ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using Two Bank Statements for Proof of Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Confused Wife
Newly Registered

Using Two Bank Statements for Proof of Maintenance Funds

Post by Confused Wife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi

I have a Tier one general visa and looking to apply for my husband to join me on a Dependant visa.

Is it ok to use two of my accounts to show that I have the £600 maintenance funds required covering 3 consecutive months?

The challenge is that I have the required funds but at some point, the amount dropped below £600 briefly in one of my accounts but I am looking to combine two accounts instead of using one account only.

Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation before and applied successfully?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 pm

I see no issue in using multiple accounts, so long as both statements show the running balance, as detailed in the guidance. I.e. it needs to be clearly evident that you maintained the minimum balance throughout the required period when both pieces of evidence are looked at together. Pay special attention to the period where one account went below the required threshold, and ensure that it is clear that when both account balances are combined during that time period, you have maintained the required funds.