ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solihull and greater than 180 days absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niteshj

Solihull and greater than 180 days absence

Post by niteshj » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:41 am

Hi,

I am looking for responses from individuals who have gone to solihull and applied with having absences greater than 180 days. I have chosen Solihull because I have heard they only charge upon successful ILR application (and because they were the ones that had available appointment on day I wanted).

I am currently on 220 days total overseas trip with 146 working overseas and 74 annual leave. (I am on HSMP/Tier-1)

I have read on this forum that Solihull are able to make decisions when total overseas trips are less then 225 days. Anything greater and they ask you to do postal application (in which case I will go to Croydon where they have more senior case workers - hopefully Solihull will not charge me if this happens). I will be getting letter from employer to confirm the work trips and annual leave.

So I am looking for people that have similar situation who have been to Solihull RECENTLY (after mid-feb) and what was the experience.

thanks in anticipation ..
Last edited by niteshj on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 am

As far as I have read on this forum, anything more than 225 days of absence, solihull will not process your ILR application ( note: This is the information I noticed reading through this forum )

I wonder why Solihull couldn't process applications more than 225 days as long as there is no breakage in 90 day stretch rule and the absences are proved to be for business purposes and paid annual leave

Experts/seniors - Kindly Advice whats the correct procedure at Solihull.

There are plenty of us who want to apply at solihull but are not sure if we can ? ( due to the 225 day limit at solihull PEO )

Thanks,

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:48 pm

I think the reason is that for higher (above 180 days), case worker need approval from SEO/HEO (higher officers of certain grade), which is not available at Solihull, so I would personally avoid that PEO.

We know Croydon being their head office has Grdae 7 officers as resident and could be able to decide outcome of your application on the same day.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm

I would agree with nn10. I have seen on this forum that people with over 180 absences were told at Solihull to apply by post. Some of them went to Croydon and got approval for their ILRs.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

linkers wrote:I would agree with nn10. I have seen on this forum that people with over 180 absences were told at Solihull to apply by post. Some of them went to Croydon and got approval for their ILRs.
I have read on here that people with upto 225 days away have been granted ILR at Solihull.

That is why I am asking for recent experiences as I have heard things have gotten stricter of late.

here are some examples of > 180 days (but less than 225 days .. hence I am asking for more examples):
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=98766

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97491 (from ancestry visa)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=89985 (approval with around 800 days absence at Solihull PEO only 5 months ago)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93010 (570 days away - appproved - only 3 months ago)

and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99596 - ramay mentions on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 pm:

"Also 2 weeks ago my friend was in Sollihul for ILR with 4 months business
trip.CW asked him send it by post as they do not have senior case workers..what is over 90 have to be approved by SEO or grade 7 and he asked what about over 180 she answered that is not a big problem...!!Sorry I can't proceed..with your case.." ... so looks like they will process >180 days

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 am

[quote="niteshj"][quote="linkers"]I would agree with [b]nn10[/b]. I have seen on this forum that people with over 180 absences were told at Solihull to apply by post. Some of them went to Croydon and got approval for their ILRs.[/quote]

I have read on here that people with upto 225 days away have been granted ILR at Solihull.

That is why I am asking for [b]recent [/b][u]experiences [/u]as I have heard things have gotten stricter of late.

here are some examples of > 180 days (but less than 225 days .. hence I am asking for more examples):
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=98766

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97491 (from ancestry visa)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=89985 (approval with around 800 days absence at Solihull PEO only 5 months ago)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93010 (570 days away - appproved - only 3 months ago)

and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99596 - ramay mentions on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 pm:

"Also 2 weeks ago my friend was in Sollihul for ILR with 4 months business
trip.CW asked him send it by post as they do not have senior case workers..what is over 90 have to be approved by SEO or grade 7 and he asked what about over 180 she answered that is not a big problem...!!Sorry I can't proceed..with your case.." ... so looks like they will process >180 days[/quote]

Thanks NiteshJ for your indepth analysis regarding this. I too have a friend who isnt part of this forum but had his ILR granted successfully with more than 225 days 2 months ago.

I'm still unclear what to be done. I'm sure if more people share their recent experiences in solihull with more than 225 days, it will get clearer

Thanks,

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:22 am

Yes that is what i'm hoping too. Especially with all this IT PROBLEMS in Croydon. More reason to go s'hill
Last edited by niteshj on Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

How about Liverpool and Sheffield

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Guys,

Do Liverpool and Sheffield have a grade 7 SEO? Can these 2 PEO's make decision on the same day for absenses more than 225?

Thanks,

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 pm

ITGraduate wrote:

Thanks NiteshJ for your indepth analysis regarding this. I too have a friend who isnt part of this forum but had his ILR granted successfully with more than 225 days 2 months ago.
was it granted in Solihull or Croydon? re: what needs to be done .. matter of getting a letter from your employer justifying some of your absences as either work related or paid annual leave

but the key question .. as per the original post .. is Solihull approving cases of 225 days overseas (because of annual leave and business travel)??

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

guys,

some budy told me there is a senior case workers sits in solihull office.

She is the only case worker who works in that region i.e 1 -2 days a week to every PEO like solihull, liver pool , sheffield.

i got around 290 days absence and more than 3 months in a stretch.

can any one confirm this ? what days she sit in solihull ?? because i am planning to go Solihull but have to make sure that it will be right day.

