ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO experience 15 march 2013-TODAY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faislondon
BANNED

Croydon PEO experience 15 march 2013-TODAY

Post by faislondon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Dear Gurus,

First off all I would like to think you all for your generous help and advice regarding my ILR application based on HSMP+Tier 1. Today I was at Croydon PEO for my appointment. Reached at 11.15 am for my appointment at 11.55 am.
After airport style security check I went to the counter on the ground floor. Lady asked me for my passport and application form. After getting the token number went to the first floor on the left hand side counters made the payment. She asked me for the token number and payment pafe from my SETO form. After the payment made she directed me to the deep down area and advised to wait for the BIO METRIC.
I had to wait for 1 and 1/2 hrs in there waiting for the announcement of my token number. Not to mention CHAOTIC environment there. Anyways afte getting it done I was advised to go on the second floor and wait to be called by the case worker for the documents.
After waiting for 2 hrs my number was called. To my surprise he was not a case worker. However he asked me for all my documents. And then informed me that BIOMETRIC system is down so most probably they cannot give the approval today. However case worker will go through all my docs and will let me know if everything is OK and will advise accordingly. Also advised me to go out if I want to and come back in 1 and half hrs.
I did so, went to the SUBWAY grabbed some coffee and cookies had some smoke in returned in the same time.
To my surprise again CHAOTIC environment again. After waiting for 2 hrs I was getting nervous and also stressed out. Anyways another half and hr passed I was really nervous by then.
However 15 min later a girl was writing token numbers from all who were sitting in the area. I told her that I have been waiting for 2 and half hrs now and no calls for my number. After she completed everyone she went inside to the supervisor and I guess discussed all the token numbers which were pending.
Half and hr later she waived to me from across the glass to come and see her. She informed me that the BIOMETRIC SYSTEM is down hence teh reason I have been waiting for this time.
She then told me to go to the first floor to a counter number(she gave me) and see the person who has the letter. I asked her in details whats going on since she wasn't very clear to me. She told me that they are unable to do the BIOMETRIC details on the system today. Hence I will have to come back and pick the letter.
Anyways I went to the first floor to the counter advised. The same guy who took my documents was there. Not to mention there were other applicants like me on the window for the same purpose.
He told me that case worker has gone through everything and all looks fine. No further documents are required. But I wasn't sure what her meant bu that. So I asked him again he my case is approved. He said to me that yes it has been approved only they cannot give the approval letter today due to the system. However if I want I can come back on Monday and collect it or post is the other option. I told him that I cannot come back on Monday since I have to go to office. Also requested him if can please send it by post. He went back to the folder checked something on the front came back and told me "yeah its fine to post".
He gave me a letter confirming that they have all my documents. I asked him again "Is everything fine now, has my visa been approved". He confirmed to me yes it has been done by the case worker once the system comes back on Monday they will send my documents, approval letter, passport and Biometric card in the post by recorded delivery.
My overall experience was not that great but I would encourage to go personally. Its better to take that pain one day then to wait for 6 months or even 8 for that matter.

DOCS SUBMITTED:
Passport
4 photo
Application form
Covering letter
Life in UK pass certificate
Employment payslips and also letter from employer
Bank statements reflecting both income
UTR letter
Invoices
Accountants letters
4 Years P60 + HMRC report for 5 years
NIC receipt
Absence letter for 250 days in total 5 years. Once I had 4 and half months absence in a stretch for which I have submitted medical docs
Degree
HSMP approval letter, endorsement letter and Tier 1 extension letter
Land line bill
Tenancy agreement

Thank you guys please keep me posted. Now awaiting for the return documents.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Guys any feedback. I was just wondering if should I consider my case to be aporoved

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 pm

faislondon wrote:Guys any feedback. I was just wondering if should I consider my case to be aporoved
You should be alright. ILR approval will be o.k. Don't know why this Bio Metric results delay in Croydon.Because of the high volume of applicants,System is finding it difficult to cope.

Raju TLN
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Raju TLN » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 am

When apply ILR (HSMP + Tier 1 General)-SET(0) for both main and dependant applicant. do we need to fill separate form for dependant if so what it is?

Is police Registration Certificate compulsory for HSMP + Tier 1 (General) ILR application? I have seen some posts submitting it. If it is compulsory do you guys know what is the process for it. how many days does it takes.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi,

Do PEO calls on saturday. Somebody rec a call today confirming ilr is fine and willrec PPp and doc back in 3 days following with the BRP in a diff post.
I was told the same yesterdat but havent rec any calls yet.
Is everything ok I am getting nervous.
Guys please comment.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:45 pm

I dint receive a call but received my letter saying BRP will be sent under separate cover in next 7 days and received my documents.

Don't worry, UK BA speed is bit slowed down due to system issues. I applied on 12th and received it today for PEO service:). Good luck!
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Dear crusador0408,
Was your case the same as me?. Biometric down and the case worker said everything is ok?.
Did you receive your approval letter, passport and documents in the first post?.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 pm

faislondon wrote:Do PEO calls on saturday. Somebody rec a call today confirming ilr is fine and willrec PPp and doc back in 3 days following with the BRP in a diff post.
I was told the same yesterdat but havent rec any calls yet.
Is everything ok I am getting nervous.
Guys please comment.
I have never heard of them calling on weekends. But you never know, they may be clearing application backlogs if they had issues with their biometric system recently. Technically they cannot approve anyones ILR application until they verify your Biometrics, even though all other documents may be in order. That's why every time their biometric system goes down, applicants have a delay and do not receive a decision on the same day. It's a matter of waiting patiently - from what you have said it appears you should receive yours in the next week.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Thank you mate. I will wait. As they said they will post on monday.

I will keep you guys posted.