ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best Embassy to Apply for A Visa from Pakistan?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

confusedinpakistan

Best Embassy to Apply for A Visa from Pakistan?

Post by confusedinpakistan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

This is a question for all the members that have had the pleasure of applying for their spouses to get a visa to join them in a European country from Pakistan.

Could you please post your experiences on which embassy was the most helpful? Which was the least helpful? Which was the fastest?

My experiences so far:

The Netherlands: Actual embassy told me to send salaray slips and insurance info, than I got an email from the consular in Malaysia that none of that would be necessary and only proof of marriage would be required. They give visas after an interview and the next available date is about 1 month away.

Czech Republic: Called for an interview. Was advised to go get the marriage registered in the UK!

France: Curt, one sentence reply asking me to apply through Gerry's. Did not answer any of my questions.

Denmark: Was advised the only thing I would need are plane tickets.

Ireland: Have left an email for the honourary consul, but no response as of yet.

Please let me know your timelines and the responses you have recieved.

stars

Re: Best Embassy to Apply for A Visa from Pakistan?

Post by stars » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 pm

confusedinpakistan wrote:This is a question for all the members that have had the pleasure of applying for their spouses to get a visa to join them in a European country from Pakistan.

Could you please post your experiences on which embassy was the most helpful? Which was the least helpful? Which was the fastest?

My experiences so far:

The Netherlands: Actual embassy told me to send salaray slips and insurance info, than I got an email from the consular in Malaysia that none of that would be necessary and only proof of marriage would be required. They give visas after an interview and the next available date is about 1 month away.

Czech Republic: Called for an interview. Was advised to go get the marriage registered in the UK!

France: Curt, one sentence reply asking me to apply through Gerry's. Did not answer any of my questions.

Ireland: Have left an email for the honourary consul, but no response as of yet.

well i got malaysian visa in less then 10 working days its not eu though ;)
one of my family member got his EEA FP in 3 days and one of my friends friend got in 7 days for uk

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:59 am

Moved to Europe section.

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 pm

confusedinpakistan wrote:This is a question for all the members that have had the pleasure of applying for their spouses to get a visa to join them in a European country from Pakistan.

My experiences so far:

Have u checked with Germany or Switzerland?

stars

Post by stars » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:49 pm

the hurricane wrote:

My experiences so far:

Have u checked with Germany or Switzerland?[/quo
Hi guys i sent email to German embassy still waiting for reply ;)
did any one contacted with German or Swiss embassy?

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Germany have an appointment system, it is about 1 month long.

If you have any luck through email please let us all know.

Ill check the swiss embassy.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 am

confusedinpakistan wrote:Just a quick question, I am planning on coming to the Netherlands with my wife who is a UK national. I am a non-EEA national that will be with her when she excercises her treaty rights we also have 2 children.

I was looking at the forms for applying for a resident card and a few things are of concern to me.

You are supposed to apply for a resident card within 3 days of arriving, but how are you to get an address and a job within 3 days of arriving in a new country?

And how do you get an apartment without a resident card?
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:A residence card cannot be required within three months of arrival.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:36 am

confusedinpakistan wrote:What would you guys suggest is the best country in Europe for new comers?

We are planning on using the Surrinder Singh to get to England after about 6 months.

What would you suggest is the easiest country for working/living in?

We are both native english speakers, and would want to live somewhere where the cost of living is not too high and also where the EU directives are implemented properly without too much trouble.
askmeplz82 wrote:only English speaking country i can find is Ireland

You know the language + weather is like England + Good salary + will be easy to find job in big cities like Dublin
confusedinpakistan wrote:The visa process from Pakistan will take over 2 months. Schegen visa is relatively faster, so looking for a Schegen country.
lake1 wrote:Malta is not an English speaking country but almost everyone speaks English.

Am not sure about job prospect but it a lovely country to live in with friendly people.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:07 pm

D4109125 wrote:
confusedinpakistan wrote:Just a quick question, I am planning on coming to the Netherlands with my wife who is a UK national. I am a non-EEA national that will be with her when she excercises her treaty rights we also have 2 children.

I was looking at the forms for applying for a resident card and a few things are of concern to me.

You are supposed to apply for a resident card within 3 days of arriving, but how are you to get an address and a job within 3 days of arriving in a new country?

And how do you get an apartment without a resident card?
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:A residence card cannot be required within three months of arrival.
I understand it is not required, but wouldnt I need it to apply for work and get an apartment?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 pm

No.

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:10 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:No.
How would I the non-eu national go about finding employment with just a schengen visa?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 pm

The directive 2004/38/ec gives EU family members the explicit right to work (provided that the EU family member is a worker, student, self-sufficient person).

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Would most employers be accpeting of a visit visa and proof of marriage?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:01 pm

confusedinpakistan wrote:Is is possible without a residence card for a family to travel from the Netherlands to Ireland without a visa?

If the non-eu national who is the spouse of an eu national is granted a schegen visa is it possible to travel to Ireland without a valid visa for Ireland?

We would also probably not have a resident card at this point yet.

The reason I ask is because we are planning on using the Surrinder Singh route to eventually get to the UK, and rather than spending 6 months in a European country where the language would be a hinderance we would prefer to be in Ireland.

OUr best bet would have probably been to apply for the visa from our home country but the honary consulate sends applications to Dublin and those can take upto 2 months to process, something that we are not really interested in.

EU National: British
Non-EU National: Pakistani
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It is always possible to enter an EU country under article 5.4 of directive 2004/38/ec; but you would need to get to a border first.

Short answer in your case is to get a visa.

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Would it be possible to apply from the Netherlands for an Irish visa?

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I just wanted to confirm without starting a new thread so please accept my apologies for starting a new thread.

If a non-eu national who is a spouse of an eu national wishes to work is he/she allowed to do so for the first three months without a work permit? Is a tax number or national insurance number needed? Anyone know the exact procedure?

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am

bump!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:29 pm

confusedinpakistan wrote:I just wanted to confirm without starting a new thread so please accept my apologies for starting a new thread.

If a non-eu national who is a spouse of an eu national wishes to work is he/she allowed to do so for the first three months without a work permit? Is a tax number or national insurance number needed? Anyone know the exact procedure?
Temporary insurance

This is a code your employer will use to complete your records while you don’t have a permanent one. Your temporary National Insurance Number is TN DD MM YY F/M. DD stands for your day of birth and MM & YY stand for month and year respectively. F/M stand for female and male. So if you are John Smith who is born in 1986 April 26, your temporary National Insurance Number would have been TN 26 04 86 M.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

confusedinpakistan

Post by confusedinpakistan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:58 am

I believe that is for England only?