Another thing can any one tell me is there any SEO officer in Belfast PEO ??

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 pm

fahadz1 wrote:guys,

She is the only case worker who works in that region i.e 1 -2 days a week to every PEO like solihull, liver pool , sheffield.
Hi fahadz1! That SEO (women I forgot her name) she works mostly in Birmingham,Leicester and in Sollihul sometimes. ( I've mentioned this in another post)That what I've been told by one immigration solicitor from Birmingam.He goes everyday to Sollihul PEO and sometimes he sees her there.He said that she is a good person always trying to help.
can any one confirm this ? what days she sit in solihull ?? because i am planning to go Solihull but have to make sure that it will be right day.
I'm also interesting in this.You can phone to HO and ask direct phone number
of Sollihul and than ask about SEO.
same thing for Belfast...

or ask some local immigration solicitors in Belfast and Sollihul...and please share your information...all Birmingam's solicitors have a meeting with SEO at 2 of May.If you ask someone of them they will tell you all story...
Last edited by ramay on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks ramay for your responce. I will check from people from now let see. ya man i do share if i get ANY information.

we all in same boat mate !!!

I'm with u guys

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 am

[quote="fahadz1"]guys,

Another thing can any one tell me is there any SEO officer in Belfast PEO ??[/quote]

Hey Fahad,

Any Update on if there is a grade 7 SEO officer at all PEO's?

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

I don’t think so anyone cal tell you that when that case worker sits in Solihull.

I doubt that she even exists !

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 am

[quote="linkers"]I don’t think so anyone cal tell you that when that case worker sits in Solihull.

I doubt that she even exists ![/quote]

I admit its not east to figure that out. Just hoping for some people to advise after the solicitors meeting yesterday as quoted above

I called PEO appt booking line yesterday and they said solihull does accept appointments even if we have more than 225 days of absence outside UK

Same question again and again

Thanks

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I wish the HO would sort itself out and get their act together so they can give us all the correct advice. I attended my appointment at Sollihul on 20 Feb and was turned away because I had been out of the country for more than 225 days (no one stretch more than 90 days). I was made to go via the postal application .... and I'm still waiting for a decision and most frustratingly, without my passport!!

I've read since on this forum that others have been accepted by the Sollihul PEO with more than 225 days ... so maybe it's all a matter of how the senior case worker feels like at the time of your appointment?!?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm

[quote="youoz"]I wish the HO would sort itself out and get their act together so they can give us all the correct advice. I attended my appointment at Sollihul on 20 Feb and was turned away because I had been out of the country for more than 225 days (no one stretch more than 90 days). I was made to go via the postal application .... and I'm still waiting for a decision and most frustratingly, without my passport!!

I've read since on this forum that others have been accepted by the Sollihul PEO with more than 225 days ... so maybe it's all a matter of how the senior case worker feels like at the time of your appointment?!?[/quote]

Hi Youoz,

so sorry to hear that. I understand, in solihull PEO they see some applicants with more than 225 days and at times they say they dont. Its really confusing and annoying. There is no proper rule or guidance on this.

I think its better to always go for croydon PEO if you have more than 225 days outside UK

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I would agree with ITGraduate. Don’t bother going to Solihull when we all know that the chances of seeing the applicant (with over 225 holidays) are very slim.

I would suggest trying at Croydon or applying by post.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

ITGraduate wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:guys,

Hey Fahad,

Any Update on if there is a grade 7 SEO officer at all PEO's?

Thanks,

hi... iw as busy but will contact my friend in Bgham to check if there is senior case worker or not.
My friend solicitor was also going into that meeting. I didnt speak to him after that.

what i'm planning i will go to solihull by thinking i will be turned away for sure and will book appointment next day in croydon. i want to try my luck let see.
i know its been annoying but we cant do any thing. we need ILR and we will do every thing to get it we have to bear these people for some time then life is relaxed.

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Fri May 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello Niteshj, ITGraduate, Fahadz1

I am thinking of going to Solihull and I have >220 days out of UK.

It would be helpful to know what happened next- Did you decide to go to Solihull PEO with >220 days out of UK?

If you have already had your appointment what was the outcome?

Please share your experience, this will guide us all.

Thank you,
Mona

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Fri May 04, 2012 3:37 pm

[quote="Monasheikh"]Hello Niteshj, ITGraduate, Fahadz1

I am thinking of going to Solihull and I have >220 days out of UK.

It would be helpful to know what happened next- Did you decide to go to Solihull PEO with >220 days out of UK?

If you have already had your appointment what was the outcome?

Please share your experience, this will guide us all.

Thank you,
Mona[/quote]

Hi Mona,

I haven't had my appointment yet . I'll be applying in 11 weeks from now

Thanks

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

I was approved today with almost 225 days
at Solihull PEO

see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102540

if you have any further questions in this matter from me then please post on that topic as I might not be checking this topic again

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

My friend got his ILR today with 224 days

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Just wanted to let you all know my mate got his ILR today with 224 days outside UK

He was told by the case worker that as he was less than 225 days they even dont need to provide any proof of his absence. ( dont know if this is the case with all the case workers )

Again the question comes where we need to figure out was there any occasion where someone with more than 225 days of absence was successful in solihull. Please could someone share your experience in solihull with more than 225 days of absence

Thanks,