ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JShah

Council Tax

Post by JShah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 am

Hi John,
I am sure you would have already given information about council tax issues but I am very confused and concerned about the council tax discount/reduction.
I used to get Single person occupancy discount(25%), now My ILR is due in Oct 2013, I have gone through SET(0) form which says about public funds, which also says about Council tax reduction. My question is: is council tax discount(25%) and council tax reduction are same benefit, is it going to effect my visa and what should I do if it has any effect on my visa.
I am on Tier1 G
Your guidance will really help me.

Regards
J

Amber
Mood:

Re: Council Tax

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 am

JShah wrote:Hi John,
I am sure you would have already given information about council tax issues but I am very confused and concerned about the council tax discount/reduction.
I used to get Single person occupancy discount(25%), now My ILR is due in Oct 2013, I have gone through SET(0) form which says about public funds, which also says about Council tax reduction. My question is: is council tax discount(25%) and council tax reduction are same benefit, is it going to effect my visa and what should I do if it has any effect on my visa.
I am on Tier1 G
Your guidance will really help me.

Regards
J
A council tax discount is not a council tax reduction for the purpose of public funds therefore, you would tick no.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:45 am

Hi Jshah,

Could you please update what is your result of ilr application.

did you mention no or yes for single person tax credit from council.

i think you have already applied for ilr in sep/oct 2013.
i am little bit tense on this one.

could you please reply to me.

thanks

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:47 pm

You are confusing two separate issues. I suggest you read this webpage. There you will see that "Council Tax Reduction" is the new name of "Council Tax Benefit", and nothing to do with the 25% Single Occupancy discount.
John