ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1-2-3 simple steps

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkumar
Member of Standing

1-2-3 simple steps

Post by pkumar » Thu May 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I know this question might have been asked MILLIONS of times but i couldn't find a post that give end-to-end process of applying BC.

Can someone please list ... i read about AN form ...submitting to council ... one needs to attend ceremony? passport needs to be applied seperately? ... so if someone can simply mention steps and some link that would be much appreciated ...

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 30, 2013 3:06 pm

1). Complete the AN Form (MN1 Form for Children).
2). Book NCS appointment with your council (optional)*.
3). Visit your council for NCS appointment and submit your application along with the Fee page and the required documents.
4). You will receive the acknowledgement letter from HO within few days.
5). If BC approved, you will receive the approval letter from HO.
6). An invitation letter will be sent to you few days after the approval letter.
7). Once you have the invitation letter, you will need to make an **appointment to attend a Citizenship Ceremony in your council (or any other council).
8 ). At the ceremony, you will be presented with the Citizenship Certificate.
9). You will now need to apply for your first British Passport.
10). If the passport is for an adult, you will also be required to attend a Passport Interview.
11). You will receive your passport within few days after attending the Passport Interview. Most likely to be via DX Courier.

*If you choose not to use NCS, you will have to send the application to Home Office yourself with the original passport(s) and documents. Whereas if you use NCS, they will make copies and return everything to you so you can travel (if need to) while your application is in process.

**Make sure you book the Citizenship Ceremony within 90 days of getting the invitation letter, otherwise you will have to reapply for Citizenship and pay the fee again.

If still unsure of something, see these:
:arrow: Citizenship FAQs
:arrow: Passport Interview Questions
:arrow: Professional Referees
:arrow: Citizenship Application Time-Line
:arrow: British Passport Application Processing Time-Line
Last edited by linkers on Fri May 31, 2013 11:52 am, edited 11 times in total.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

great, thanks.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu May 30, 2013 3:50 pm

splendid ... thank you so much!!!

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi linkers, my colleogue who is south african on Tier 1 visa is an accountant (studied in SA) - can i have her to sign as Refree. ( we are colleogues for over 3 years now). Would the professional degree from foregin would be acceptable?

The refree 2 is my friends who i know from over 3 years and UK Citizen.

could you please advise.
tks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Fri May 31, 2013 1:16 pm

thanks