ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Application -EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kate8118
Newly Registered

Certificate of Application -EEA2

Post by kate8118 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:07 am

Hi there,

I am now applying for an EEA2 and my student visa will expire end of this month. My degree study already finished since last September. I wonder whether I do have the right to work while waiting for EEA2's result. I am quite confused since someone told me that the latest visa status shall remain, while in the certificate of application said that I can work without work permit whilst an application being considered.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Kate

christoff
Newly Registered

Post by christoff » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 pm

you should be able to work. can someone confirm.

Claire79
Newly Registered

Post by Claire79 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:02 pm

I just sent in my EEA2 application and in my confirmation letter it says that I can work until a decision has been made, and that the letter will serve as proof to show an employer.

My current Visa is a working holiday maker Visa, so it may be due to current Visa status, but the letter seemed pretty standard to me and I'm not sure that they take your current Visa into account.

If you don't get a definite answer before then, it should say in your confirmation letter - I received mine about 2 weeks after posting my application (and that was over Christmas).

Claire79
Newly Registered

Post by Claire79 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Oops, sorry, I just reread your post - it sounds like you already have your certificate of application that says you can work, so I would go by that!

kate8118
Newly Registered

Post by kate8118 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:31 pm

Thank you very much claire for your information.

Kate :)