planning to submit my wife's PBS dependent application. However I cannot understand the relevant FEE which I need to select on the 3rd page of the application form. I am confused on this according to their explanation on HELP TEXT pdf document.

Can some one please be explain the relevant FEE for my wife's PBS dependent application for either PEO /or postal.

Thanks

ayem
Newly Registered

Post by ayem » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:35 pm

wont ur wife apply on FLR M after u get ur ILR?
D4109125 wrote:
As the child was born in the uk, no visa is needed and is entitled to register as British once you have ilr. Your spouse will have to extend her PBS dep visa until she qualifies.
But the baby was born before he'll get his ILR so he needs to be dependant on wife's FLR M as well, please correct me .. since we are in the same boat.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:50 am

If baby was born in the UK, then baby's entitlement to British citizenship does not depend on baby's Immigration status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ayem
Newly Registered

Post by ayem » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:20 am

Thanks will have a detailed look at chapter 8 info but on same page another comment says which is what ive known and read about till now
Jambo wrote:You either leave the UK in one year time or apply for extension of your visa.
You child will only be entitled to apply for British citizenships if the conditions mentioned above are met. Just the fact that he will be born in the UK doesn't give him any rights.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 pm

The conditions mentioned above are met when the child was born in the UK and a parent is subsequently granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Tier 1(General) Dependent, MN1 for Child of ILR Main

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Happpy wrote:Hi,

I have just been qualified for the ILR and waiting for BRP. My wife need to apply for Tier 1 (General) dependent extension since she came to UK in September 2012. My child born in UK and he is still 4 months and no any visa status. I have few questions to be clarified,

1) Since I'm in ILR, can my child apply for British citizen via MN1 straightaway without waiting for my wife's dependent visa extension?

2) For my wife's dependent extension, can I show funds from my bank statements OR se wants to show her own funds (90 day period)? and how much the exact amount?

3) If I booked PEO appointment for my wife's extension, can I enter to the PEO office with her?

Thanks

Happpy
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1(General) Dependent, MN1 for Child of ILR Main

Post by Happpy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm

[quote="vinny"][quote="[url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 551#926551]Happpy[/url]"]Hi,

I have just been qualified for the ILR and waiting for BRP. My wife need to apply for Tier 1 (General) dependent extension since she came to UK in September 2012. My child born in UK and he is still 4 months and no any visa status. I have few questions to be clarified,

1) Since I'm in ILR, can my child apply for British citizen via MN1 straightaway without waiting for my wife's dependent visa extension?

2) For my wife's dependent extension, can I show funds from my bank statements OR se wants to show her own funds (90 day period)? and how much the exact amount?

3) If I booked PEO appointment for my wife's extension, can I enter to the PEO office with her?

Can someone please answer for these queries?
Thanks[/quote][/quote]

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:46 pm

1. Yes on form MN1 by virtue of section 1(3) as discussed above.

2. If under the new rules she has to extend under she's completed 5 years.

3. Yes.

Happpy
Newly Registered

Post by Happpy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 am

D4109125 wrote:1. Yes on form MN1 by virtue of section 1(3) as discussed above.

2. If under the new rules she has to extend under she's completed 5 years.

3. Yes.
Thanks Guru.

Can I show £1500 (600+900) from my bank statement rather wife’s statement for 90 day period?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:48 am

iq4u3
Newly Registered

Re: ILR- For wife and New born child in UK

Post by iq4u3 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Happpy wrote:Hi,
I am new to this forum and apologise if this query has been asked before in this forum. I need an advice on my ILR application. Basically I have to apply ILR in September this year. At the moment I have Tier 1 – General visa extended in 2011. I got married last year and my wife came to UK as a Tier 1 dependent which expires in September too. Also last month we had a baby.
I know that I can apply ILR as my 5 year residency is completed in this September, but I understand that my wife cannot apply ILR as she is not completed 3 years residency requirement. My questions are,
1. Do I need to apply ILR for my new born baby? I have seen in some forums here it says I can register my son as British Citizen using MN1 application under section 1(3) after my ILR is approved, but does my son need to hold any valid visa or ILR before the MN1 application?
2. I have planned to book a PEO appointment for my ILR (Depend on the answer for the previous question, either only for main applicant or main applicant plus one dependent-my son). If ILR is approved, which visa do I need to apply for my wife? Appreciate if anyone explains me which category and the application form required to be filled for my wife’s visa extension.
3. Does my wife need to maintain certain amount in her bank account for last 3 months for her extension, if so can I show my bank statement for her visa extension?
It would be really appreciated if anyone can advise on the above questions.
Thanks in advance.
First of for your ILR Application. You can apply separate from you for your child on Set (F) If you child visa expire the same time then you can use the set (F) or he/she can apply with you wife on Flr (M)spouse visa.
If you wife is working then she can show account or saving the amount of 22,400 if she does not have the money then she needs to be your sponsor so that you can demonstrate the financial.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm

An application for leave to remain for a UK born child whose parent subsequently has ILR is unnecessary, if child registers for British citizenship.